Wow !

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Wow !

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Wootton is understood to be on £5k a week at Stockport, what division are they in? You can bet Paddy won’t be happy.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

You mean he might have a paddy?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Good grief. That’s more than my pension and that of Mrs Lesgeo combined!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

Good luck to him.
    I hope he bangs in 25 plus goals and a Sheff Utd, Middlesbrough, Hull, Blackburn, West Brom etc take him.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IRON TERRIERIRON TERRIER
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 0

Same as Paddy I understand

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

What’s the source? That’s staggering! Wasn’t Paddy on £3k last season? I can see how he might now be on £5k, but Kyle? Definitely on the up (not his uppers Ferrite 😉🤣)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

It was an article in today’s Portsmouth newspaper Deerey, fanbanter web site had paddy on £3500 a week in an article 4th Jan 2022. He doesn’t need any luck Renee when the tooth fairy has given him £750,000 over the next 3 years, hardly deserves it he’s never scored 20 goals in a season up to now. But I do wish him well, he was one of our own.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If it takes £5k per week to bag Wootton then I fear our team of players on less than £1k pw will struggle to compete.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Yep, That’s the context.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

If it takes £5k per week to bag Wootton then I fear our team of players on less than £1k pw will struggle to compete.

There are some teams in Grantham Towns league paying £600 per week to their star players !!

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

I’m sure it was stated by our former chairman last season that we could not afford to slip or should I say plummet into the national league as we could not compete financially. On the evidence of current signings or lack of signings it would seem he was telling the truth. My only hopes for next season is that we avoid another relegation or going out of business. I also know Keith is getting a hard time and his record is shocking but I can’t see how anyone could do any better with the hand he has been dealt or who would want the job. One thing about him is he is certainly a gluten for punishment. He stated at the end of December after we beat Oldham that we needed to finish the transfer window with a stronger squad than when we started it and that clearly did not happen. I would suspect the current squad we are left with is the weakest in the history of Scunthorpe United by a long, long way and it’s absolutely heartbreaking what has happened.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

Ben Fox at the cods was offered a new contract worth £3,000 a week. He turned it down and decided to sign for Northampton on £4,000 a week. It is frightening players in league 2 can get that much. Under our friend Swann we will be lucky to pay £500 a week.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

When we signed KVV the first time he was on £4500 / week !

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

Rumours were that Beagrie was on 4k a week with us and how long ago was that?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Worth every penny though!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Rumours were that Beagrie was on 4k a week with us and how long ago was that?

That would be with a chairman who let the manager make the decisions regarding player recruitment, backed his judgement and let him get on with the job. We have a different animal for an owner now who despite stepping down as chairman to keep out the firing line as much publicly, still pulls the strings. Hence oblivion awaits.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017

2013–2014
    Yeovil Town 29(13)
    2014–2018
    Scunthorpe United 167(52)
    2018–2021
    Fleetwood Town 131(43)
    2021–
    Stockport County 57(30)

I would argue that the numbers above suggest Paddy has earnt his money. What you pay is important, but what value do they bring they is more important.

We’ve had pretty much sod all value from the signings over the last 3-4 years!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.