Your Club needs you

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Your Club needs you

• Author
    ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

Scunthorpe United FC has in my opinion been in the hands of a self centered egotist since 2013. Our club became all about one person who is quite frankly a ‘wrong un’.

This same person now holds all the cards on the future of the Iron our Iron.

The very future of the club, the ground its surrounding land, the level we will play at if at all, all in the hands of one person.

What our club needs is a concerted effort by those key players from the past and present who really do care about the club, its assets and it’s future to rid ourselves of Ernest.

So I appeal to interested parties, past board members, current club sponsors, local businessmen, club shareholders and supporters worldwide to somehow come together to get rid of this ‘wrong un’ and seize back the heart,soul and destiny of OUR club.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Ian Botham and Kevin Keegan then?

Both got a net worth of around $12 million according to Wiki.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

Or BadApple, Fans64, he’s a sad apple and 1500club….. A bit like the celebrity Chelsea takeover bid?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

Or BadApple, Fans64, he’s a sad apple and 1500club….. A bit like the celebrity Chelsea takeover bid?

1500club knew the score. 🙂

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

The regulars who remember 1500 club and his monumental essays ,the regulars who remember Fans64 and his never ending criticism of Wharton and “Big hair” Laws ,must be asking the question “where did our number one “fans”(!!) disappear to?
    And also why did they spend hours and hours posting without praise for the club only put downs?- I never could understand their mentality.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Was ‘Big Hair’ a Fans64 creation? Thought it was one of ‘the ref’s’?

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant

The regulars who remember 1500 club and his monumental essays ,the regulars who remember Fans64 and his never ending criticism of Wharton and “Big hair” Laws ,must be asking the question “where did our number one “fans”(!!) disappear to?
    And also why did they spend hours and hours posting without praise for the club only put downs?- I never could understand their mentality.

This regular remembers Fans64 praising Wharton and his running of the club, especially when Cardiff and Hull were dodging bills and looking for new owners, fact.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Des Comerford, Jason Oxenforth, Brian Laws, Nigel Adkins, Cliff Byrne, Andy Crosby, Simon Elliott, Dennis Hobson a few quids worth in that lot?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironkingironking
    Participant

It may be that we get out of the frying pan and into the fire with new owners.

We need to come together as supporters of our club and take it back ground and all.

There needs to be some leadership, Simon Elliot would be my man working with the Fan director Neil Wright.

All of us could invest a small amount for shares to buy Ernest out.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Is the ground classed as an asset if community value? If so should there not be an opportunity to purchase?

Swann dismissed this as it was only valid for a short period – he, as his is mode, missed the point of this – it lets the community and the supporters know who is looking to buy (at the same time as affording the opp to purchase).

I may have missed the point but if no sale is taking place then no need to offer up via community asset scheme? So are we some way off any sale?

f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

Have you spoken to Neil Wright about this Iron King ? Would he be interested ? Gets my vote.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Be nice to know Simon’s feelings now on leaving, and would he have stayed if he knew there would be a fan director on board and Lee there as well.

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

Twowrights ,”This regular remembers Fans64 praising Wharton and his running of the club “.
    What ? Bucksiron would surely be “spluttering in his tea” with that comment!
    The communist leader of the “Wolfie Smith” supporters club wouldn’t praise a “silver spoon “ entrepreneur ,would he?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Dennis?
    No. No and thrice NO.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant

Twowrights ,”This regular remembers Fans64 praising Wharton and his running of the club “.
    What ? Bucksiron would surely be “spluttering in his tea” with that comment!
    The communist leader of the “Wolfie Smith” supporters club wouldn’t praise a “silver spoon “ entrepreneur ,would he?

BI can splutter and you can scoff, it’s still true. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Scunthorpe United FC has in my opinion been in the hands of a self centered egotist since 2013. Our club became all about one person who is quite frankly a ‘wrong un’.

This same person now holds all the cards on the future of the Iron our Iron.

The very future of the club, the ground its surrounding land, the level we will play at if at all, all in the hands of one person.

What our club needs is a concerted effort by those key players from the past and present who really do care about the club, its assets and it’s future to rid ourselves of Ernest.

So I appeal to interested parties, past board members, current club sponsors, local businessmen, club shareholders and supporters worldwide to somehow come together to get rid of this ‘wrong un’ and seize back the heart,soul and destiny of OUR club.

LIQUIDATION!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Des Comerford, Jason Oxenforth, Brian Laws, Nigel Adkins, Cliff Byrne, Andy Crosby, Simon Elliott, Dennis Hobson a few quids worth in that lot?

Hobson passed away about five years ago!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The boxing promoter? He’s still alive. His dad, with the same name, died a few years ago.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

The boxing promoter? He’s still alive. His dad, with the same name, died a few years ago.

Better keep it on ice!!!

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

I knew both.

Lancsironlancsiron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2015
    Topics: 0

Hobson has backed Matlock Town a bit I think… They seem to have become a well run little club battle at the right end if the table after years of mid table mediocre

They have just missed out on promotion following Play Off defeat to Scarbourgh.

PStoffPStoff
    Participant
    Registered On: December 30, 2013
    Topics: 0

Was ‘Big Hair’ a Fans64 creation? Thought it was one of ‘the ref’s’?

We can only dream of a thread with the quality of Iron Players As Animals.

We didn’t know how good we had it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

A ‘thelillisexperience’ creation I recall:

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

This regular remembers Fans64 praising Wharton and his running of the club, especially when Cardiff and Hull were dodging bills and looking for new owners, fact.

BPG still talking about me even now when I no longer post or visit here regularly.,I find your weird obsession and encyclopaedic knowledge of my past posts quite disturbing,
    Get a psychiatrist

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Faith Healer more like!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

That bloke who turns water into wine will see bill alright, he must be used to dealing with weirdos.👾

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Looking at five to ten years at best before we see a return to the EFL.
    At worst, it’ll be liquidation.

ironkingironking
    Participant

Just spoken to Bax Mell, he is prepared to donate a signed copy of his book to the cause.

lucentdreamlucentdream
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2017
    Topics: 18

Who wants to read that shite! I had to laugh when I saw he was door knocking for the Labour party recently. If I saw that Ginger Bell walking up my driveway, I’d close the curtains.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.