Wintertom

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Wintertom

• Author
    PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant
    Registered On: July 10, 2017
    Topics: 5

Anybody who went to the Winterton friendly today care to report on the game?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Normal friendly good run out for all,the new lad Ozie looked promising not sure about fishy, Denton stood out for me. Winterton had nothing to offer and never troubled our goal, missed a few ourselves just needs sharpening up, Butler kept the players who he took off at halftime out on the field getting more fitness into them they run the full length of the pitch at least 4 times and a bit of ball work as well, cant say where we are need testing against better opposition which will come.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

No Hunter today so whether he’s picked up an injury or has moved on is anybody’s guess.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Very disappointed we only had 2 trialists on show, guess everyone else has been binned.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Indeed i noticed Abraham didnt feature …just Rowley and Burden maybe tothers have gone elsewhere ? surely some recruitment activity has to be incoming soon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Ravenhill as gone to Buxton

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

According the the match feed updates on twitter Abraham came on in the 64th minute. I didn’t go so not sure if that was the case or that somebody had made an an error while reporting.

Definitely no Hunter though. Be a shame if he already moved on, I was hoping we would be in with a chance of signing him. This is where I still think the club slips up with it’s poor communication.

Why not just interview Butler post match and put it up on the official site with his thoughts on the performance and info on trialist players?

This is one thing the club needs to improve on as it’s been the same now for years.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I have since looked at the Winterton picture gallery on the official site and Abraham is definitely there so he must have come on 2nd half. No sign of Hunter.

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 5

I first read that as Burton and thought fair do’s league club good luck to him but Buxton?!

Cannot have thought much of him and no deal on the table.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Seem to remember Buxton were planning to go full time this season so maybe splashing the cash a bit.

Must have a sugar daddy to go full time on their attendances.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I first read that as Burton and thought fair do’s league club good luck to him but Buxton?!

Cannot have thought much of him and no deal on the table.

Butler wanted to see him in pre season games whereas Buxton signed him from the off. The guaranteed contract is why he moved on, not because we didn’t want him.

I don’t blame Butler as he was out most of last season injured.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Seem to remember Buxton were planning to go full time this season so maybe splashing the cash a bit.

Must have a sugar daddy to go full time on their attendances.

We had one of them for a few years, didn’t end well till Michelle and her cavalry came riding over the hill to save the day.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.