Will we see that extra 2,000 again soon?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Will we see that extra 2,000 again soon?

• Author
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Anecdotal, but there were almost a dozen of us there on Friday- most of whom never attend, and half said they wanted to return with their kids.

One thing even Wharton failed to do was capitalise on floating support; we aren’t going to overnight start averaging 8,000 like Lincoln did but there is scope to grow off the field.

Our prices have always been reasonable, however, as a previous poster alluded too, we are likely dropping down to regional football next year so prices will have to reflect that. With some clever marketing, positive momentum and the likelihood of actually winning some games, There is no reason we can’t be close averaging 4K next year.

It will be good to see what the chairman’s vision is, any chance of podcast with him SST?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Not reading any moaning in my previous post X … even my comment on Butterfield was a personal opinion.

Stay up – go down yes it matters but when you look at things in the cold light of day the fact the town still has a football club with what appears to be an enthused owner has to be seen positively, any improvements will take time and any whinging n moaning needs to be toned down and the new set up given time .. blooming heck is only been a few days is the football world really that fickle.

Yes.
    Fickle, egotistical, extreme, masonic, corrupt (Blatter & Plattini… top down corruption), Venal (FIFA gate) etc

The 12 ‘disciples’ all pleaded guilty:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_FIFA_corruption_case

The beautiful game – PAH!
    🤬💥🤬

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Don’t think the 5000 was down to the club promoting it in the sense that no one said come on down, it was more a ground swell of euphoria around the town that built up after the takeover and the black Wednesday event, still the same outcome a poor performance by all accounts, Hilton has at least seen the potential that is there, and I don’t mind admitting it I was shocked at the crowd but well pleased.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Shouldn’t be difficult to be top of the attendance table in the NLN next season: –

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league-north/attendances

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Let me float this one.
    Someone may read it and appreciate it?

How about working with our colleagues at (we’re assuming) other NLN clubs and introducing an ‘away season ticket’?

23 game season, £10 per game.
    (monies go to the host clubs).

I.e. If we play Red Bull United on the first day of the season and we’ve sold 1,000 away season tickets then Red Bull Utd receive £10,000)
    £20 admin fee – kept by the supporters own club.

Total £250 for away season ticket.

Plenty of local games at this level.
    Supporters will probably want to watch as many games as possible.

If we sell a 1,000 away season tickets, the £20,000 (1,000 x £20 admin fee) generated by the admin fee pays for the member of staffs wages for the year.

Imagine taking a 1,000 supporters to every away game!

Just an idea like.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Wouldn’t be to sure on that NI the way Oldham are going they might be with us, Nuttall not going down well at the moment the whole team had no shots on target yesterday, Ps keep off the drink rene.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

How many would we take to Gloucester?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Cheap seats, cheap travel = bigger crowds, better atmosphere. More money for the clubs.

Pie & peas, a pint and a program for a tenner on match days = extra wonga!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

How many would we take to Gloucester?

Double.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.