When will be relegated?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace When will be relegated?

• Author
    Iron64iron64
    Participant
    Registered On: December 26, 2013
    Topics: 3

Given our results against poor teams I can see us going down after defeat to Harrogate.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

I think we are already down, can’t see us getting the points to catch the current team above us at the present time.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 13

Tues 1st or Saturday 5th March.

hennyoldironOldiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 19, 2017

Great song though but words very apt.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Judith Durham what a beautiful voice

1 user thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

“When will we be relegated”, that is simple, relegation was started when Cox was made manager, it was fully confirmed when he was kept on again at the start of this season by Swann to make sure of non-league football for SUFC, there is no possible way of avoiding it this season, and administration will possibly follow.

I am wondering who is footing the bill at present, because the club must be losing money every week, there are possiblybetween 1,900 and 2,100 home fans that still attend, and this will probably get worse, how can the club survive??????, looking at the area of the Cluggy Stand where my season ticket seat was, the whole area is empty, you do not want me to tell you once again, but the past three years of what has been served up, has driven most of us away, there is only so much supporters can take except possibly Awaywego and UTI-69, then being management relations they have to attend really.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It’s over.

We really deserved to lose. The way it all opened up down our middle, allowing forwards 30 yards to run into in front of our box was horrific. That happened three times in about two and a half minutes. Players not good enough to play a diamond?
    Being so very reliant on Hackney was most unfortunate. He flattered to deceive and was poor, however – more was asked of the lad than he could give.
    But I think that the Rochdale first goal was pivotal – not just to the match – but to our entire season.
    With that goal we sagged and unbelief ran wildly through the entire team.

I repeat. It’s over.

I thought the defenders did pretty well but, once again, a weak midfield sold them short and put them under immense pressure. Once again the ball did not ‘stick’ up top.

Not a hint of a forward line and zero pace. Those who denied the team a genuine spine have much to answer for.

For next season, keep the young uns, Rory – Manny, (Delaney if possible) and an almost total rebuild. Again!
    Sigh.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Agree Les – at least 3/4 times second half the hole/gap in midfield was astonishing – it was absolutely inevitable. Rowe again is nowhere near good enough as a footballer – part time or otherwise – to play him in that pivotal role is near suicidal add to that he cannot run at any pace whatsoever; but its not just him the whole club is just rotten from top to bottom no manager can save us.

I fear for our existence because this team, this club isn’t stopping the slide in NL it will go further. Those who say I don’t care where we are I’ll support the club whatever league miss the point completely. This chairman (who didn’t turn up again) is destroying a club and a community.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 13

Latest Odds (Sun 20th Feb):

To be relegated: 1/25 ON
    To finish bottom: 1/5 ON

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

I got better than that at the start of the season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘For next season, keep the young uns, Rory’
    Can’t see him staying when he gets an offer to stay in the league on better wages at a club with a better atmosphere and prospects. And who would blame him?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BobbyGmeisterBobbyGmeister
    Participant
    Registered On: January 12, 2014
    Topics: 47

We won’t?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Never missed an home game in 40yrs BS and am not going start now.😂

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

The ground work for this relegation started pre-season. Since then Swann has just been shuffling the deckchairs around on the Titanic to appease the revolting fans!

5 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Now that’s going a bit far Dez,I’ve only claimed our fans are the worse not revolting. But glad someone else see’s it as well.

Participant

Never missed an home game in 40yrs BS and am not going start now.😂

In that case pal, I would keep a sharp eye out during the present period of time, because the green van may pull up in the car park and take you away to the nut house in Lincoln, so please keep it quiet n order to protect yourself!!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Do they wear white coats BS, I think there outside now.

Participant

It was well known that they had green clothing and a green van mate, but if you think that they are on to you, it is possible that you contacted them to hand yourself in !!!!!

I have not attended myself, but have paid the £10 ifollower fee to all games shown, and that included the 46 matches last season when attending was void, so last season cost me £460 instead of my season ticket at £220. I cannot recall how many years that I have attended Scunny, but possiblky Iron-awe will have knowledge of my record ha ha!, he usually adds his nasty little comment on that.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

Now that’s going a bit far Dez,I’ve only claimed our fans are the worse not revolting. But glad someone else see’s it as well.

