Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

We’ll neigh see what he does now.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

He’s been pushing his luck all season.
    Shows how thick he is though, intelligent players get themselves sent off mid December so they get a break at Christmas, this plonker waits till Christmas is over.
    We’ll be fine without him.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

It did look like their player head butted him and he retaliated but needs to keep his cool, and it should have been a penalty.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

make yer own mind up ..all looks a bit daft to me .. 3 game ban incoming will give Elliot a run of starts.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

make yer own mind up ..all looks a bit daft to me .. 3 game ban incoming will give Elliot a run of starts.

From where I was, it looked to be a penalty to us. I thought that their player was the instigator.

From that little clip. It’s inclusive due to the camera angle. It looks as if it was a joint effort to get in to each others faces?
    Probably both not the brightest?

Participant

Having watched the footage, the pair of them should be embarrassed, not even a clash of heads and the pair of them go down like they’ve been shot, roll about holding their heads as if in agony.
    We see him do it almost every game.
    It’s one of the most embarrassing traits in the game now and by Dean saying he thinks there’s a case to appeal against the red card shows that he’s condoning cheating to get an opposition player sent off.
    Both clubs should stop their respective players wages for the time they’re suspended.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Synchronised swimming

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

We’ll neigh see what he does now.

Got an invite to the Ploughman for NYE – he gets the drinks in

fans6464

I’d kick him out of the club for that ,disgusting cheating. I really hate it in our own players so much

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Get a grip 64 that’s his game, you don’t have to like it but kick him out give over. After all he does entertain which is something.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

He might entertain, but he should look to contribute a little more.

His behaviour does become tedious.

fans6464

your sort do like a good cheat

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

We used to moan at Joe Garner and Ivan Toney for needlessly falling down, it just becomes irritating after a while, especially when it actually would be of advantage for them to stay up.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Plenty of Scunny fans do have a tendency not to like our top goalscorers down the years, obviously with a few exceptions.
    Like Barriethomas posted, his friend was heard to mutter Hopper is useless “what’s he do other than score goals” lol.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

For years people moaned that skilful players were being kicked out of games by over robust tackles that were largely ignored by the officials of the day. Then the rules became stricter when it came to what was allowed for tackling and the Norman Hunters, Ron Harris and Tommy Smiths of the game largely became less significant and skilful players were allowed to flourish more. There were always exceptions back then, George Best, Tony Currie, Frank Worthington etc were great skilful players to watch despite the Iron Men defenders attentions. Now we have a game peppered with cheats, divers and in Whitehall’s case complete fannies when it comes to playing the game. I find him embarrassing to watch most of the time but he scores goals and the younger fans love him because they have known no other way the game is played. Football ,like life, moves on but not always for the better in terms of a spectacle to watch or the betterment of the game in general.

Participant

Question.
    Is any true Scunthorpe United supporter prepared to publicly state they support the blatant pathetic cheating by Whitehall?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I preferred the game when it was played by men who wanted to prove that they were big, strong, fit, fast individuals whom wanted to out fight / strength / will / speed their opponent and stay stood upright on their feet whenever possible to impose themselves on their opponent.

There was a penalty awarded at one of the games on MoD this morning – I think a bead of sweat from the defender landed on the forwards boot stitching and he went down as if he’d being hit by a howitzer.

It’s pathetic.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Question.
    Is any true Scunthorpe United supporter prepared to publicly state they support the blatant pathetic cheating by Whitehall?

He needs to stand up, be counted and play the game like a real man!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I am, well while he gets away with it, not happy yesterday seemed to happen in slowmo people shouted to leave it while on the floor but you knew he’d do something, being on the wrong end of cheats against us for years not going to moan now we’ve got one, would anyone have moaned if he’d cheated to beat Buxton, nah. Embrace it.

SD0101SD0101
    Participant
    Registered On: March 31, 2022
    Topics: 5

Well I like him,doesn’t give centre half’s an easy time,always winding them up,we all like the free kick goals from outside the box and I guess he has gained a lot of the fouls against him for us to profit from them. Elliot gets his chance,but a completely different player,not as aggressive and over trying to prove himself,Whitehall aggression will be missed in the next few games,.yet to see another non league north striker who leads the line better than him.Obviously others must have some one else in mind

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

The meaning of ” leading the line” is another facet of the game that’s changed over the years. Tony Hateley, Jeff Astle and even Steve Torpey led the line by winning 90% of headers they went up for with most centre backs, held the ball up by being physically stronger than most centre backs and being very aggressive physically against most centre backs they came up against. When they got fouled and went down, 90% of the time they had been genuinely fouled. Mr Whitehall doesn’t win many headers by comparison against most centre backs he plays against, usually wins the odd header late on when the semi professional sides are tiring, rarely holds the ball up and falls down seeking many fouls when he has barely or not even touched. He would not last 10 minutes as a frontman 15 years ago indeed I don’t think he is a genuine leader of the line, the guy up front for Southport is and the guy up front for Solihull is, Whitehall is nothing like them IMO but he’s a good shouter at refs and likes taking pens to make his scoring record look impressive. Freddie Mercury was a better frontman than Danny O Fanny but it’s only my opinion.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

In an FA Cup game away at Pompey in 2004 – we lost 2-1.
    Torps in for us – Sheringham in for them.
    Torps was awesome that day – won just about every header and knocked it towards an Iron player.
    Sheringham won every challenge he faced – every header straight to the FEET of a team mate.
    Some great footie.
    Sigh.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

In an FA Cup game away at Pompey in 2004 – we lost 2-1.
    Torps in for us – Sheringham in for them.
    Torps was awesome that day – won just about every header and knocked it towards an Iron player.
    Sheringham won every challenge he faced – every header straight to the FEET of a team mate.
    Some great footie.
    Sigh.

We deserved more out of that game Les.

Best away support I’ve ever seen that day. We were awesome.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

The man is a clown, it gets nvery boring seeing him dive to the ground countless times each match.

I Jjust hope that his replacement takes their chance and keep him out of the line up, he does score a few goals, but should be approaching the 30 mark with the chances he misses, he was caught out this time, but Jimmy please tell him to grow up and just play football.
    His sending off gives fans the chance to enjoy the three games without the clown.

Grange Lane IronGrange Lane Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 3

Are some people seriously ignoring the fact that their player was also cheating? Both deserved to go for trying to get the other sent off IMO.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Well it gives someone the opportunity to claim the position. As we enter the 2nd half of the season stability in forward selection must happen, players need to build the links.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Can we recall Bennett and/or Carver?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Things can’t be that bad surely!! Rather have Butler than Carver.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

I’m with awaywego on this one. He’s a shithouse, but he’s our shithouse.
    That incident on Saturday was pathetic and both players should be embarrassed, but it was a yellow card each and in my opinion the ref overreacted.
    We’ve got to get out of this horrible league first.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I would sooner have him in the team than out, he keeps the opposition defenders quiet and winds the fans up like he did last season when he played against us, I wish people would stop moaning about our players and manager, we are top of the league and after the last few seasons when we had reason to moan we should get behind them, Saturday was a tricky pitch and a player appeared to try to stamp on him, though he shouldn’t have done what he did

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.