Will we see that extra 2,000 again soon?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Will we see that extra 2,000 again soon?

• Author
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Based on what was served up tonight I’d say no!!

Poor from the new manager and I feel the new chairman may have missed the point too!

We’ve been playing well of late, we needed a new owner and new players to push that on.
    The majority didn’t ask for or want a new manager!

Thousands responded tonight and were treated to dreadful hoof ball

One step forward four backwards I’m afraid

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice…

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

It was poor from Dean. Massive fail. Gamble that didn’t work. Just hoping 2 weeks with the players gets them to perform to his style of play. Has to really or he’ll have to either resort to plan B or defer to Nelson who clearly did know how to play to their strengths.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Not gonna defer to Nelson is he

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Slow down, deep breath time, not a time to lose our heads over one game, we were down before this new managers first game, give him a break, give him time, his record in management doesn’t reflects tonight’s performance.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66

Just saying what we see I-A. No hyperventilating here. Let’s see how it develops.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The issue is the extra 2,000 fans (not seen at GP for about 4 years) probably won’t be rushing back after that performance.

It was lazy and unprofessional, just slamming the ball up front isn’t good enough!

Dropping the best footballer in the squad to the bench and then ignoring him is almost unforgivable .

Jimmy Dean may well have a good record at low (low) levels in football but he’s at a level he probably wouldn’t normally get a chance at (if we were not such a car crash after Swann) he’s not got the luxury of time!!!! He needs to sort this out asap!

All the great prematch work has been undone tonight by a pathetic performance

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

FFS it’s one game, yes you are all pissed off and so am I but we are down anyway and next season we will be ready to bounce back. Swann fu***d this club up big time and it will take time and patience, you are either in it for the long haul or it’s gonna be one long moan and groan fest for months on end. This shit will take time and patience, we still have a football club, be grateful.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Ye, bit of perspective I-A . Fairly do’s mate.

Participant

I don’t disagree that in time Jimmy could sort this out and we could come again.

My point about tonight is the attendance was superb!!!!
    The performance was Crap!!!

If we slump back to 2,500 – 3,000 on a good day after this will it help the new chairman to build what he wants???

In football you get rare opportunities to jump on and galvanise things…. Tonight was one…. And it was massively missed!! That’s what’s hurting me!
    You have to take your chances and maximise the opportunities… the new regime massively messed that up tonight.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Slow down, deep breath time, not a time to lose our heads over one game, we were down before this new managers first game, give him a break, give him time, his record in management doesn’t reflects tonight’s performance.

I don’t think you can kick & rush your way out (in an upwards direction) of this league.
    Success at Bottesford / Brigg type of level (no disrespect to those clubs).
    Has he got all his tickets? “A” licence?
    We’ll see how he gets on.
    Nobodies out to hang him after just one game.
    Maybe reassess at the end of next season.
    We expect to lose. It’s ingrained.
    Everyone and his dog knows we will be relegated and have done for at least the last 3 or 4 months.
    Building for next year. Building for the future.
    Hopefully.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I don’t disagree that in time Jimmy could sort this out and we could come again.

My point about tonight is the attendance was superb!!!!
    The performance was Crap!!!

If we slump back to 2,500 – 3,000 on a good day after this will it help the new chairman to build what he wants???

In football you get rare opportunities to jump on and galvanise things…. Tonight was one…. And it was massively missed!! That’s what’s hurting me!
    You have to take your chances and maximise the opportunities… the new regime massively messed that up tonight.

Calibre of “players” at the club.
    Psychological zombies at the moment.
    We expect to lose.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

FFS it’s one game, yes you are all pissed off and so am I but we are down anyway and next season we will be ready to bounce back. Swann fu***d this club up big time and it will take time and patience, you are either in it for the long haul or it’s gonna be one long moan and groan fest for months on end. This shit will take time and patience, we still have a football club, be grateful.

Mr Hilton has a football club.
    We ‘rent’ a seat for 90 minutes.
    Same as at Vue Cinemas. But you get a big comfy seat in the warmth there, it’s cheaper, toilets are good, decent refreshments are available, you can view the latest blockbusters / Oscar nominated films… and it’s 120 minutes 😂
    In it for the long moan.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The issue is the extra 2,000 fans (not seen at GP for about 4 years) probably won’t be rushing back after that performance.

It was lazy and unprofessional, just slamming the ball up front isn’t good enough!

Dropping the best footballer in the squad to the bench and then ignoring him is almost unforgivable .

Jimmy Dean may well have a good record at low (low) levels in football but he’s at a level he probably wouldn’t normally get a chance at (if we were not such a car crash after Swann) he’s not got the luxury of time!!!! He needs to sort this out asap!

All the great prematch work has been undone tonight by a pathetic performance

Attendances will dissolve.
    Moneys tight.
    People aren’t mugs.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Just saying what we see I-A. No hyperventilating here. Let’s see how it develops.

Exactly.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

It was poor from Dean. Massive fail. Gamble that didn’t work. Just hoping 2 weeks with the players gets them to perform to his style of play. Has to really or he’ll have to either resort to plan B or defer to Nelson who clearly did know how to play to their strengths.

