Winding up order issued by HMRC

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Winding up order issued by HMRC

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

On saturday Simon Elliott in interview with Ollie Turner of Humberside said they would put a new offer in on Monday. So I assume that is what has just been turned down.

Spot on. As I mentioned, this will be the fresh offer put forward by the scunny consortium which has been rejected already. The new offer had taken them a while to put together too.

You can tell they’re a mile away from what Swann wants. I don’t believe they will ever have the funds needed. Only way is if they get fresh consortium members who can add to the pot but it’s too late in the day for that now, we need taking over sharpish before HMRC finally swoops in.

CaptainCodCaptainCod
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 1

I really hope your take over goes through. Although we’re rivals I would hate to see you go under. We thought we had it bad with Fenty but Swann is on another level.
    Self serving , dishonest egomaniacs like him shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a football club. It’s always the genuine fans that suffer.
    Good luck you guys I hope you get through this mess.

Morpeth56Morpeth56
    Participant
    Registered On: February 19, 2022
    Topics: 0

GTFC fan so sorry this charlatan has been allowed to destroy your football club ,but an integral part of your community. My sincere hope is the minimum you can do is divest yourselves of Swann .Even better find new owners with the club and community at heart.Even if it means re inventing yourselves as a phoenix club .Fight on do not let your club due .UTI,UTM

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

I once had an old banger of a car and was so desperate to sell, I accepted the first offer I got. The car was not running well, it had several problems which would cost money to fix, so I was happy to get shot of it and get anything in return. It never occurred to me to haggle.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

From a business perspective it makes sense to get as much as you can from a sale. However, if the bids don’t quite match that, catastrophe looms, and you supposedly care about the club there surely comes a point where you accept a lower bid for the good of the fans for the conscientious owner.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Sorry I should have come back on that ironawe2 on one site that’s what it said but then found another that contradicted that,

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Unless your stubborn, but the positive thing is if Swanny don’t sell the liquidators will.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

and you supposedly care about the club

There lies the problem mate, he doesn’t care about the club.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Unless your stubborn, but the positive thing is if Swanny don’t sell the liquidators will.

And Peter Dennis Swann keeps all the car parks. And the club goes out of the leagues !!!
    Cynics would think this was a plan all along !

GreenunGreenun
    Participant
    Registered On: January 11, 2014

If the worst happens and the club is wound up couldn’t the council refuse planning permission for the ground and surrounding area thereby reducing its value substantially. Or a compulsory purchase order bui have no idea what grounds are needed to do that.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

If the worst happens and the club is wound up couldn’t the council refuse planning permission for the ground and surrounding area thereby reducing its value substantially. Or a compulsory purchase order bui have no idea what grounds are needed to do that.

What would be the legal basis for doing that? Is there a covenant on that land? I would doubt it, similarly can’t see the legal grounds for compulsory repurchase either – and even then compensation would be due and can’t see the council having that sort of money to spend.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Please explain Sanfran what is Dennis’s intentions to do with the ground and car park bare in mind the land is only worth 900.000 pounds? Unless he just wants to hold on to it like the Rotherham owner did, maybe he’ll just do it for devilment.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I think it’s more likely he’s trying to go for a larger than valuation offer to pay off his gambling debts and some more than some sinister scheme for housing. Why bother trying to sell if that’s his goal?

The offer made by the consortium is indicated to suit Begbies, which means it should be good enough for a sale (if true), but not for someone who might want to gamble for a bit more to help himself out of a situation where he owes millions.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Across the road you can get 10 times more land for 4.5 million and it doesn’t need clearing.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Please explain Sanfran what is Dennis’s intentions to do with the ground and car park bare in mind the land is only worth 900.000 pounds? Unless he just wants to hold on to it like the Rotherham owner did, maybe he’ll just do it for devilment.

On our accounts it states the freehold land buildings are worth £5.2million.

I may be reading that wrong but where does 900k come from?

JoeyWaters4JoeyWaters4
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2023

From a lifelong Mariner, very much hope you can find a way to survive this and the malignancy of Swann. Even in the dark days of Fenty it never felt like we’d be without our club. God knows what it’s like for you guys having that hanging over you.
    Of course I do hope you get relegated this season, but that’s just football and not existential stuff.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The accounts 30th June 2021 page 27 Cliff.

Participant

Well they still look to be correct. So it looks like the transfer of land to Coolsilk was all about cashing in. We also now know the reasons with the revelations from Kieran Maguire.

£3.5million will clear off remaining gambling debts and help in his battle with Blackpool council.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

A few days old but a fair summary from the Lincoln paper…..

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

So, we owe HMRC £190,000

Do we owe the police anything?
    Do we owe the coach company anything?
    Do we owe kit & merchandising supplier anything?
    Do we owe catering suppliers anything?
    Do we owe High Ridge School anything?
    Do we owe App Frod anything?
    Do we owe utilities suppliers anything?
    Do we owe any ‘substantial’ money to any other suppliers / organisations?

admin SST
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

We know you are more of a Stella man SOS but to answer that question think Carlsberg.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

Wait until Alan Hardy takes over he will well and truly demolish our club just like he did with Notts county.
    Sounds like another Swann. Hopefully he wont get the chance. Saying that he would suit Swann to take it over. UTI.

Participant

Not making me many friends on Twitter it seems; Slating the Elliot bid and offering a form of blackmail by saying he won’t invest if it’s a toxic environment.

Barring a couple of fairly subdued protests he’ll find most supporters have put up with more than their fair share of shite whilst Swann does as he pleases.

I have no objections with someone other than the local consortium taking over, but is it really too much to ask for someone who hasn’t left carnage in their wake at other clubs?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

The difference could be that it’s reported that Hardy is heading a consortium rather than acting alone as previously. Might make it more difficult for him to do just as he likes, we’ve had enough of that for sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Is Hardy actually putting a formal bid in or just gobbing off on Twitter? Also, I’m suspicious how it came about, out of the blue.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Let’s hope so anyone will do at the moment.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Has a favour been called in to try and force the hand of the local group? I believe a link exists between old style Notts County and The Iron.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I thought the non payment of wages was to force the deal through, but that seems to have fallen on blind ears.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I thought the non payment of wages was to force the deal through, but that seems to have fallen on blind ears.

I bet the staff are all wearing brown trousers / skirts this next couple of weeks.
    The risk of involuntary defecation must be extremely high.
    Poor sods.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.