It’s the home fans I have a problem with, all they have ever done is moan ever since i started to go to Glanford Park.

Away fans are different, they usually get behind the team whatever is happening.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

BS re your attendance record. Don’t forget to knock off all those tax dodging years when you were abroad supposed to be working, that should knock the attendance record down a bit. As for me, 58 years attending Scunny games man and boy, plus I paid tax all the way through my working life plus I’m still paying it now on my pensions. Some of us class as proper patriotic Brits eh BS. 😂👍

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I think we will struggle to keep any half decent players we have, and that’s not many at all. I think Rory Watson will leave, he deserves much better. The fans also deserve much better, the matchday experience is the worst it has ever been in all of the 72 years we have been supporters. The football if you can call it that is the worst we have seen, and the facilities in the stadium are disgusting. No printed matchday programme, no working scoreboard, disgusting toilet facilities, and rubbish stewarding.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

And what can get worse NLI, this is far worse than most of the 70s and 80s

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

BS re your attendance record. Don’t forget to knock off all those tax dodging years when you were abroad supposed to be working, that should knock the attendance record down a bit. As for me, 58 years attending Scunny games man and boy, plus I paid tax all the way through my working life plus I’m still paying it now on my pensions. Some of us class as proper patriotic Brits eh BS. 😂👍

I had a bit of a laugh a couple of days ago Iron-awe, I was giving my study a well deserved clear out of unwanted papers and clutter that is generated over the years, I thought of you pal when I found and shredded piles of old documents, one document was a KBR tax letter dated 2003 when working for KBR an American Construction Company, I had been with them for five years and never paid tax before, although I had been non-resident of the UK for over 30 years, and always spent less than 90 permitted days in the UK, KBR had stopped me £29,400 Tax for the year, when I asked them what was going on, they informed me that they had a new Finance Manager and it was called Hypothetical Tax so the 400 London Office staff of KBR did not have any gripe, best thing was that this money was kept by KBR and nothing was paid to the IR, I resigned and started in West Papur Indonesia the following month, the bent new manager chased me for a yerar trying to get back my air fare from Egypt to UK, so I did pay tax that year pal.

If you pay tax on your pension, you obviously get far to much pension, so you were paying tax all those years, and also monthly pension contributions, whilst I was having a goodtime, I only get State Pension because I paid NI contributions. Take care and just accept that your taxpayments are being sent as part of our £15 billion world aid fund, it is therfore helping your people out really ha ha!

GreylagGreylag
    Participant

The definitive answer to the question posed by the title of this threrad is – the end of the current season. Until then the Iron are still in League 2.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Maybe just maybe if we’re lucky we could avoid relegation if a third world war breaks out, and maybe Swann could build his new ground if we get nuked.

Participant

Yes Awaywego, same as you say my friend, but with us old codgers not having much longer to live, a 3rd World War would not effect us so much, even if there is a war, I do not think that Russia would bomb Scunthorpe, because Swann hints or insists that Scunny is the only place that have a virus called Covid, that is why the club is bottom of the league and turning out such weekly shite. Do you think that there is any need for a new ground, with just 2,000 remaing fans, I can remember when some league fixtures on a Friday night at the OSG had 15,000 to 17,000 gates, they were the good days, so as you are looking forward to the National League or National League North, I wish you all the very best pal, as you say I will be in a cemetary, you will be at GP, so there is not a lot of difference is there!!!!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I am quite confident that the average home game crowd will go up next season unless we managed to stay in div2.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Will you attend the last home league game this season BS just to watch the Iron bid farewell to 72 years of football league membership? There are probably a handful of supporters perhaps still attending games today who remember the Iron playing in non league but not many as logistically most will now be dead. Quite sad really that the huge majority of fans will have only ever known league football for our local side and will see it all end in May. Thought you might rock up just one last time, end of an era and all that stuff. Not the end of the world but still a very sad time considering all the reasons why it’s happening.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I am quite confident that the average home game crowd will go up next season unless we managed to stay in div2.

What’s your confidence based on?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

What’s your confidence based on?

Confidence based on Ernest Prawn telling him, just as he was about to get on a private jet bound for South America with a suitcase full of cash stuffed under his arm.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.