Could ‘lose’ the dressing room very early on.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

Wrong manager, wrong players been brought in. The chairman should have watched some of the performances before brining in a load of players and expect to win games. I bet Nelson was a frustrated man out there tonight seeing his team being ripped apart by a manager who does not understand this league. Hilton brought him in and will have to stick by him.
    He can throw as much money he wants at the club but if the manager is not up to it then he will fail.
    Welcome to GP Boston united next season. With these players you have nothing to fear as we are just not good enough.
    Just my opinion guys.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

It’s not a good start, but it’s been one sodding game. We are too quick to determine Nelson is the next Adkins and too quick to write Dean off. It may be the wrong decision, but it’s too early to tell just yet, definitively. The same people saying Wilcox was the best after his initial good run in 2013 were then saying he’s useless a year later.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

First congratulations Stella on doubling the previous Bru record for consecutive posts on the same thread.

A quick reminder for everyone else who is in meltdown over our energetic but rough and ready performance last night.

Since November the club has been 99% certain to either:
    1. Cease to exist
    2. Be relegated from the National League

One man and one man only is responsible for that situation.

Because of Hilton’s intervention 1 is off the table.

Dean will need to be a miracle worker to prevent 2 happening. If he did the achievement would be up there with Adkins promotions.

9 days in for the new owner, 5 days in for the new manager and 2 days in for a bunch of players and we are not even as good as a play off team yet.

The manager has only run pub teams apparently, the new centre forward is a donkey etc…..

Get over yourselves. If the extra 2,000 will only stay if there is a miracle then they won’t be there long.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Don’t stop keep moaning you all do on here l wonder why you all bother supporting if it’s that bad
    Give people a chance for once like others have said at least we have a club if we have to start next year lower so be it. We could be champions next year

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

People who pay their money are entitled to express their opinion. If that is ‘moaning’, blame it on what they had to endure. If you don’t think last night justified a few moans then you probably weren’t there.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

An opinion on the game fair enough, not on all the other stuff though. And I wasn’t there.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Has anyone said the new centre forward is a donkey? People are quick to start saying a lot of people are moaning. There’s one poster on here and other threads with repetitive doom and gloom. Most other so called moaners have made critical but informed comments. So get that in to perspective aswell. If you don’t expect some criticism after that performance then watch a different sport.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Shame that the extra supporters didn’t get to see a more entertaining game.

One thing the new owner has to look at though is the facilities of Glanford Park. The ground was 60% full and it felt like everything was at breaking point. Even Bromley at home felt a stretch and it was 40% full.

People were outside unable to buy food/drink an hour before kick off because of the ques.

Got to start maximising our earning potential; there is an abundance of space at Glanford Park.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Last night was always gonna be a tough night; Barnet are up there for a reason, and it showed they are an organised, competent, physical team.

Whilst the result and performance was not ideal we have to be realistic, especially given the last week. Jimmy Dean has only been working with the players for a few days, and the new players have probably had one full training session. This showed last night, the team looked disjointed and Owen Foster looked nervous from the get-go.

I did like the look of Leake, I think he will do a good job for us. However, the rest of the signings looked a little ‘rusty’ for me. That said, McDonagh looks like he could be a threat, and was suprisingly nippy for a player of his size.

Overall, I came away from the ground feeling a little frustrated but optimistic. We are rapidly running out of matches and know staying up is gonna be a challenge. Will we stay up? My heart says yes, but my head says no. Am I disappointed with how things are at Scunthorpe United today? No, only two weeks ago we faced the realistic prospect of Scunthorpe United Football Club Limited being wound up by the end of March. Whereas today my biggest concern is whether we will manage to avoid the drop. I’ll take those concerns with a smile on my face!!!

The next two weeks are critical for both Scunthorpe United and Jimmy Dean. We need to strengthen a little more, and we need to come out all guns blazing when we play Dagenham & Redbridge. Get a result at our next match and I will start to feel a little more confident, however if we don’t win then relegation looks like a near certainty (if it isn’t already)!

Whatever this season brings it has been hugely successful…we have rid ourselves of the Swann dynasty and can start to rebuild.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I get the feeling Hilton will be addressing that in time Cliff. Agree with pretty much all Daz’s post. Apart from ‘guns blazing’. I’d like to see a bit more composure on the ball aswell as the drive.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I hope all Scunthonians fans or not stick by the club… being so close to extinction i sincerely think Mr Hilton (who got rid of swan for us) and his new team BOTH MANAGERIAL AND PLAYERS should be given time, pretty much nailed on to go down this season but the town still has its football club now and for generations to come there was a time not to long ago that was very much in doubt.

I hope as many as possible of the 2000 continue to turn up..time will tell but all it needs ais a few decent performances n results.

As a personal comment .. did not agree with Butterfield being dropped he was missed in midfield and should have been involved and played for the usual 70 mins .. doubt was injured as ne on the bench.. hope hes not one Dean sees as not giving the required 100% effort in training n on match days as his place has been more or less guaranteed since he arrived.

UTI

5 users thanked author for this post.
    XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Dont stop keep moaning it keeps you healthy and I mean it

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Not reading any moaning in my previous post X … even my comment on Butterfield was a personal opinion.

Stay up – go down yes it matters but when you look at things in the cold light of day the fact the town still has a football club with what appears to be an enthused owner has to be seen positively, any improvements will take time and any whinging n moaning needs to be toned down and the new set up given time .. blooming heck is only been a few days is the football world really that fickle.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

So we know it is easy to get 5k through the door, it won’t be consistent but if/when performances improve the potential is there – locals have come out in support and I think moving forward they will come back (albeit periodically). The Chairman will have to consider pricing and other items for NLN because £23 won’t offer value and we may have to go part time to get back to full time. Disappointing start but support exists.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.