When will be relegated?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace When will be relegated?

• Author
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

The only way I see an increase in average attendance in the National League is if one or more happens:

1. The club assemble a squad capable of playing attractive football in the upper echelons

2. The club dramatically improve relations with supporters and other key stakeholders

3. The club dramatically improve the matchday experience

4 The club offer tangible and attractive incentives to get lapsed supporters back.

At present, I have no confidence in any of those materialising.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Nice post Iron-awe, yes mate I plan to attend the last game mate, and I still have a Telegraph cutting photo with about 30 kids including myself on it, it was taken whilst in a long line on Henderson Ave. getting tickets for the first Scunny Football League match, I was eleven years old and had my Jack Cheesman basin hair cut, I wonder how many remember Jack and Jeff Cheesman??. I wonder how many more are still living on that photo ?, and how many of us ended up never paying income tax ha ha!!, and how many still attend watching this seasons shite?? I would be there tonight even, but you have to think to yourself, “what the hell am I doing here to watch this boring rubbish”, so the final home game it will have to be, and another £10 ifollower fee just paid for tonights game. I wonder if the Chairman will be there??????, I cannot see why he stole the ground, because he does not use it, could it be for investment reasons????, no doubt Awaywego and UTI-69 can inlighten us on that question.

Hope you enjoy it guys, and lets hope for a win, after saying that I will settle for a Scunny goal scored by a forward and should not be so greedy. The champion Predictor says 1-3, hope I am wrong.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Used to go to Cheesemans myself when Jeff was alive, nice bloke. Dont need to visit barbers anymore BS most of my hair has dropped out nowadays.

RoamingBullRoamingBull
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 4

Sooner the better as we know it’s been due this last few seasons.

Call the Vets

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

LOL been reported for one of my most innocuous posts ever on this thread, the mind boggles!

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Used to go to Cheesemans myself when Jeff was alive, nice bloke. Dont need to visit barbers anymore BS most of my hair has dropped out nowadays.

Iron-awe, I used to try and get Jeff to cut mine, but usually fell unlucky and got Jack, you say that you have lost all your hair pal, is it nunural, or have you pulled it out watching Scunny these past three seasons, I still have a full head of hair Iron-awe, it certainly helped not having any tax problems.

I noted on ifollower that there was just the one supporter still attending anywhere near my Cluggy seat, he was in his usual H32 seat directly in front of my old seat, but I noted that he was leaving after 71 minutes, at least I used to stay till the 80 the min, but Tom Newey certainly gave the game the thumbs up, while I thought that it was a big kick up field by both teams, and if AScunny had played till midnight, I doubt if they would have scored, and at the same time, neither keeper had anything much to do, and the pathetic ref did not help.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Cheeseman’s on Ravendale St?

Didn’t they take it over from Drinkwater’s or was it vice-versa?

Anyway, I used to go there, but never got a pudding basin cut!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Cheesemen’s on Ashby high street I went to NI, his number 2 then was a bloke from Grimsby who was a codhead. He used to get some stick but only after he’d finishing cutting your hair, you don’t take chances like that with a demon barber 😂😂😂

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BeefykeefyBeefykeefy
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 2

The iron should be a big club in the NFL and will be if Keith stays. You only have to hear the passion in his interviews,I think he sees SUFC as a project a work in process. Do you want to watch exciting possibly playoff footie, and goals or another season of bottom league 2 stuff under Keith, because if he doesn’t get the backing from Swann his passion deserves he’ll be gone, and at the moment he’s more passionate than Swann. I think Tom Newey hit the nail on the head on Saturday, “we need to rebuild from below” Dropping down a league IMO has to be better than the alternative, maybe we could even dream,and as a none league club, worth less and ripe for a takeover

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 50

All well and good.
    Except…

1. If the owner ain’t interested the money will be peanuts. And he does NOT appear to be interested.
    2. If the budget is peanuts we won’t be a “big club” in NL. We’ll be scratting around for players no-one else wants. A bit like now, and this present team would flounder in NL.
    3. York City probably consoled themselves with your type of thinking when they went down. Remind us where they are?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

The iron should be a big club in the NFL and will be if Keith stays. You only have to hear the passion in his interviews,I think he sees SUFC as a project a work in process.

I admire your enthusiasm, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I think Tom Newey hit the nail on the head on Saturday, “we need to rebuild from below”

Easy for Newey to say, presumably he still gets paid to turn up whichever league we’re in, whereas ordinary fans have to pay to watch this excitement. We don’t want to go down, even if we all know it’s definitely going to happen, but it doesn’t mean we have to be happy about it.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

Maybe just maybe if we’re lucky we could avoid relegation if a third world war breaks out, and maybe Swann could build his new ground if we get nuked.

Hmmmm… be careful what you wish for.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Believe, the scunnys staying up.

FeO2FeO2
    Participant
    Registered On: October 30, 2021
    Topics: 4

think Tom Newey hit the nail on the head on Saturday, “we need to rebuild from below”

Ideally, we need rebuilding from ABOVE Beefy. Only my opinion of course…

5 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Nimmos barbers was always very good used to do a nice razored in parting.

Participant

We need 2.25 points per game. Even I’ve got to admit it’s not going to happen…☹️

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I predict we’ll be relegated during Lent!

Participant

Will bpg be ‘giving up’ points?

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Think the first nails where hammered in last night! just can’t see us winning 3 more games this season let alone 3 more then the other teams around us.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

30 points will represent an achievement from this position.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Think the first nails where hammered in last night! just can’t see us winning 3 more games this season let alone 3 more then the other teams around us.

Think the coffin is more metal than wood now it’s had that many final nails hammered in.

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 50

Will bpg be ‘giving up’ points?

Fekkin team already has.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Think the coffin is more metal than wood now it’s had that many final nails hammered in.

Yes no great escape here .. i could see us playing the rest of the season without a win with this mismatch and melting pot of youth “experience” and guys no one else wanted…

OH WE AE SINGING PLEASE GIVE US A GOAL .. a song from the Old Show Ground days very apt for the 2022 debacle

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Whilst we are not mathematically relegated yet, the fat lady has been singing for quite some time and realistically the rest of the teams in the relegation battle are already considering us as relegated.

When you look at the average points per game over the last 5 matches, and the 9 point gap to safety (10 if you include goal difference), there is no way on earth that this club is staying up! I feel we’ll struggle to get beyond 32 points for the season!

apbeapb
    Participant
    Topics: 0

The trap door will open with 4 or 5 games to go I reckon when we’ll be a dozen points adrift or something like that – so ETA is over Easter at Orient away or home to Stevenage.

A nice little Easter gift for us all from out glorious leader.

There’ll be no resurrection at GP, but perhaps we can consider a crucifixion?

Anyway, at least we’ll be spared any last day agony and our recruitment dream team will have plenty of time before the season ends to start making God only knows what sort of plans for next season.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wonder if our glorious leader might attend one of the Easter fixtures, possibly riding on a donkey 🤔

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

I think there are enough donkeys at the Sinking Sands already.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Hope it’s Orient away when we get relegated that’s my next match.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I think there are enough donkeys at the Sinking Sands already.

Nail him up
    Nail him up

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 13

Statistical points probability outcomes saw the Iron theoretically relegated on Tuesday 1st March 2022.

Mathematical relegation will be achieved after game 42 on Friday 15th April.

Relegated with 4 fixtures remaining.

18th April – Scunthorpe v Stevenage
    23rd April – Bradford v Scunthorpe
    30th April – Scunthorpe v Hartlepool
    7th May – Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe

Dead rubbers!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.