York City Match

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace York City Match

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Can anyone tell me how many tickets have been sold to our fans for the away fixture at York City on Tuesday evening. We are going to the match, our first away match of the season. Would love to do more but due to my husbands health he cannot travel too far. But we are doing our bit to support our team on Tuesday evening and going to cheer them on. Hope we can get a result today and we shall be doing our bit to support and watching the match live on TV. Great support from our fans can help us stay up and special congratulations to the young lads in the DRE for their fabulous support. UP The Iron!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

You’ll find it a totally different experience to the old Bootham Crescent days!

dean249dean249
    Participant
    Registered On: September 5, 2022
    Topics: 0

You have sold the North stand which is 890, and the overflow is open have another 500 ish.

hennyoldironOldiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 19, 2017
    Topics: 3

Is it all seating. My days of standing are done !!!

dean249dean249
    Participant
    Registered On: September 5, 2022
    Topics: 0

Yes all seated, great views from everywhere, atmosphere can be cracking too.

Dan-UTIDan-UTI
    Participant
    Registered On: April 8, 2014
    Topics: 1

Yes all seated, great views from everywhere, atmosphere can be cracking too.

I very much doubt that. The away end is about 6 rows deep so behind the goal I imagine the view is shocking at best. Plus the number of “restricted view” seats you sell (at full price……) in the side stands, including the away overflow section, is quite frankly laughable for a brand new stadium.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

With some of yesterdays results not going our way its YET ANOTHER MUST WIN game coming up on Tuesday … its afact we will have to perform a dam sight better that that to get anything at York.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

1-0 or 2-0 to York ☹️

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 72

..always 4.am in the morning ReneMariner- is our impossible plight causing you sleepless nights?

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

In reality it was only 3:00am. Clocks went forwards last night!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

All that positivity is causing insomnia.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

In reality it was only 3:00am. Clocks went forwards last night!

3 A.M. Eternal
    Song by The KLF.

Chronomentrophobia – I’m awash with overwhelmingly haunting thoughts of relegation to NLN !

Deereyme66Deereyme66

All bound for mu mu land. SUFC is gonna rock ya…to sleep.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

29 Oct 2013 York 4-1 Scunthorpe L2
    03 May 2014 Scunthorpe 2-2 York L2

tumbleweed …
    more tumbleweed …
    8 seasons pass …

17 Sept 2022 Scunthorpe 1-1 York
    28 Mar 2023 York ?-? Scunthorpe

What ya reckon? A draw?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

TBH DM I reckon Rene feels more at home in ga ga land, his natural environment I believe.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Humberside (pre-match)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f7dmc2

Humberside (commentary)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f7dmcq

Radio York (commentary)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f77l2c

National League TV (£9.50 to view)

https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/schedule

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Bookies shortest price for the correct score is 1-1 at 5/1

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Bookies shortest price for the correct score is 1-1 at 5/1

Which seems strange as York are favourites to win the game at 21/20 and the draw been 44/20 – 46/20 for a Scunny win.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

depends which Iron turn up .. the Wealdstone ensemble or the Notts County .

Heart says 2-1 Scunny
    Head says 2-1 York

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Is it all seating.

The coloured seats make it look like the Legoland Stadium 😂

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The popular bet on Saturday was both teams to score and scunny to win lol, someone got 18/1 and thought that was alright even though you could get 13/1 just for a scunny win, went out to 28/1 and all our lads went on it,all because it was “the best time to play them” “I’ve just got a feeling” the same feeling that people had at Harrogate and Sutton everyone remember? My suggestion would be if you’ve got a feeling ignore it or check your trousers to see if you’ve shit or pissed yourself, would like to know how much was lost by scunny fans at the bookie’s on Saturday.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

..always 4.am in the morning ReneMariner- is our impossible plight causing you sleepless nights?

A lot of us have a two hour sleep during match time, whilst listening to “rEEley-rEEley Cox’y, thats probably why Rene is awake during the night!!!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Did you follow through on a bet yourself?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No Deerey not at any of them games, as normal I questioned why (reasons above). If I were betting mine would have been 3-0 it pays out eventually.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Sorry guys, but my forcast for Tuesdays game at York is YORK 3 SCUNTHORPE 1.
    Probably a keepers error and two back post goals as normal, but Scunny should manage at least one shot this game, maybe!!!

I hope that I am wrong, but for three or four years Scunthorpe never seem to set up any system that sees us going all out for a win, and just because York are struggling themselves does not make Scunny a better team than normal, our away form is terrible, even the bottom team Maidstone took 4 points from us in the two meetings, relegation awaits us even if we did manage a shock win, so just hope that it is not another rEElly – rEElly poor showing, our hardened supporters deserve for thge players to put some work effort into their performances

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

The match commentary via Humberside is a god send for me but Cox makes my piss boil using the same terms n words repeatedly .. 10 times in the first half against Notts he used Brave or braver and as commented reeelly reeelly is also a favourite.It seems a distant memory when he was the gaffa and the 6-1 away result at footballing power house Harrogate Town alas we werent to know at that time via the Swans Cox , Hill n co just how far we would decline to end up where we are today.

As mentioned on another thread, i want to support JD but with his tactics and tinkering due to so many players coming in he is giving fans so much ammunition not to.

We wont survive this season thats pretty clear and next season in the NLN a lot will depend on who is still around before any sort of prediction can be made ..either way it wont be easy be maintain a top 5 place in a league is harder than it appears ..remember we were told the exact same line re the NL this season and wow hasnt that come to fruition.

im sticking with my 2-1 scoreline either way depending which Iron turn up so it could be a draw then which appears the bookies favourite scoreline ..
    Sadly whilst all remaining fixtures are winnable its a tad unlikely to say the least , beating York Torguay , Dorking Gateshead wont be easy as they too are fighting for their NL survival that still leaves Aldershot , Oldham (Nuttal revisted) and Southend to navigate and hope those around faulter….

HARRY POTTER COULDNT MAKE THAT HAPPEN … COULD HE ??

[/url]www keyboard

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Put your mortgage on Nuttall to score against us when we play Oldham.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

It’ll be a tense day in SODIron Towers today; we live near York and my 11 year old daughter is a York City supporter. She is going to be sat in the home end, behind the goal supporting York, and I’ll be in the away end, cheering on the Iron.

One of us is going to be unhappy tonight!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Can’t beat your kids feeling sorry for you:’never mind dad, there’s always next year…oh wait’.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

My suggestion would be if you’ve got a feeling ignore it or check your trousers to see if you’ve shit or pissed yourself…

😂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.