What is the Truth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace What is the Truth

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Matt will know if it’s happening or not. He hinted on twitter it’s off by his statement.

First it was cans on a Monday ?. Now it’s changed to cans back to tesco so it’s collapsed going by that.

Not 100% though because with Matt and his cryptic clues you can never be too sure.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Evidently the Wrexham game in doubt if the wages don’t reach staff bank accounts.

A ‘strike’ ? 😳

Unlikely, we’re short of strikers, have been for a few seasons

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Matt will know if it’s happening or not. He hinted on twitter it’s off by his statement.

First it was cans on a Monday ?. Now it’s changed to cans back to tesco so it’s collapsed going by that.

Not 100% though because with Matt and his cryptic clues you can never be too sure.

I think you’re reading too much into that. It could just mean that it wasn’t going ahead today, so put the celebrations on hold for today. We don’t know how much SST knows, and we have nothing much to go on either way, so all we can do is wait and see.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s off, but I am not going to base opinions off scant evidence.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Maybe he found out the cans were well past their sell by date? Bit like Swann’s tenure and a possible sale.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

The sticking point for the deal is likely to be the ground.

Any prospective owner is likely to want to have the ‘club’ and the ground, the trouble is though, Coolsilk Property & Investment Limited took out a loan with Property Funding 2 Limited, and used Glanford Park as security for their company loan. If Swann includes the ground in the sale of Scunthorpe United FC Coolsilk will need to pay off the loan first.

I am starting to fear the very worst for Scunthorpe United right now. Given the fact that the club is losing money week on week, I doubt there are few who have the spare cash to purchase the club AND invest. Without the ground the club has a few salable assets in the way of players, a large number of staff that need to be paid each month, and income streams that do not meet expenditure. I fear we are soon to be facing insolvency, administration, and likely liquidation.

The only winner in this scenario is the same man who is in control of the sale!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

The staff were paid late today. I highly doubt they’ll get paid next month if Swann is still the chairman. Let’s face it, we’re in deep shit.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SODIronSODIron
    Participant

I heard that too; Gotta feel for the staff. If I worked at Scunthorpe United right now I would be updating my CV and looking for a new job asap.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

So the deal that was never on in the first place is off. Swann does not intend to sell – he just needed the next excuse.

Can you explain what evidence you have to tell us that the deal is off? (That is, the deal that you say was never on in the first place!!).

PS how do you know that there was no deal on the first place?

I want Swan gone as much as the next man, but all this BS is getting somewhat monotonous.

I was merely commenting on the on/off rumours and the fact Swann always appears to have an excuse for things go belly up. I have no evidence of anything –
    like all others. I assumed, incorrectly, that this was quite clear in the wording; all very tongue in cheek. If its getting monotonous, don’t read the comments/twitter/social media.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Not paying wages on time and then not at all is usually the death knell for football clubs, the most recent examples being Macclesfield and Bury. Well we know what happened to them and we know where they are operating now football wise, so strap in people it’s gonna be a long painful haul and it’s coming to your favourite football club any day soon.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Still job vacancies being advertised on the OWS.

Baffling!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Still job vacancies being advertised on the OWS.

Baffling!

Subterfuge ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Where is the issue they got paid on the day they were supposed too. Shock and awe!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Really? A fair number on social media claiming staff were paid late. Mike White tweeted about looking in to it. Either they were paid late or they weren’t. If the former, it doesn’t bode well under the circumstances. Unless it was a mere administrative error? Pretty rare nowadays though for an organisation this size, wouldn’t you say? Unless there are cash flow issues? Not so much shock and awe, more questions than answers.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

The issue is that this (if true) could well be indicative of a much larger cashflow issue and may well be the beginning of the end for Scunthorpe United. History has shown countless examples of football clubs that soon spiral into oblivion when they struggle to pay staff and player wages.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Wages had gone in and cleared by lunchtime, but staff on social suggesting they are usually in bank accounts at midnight.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Wow paid on the correct day then just a little bit later than normal shock and awe is about right. Bare in mind the money is paid into different banks beforehand and is not directly paid at midnight by Scunthorpe United. We do really have a lot of sad numptys on here like someone else said on here give your head a wobble.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It doesn’t take away the concern by many under the circumstances, and there are far more questioning it on Twitter and Facebook than on Bru, so it’s pretty pointless misdirecting and restricting your ire to this forum. It’s detrimental to he bandying ‘sad numpty’s’ around at this point in the club’s plight, when it might be more helpful and welcome to show a bit of understanding and unity.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I am referring to you numptys on here don’t have Facebook or Twitter accounts. Concern my arse posters creaming their pants hoping it was true.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Are you ill?

Dubai fanDubai fan
    Participant
    Registered On: January 21, 2022
    Topics: 0

This forum really is a home for scaremongers. How many actually get their money in the bank accounts every month on the same date?
    Instead of whinging why don’t the stay away supporters do the team a favour and get off their backside and go and support them on match days. Whinging about Swann is not going to save the club, the only thing that will the club (if it really is in dire straits) is by turning up putting some money into the club.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I am referring to you numptys on here don’t have Facebook or Twitter accounts. Concern my arse posters creaming their pants hoping it was true.

Lol, yeah, whatever, right as always 🤣

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Ps Deerey, show unity to?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

To each other? To observers, others? You’re a former shop steward, surely you understand the importance of it, in the face of adversity as opposed to discord and division? I’m not saying it’s easy and of course supporters have different views about the club’s situation, but it’s not going to help criticising fellow fans about being understandably frustrated, moaning, and jumping to conclusions when there’s little info coming out of the club.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

I really cannot understand why anyone takes any notice of anything Mr Swann says or hints at that is going to happen.
    I think the latest was just to try and get fans back as the Club desperate for cash.
    I really doubt that the Club I have supported for over 60 years will be in existence next year!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Wow paid on the correct day then just a little bit later than normal shock and awe is about right. Bare in mind the money is paid into different banks beforehand and is not directly paid at midnight by Scunthorpe United. We do really have a lot of sad numptys on here like someone else said on here give your head a wobble.

Do you understand how payroll works??? Wages are sent to the banks days before it is due to paid to the employees so if the correct process is followed wages would show in the bank at midnight on the correct date.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

This forum really is a home for scaremongers. How many actually get their money in the bank accounts every month on the same date?
    Instead of whinging why don’t the stay away supporters do the team a favour and get off their backside and go and support them on match days. Whinging about Swann is not going to save the club, the only thing that will the club (if it really is in dire straits) is by turning up putting some money into the club.

Our payroll is a different date most months, BUT everyone knows what date each month they will receive their pay and it is ALWAYS in at midnight on that date. I don’t believe anybody has disputed the date can be different from month to month.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

That’s what i tried to highlight Pat in my post, probably a single bank issue rather than a Scunthorpe United issue.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Probably?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I will go further than probably it takes 3 days to go through the Bac’s system to receive your wages.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

To say that Swann made up the potential sale to get more fans at matches as we need the money is beyond ridiculous.

The amount of money needed to keep the Club afloat would require at least an additional 3,000 fans every month based on what we are reputed to be losing and require. It is never going to happen.

As I’ve stated before, Swann is a disaster fornus and needs to sell up asap. However, the repeated requests for him to make a statement are only slightly less boring than all those people who call him a liar when he does.

We don’t know if he is finalising a sale or not, and none of us know what price he is asking for. Sadly, we just have to wait and see.

I would like posters to think before they post as the site has become noticeably less busy as fabrication of all things SUFC has increased. As I was told many years ago, if you have nothing sensible to say don’t say anyyhing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.