What is the Truth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace What is the Truth

• Author
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Think the takeover will be completed just after Swanns New Ground opens !

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The £250.000 rumoured to be needed was supposedly to pay wages, hardly a credible rumour the days of us paying wages of £250.000 a month are long gone.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

Swann appears to have a reverse midas touch, everything he touches turns to sh*t!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

The £250.000 rumoured to be needed was supposedly to pay wages, hardly a credible rumour the days of us paying wages of £250.000 a month are long gone.

Usually when football clubs become insolvent HMRC is the main creditor. Much of the 250k is probably owed to them.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Agree entirely MK, that’s why the rumour isn’t credible, the tax man also gives you plenty of time to pay,Worcester rugby club accrued a tax bill of £6 million built up over a few years.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

We don’t actually have that much debt do we? Previously it was all owed to Coolsilk who took the ground to cancel that out.

From what I hear the money we need to find is for immediate cash flow. Not sure where the 250k figure has come from

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

Anyone know what’s happening with his hotel in Blackpool? Not a great time to be opening a “high class” venue, especially in Blackpool. Just hope he’s better at running hotels than he is at running football clubs.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

Anyone know what’s happening with his hotel in Blackpool? Not a great time to be opening a “high class” venue, especially in Blackpool. Just hope he’s better at running hotels than he is at running football clubs.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

From what I’ve read on line the 250k we need to find is not only for player wages but is also for staff wages. I read that if we don’t stump up the money, non of the staff are paid.

It came across as ALL STAFF, including players.

Whatever is happening behind the scenes, I hope a deal is done soon.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

what an absolute shambles .. now staff cannot be paid and if this latest takeover rumour turns out to be fake news as previous it wouldnt surprise me .. in fact i will show my arse in Woollies winda if it goes through in the next 2 weeks … ( will actually be a Lotus winda here as no Woollies 5555 )

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013

We don’t actually have that much debt do we? Previously it was all owed to Coolsilk who took the ground to cancel that out.

From what I hear the money we need to find is for immediate cash flow. Not sure where the 250k figure has come from

Rumour is we owe the kit manufacturers thousands? This could maybe incluedyif true? .

UTI

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Understand they are very low on stock of shirts and struggling to get any more into the building. No idea if the above is true, but would certainly explain why there are no kits available to order online!

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Understand they are very low on stock of shirts and struggling to get any more into the building. No idea if the above is true, but would certainly explain why there are no kits available to order online!

Macron have had supply problems with a few of their contracts. They do a lot of Non league contracts and they do Ref kits now so they’re stretched

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

what an absolute shambles .. now staff cannot be paid

I’m not claiming that definitely is the case but read that the rumoured 250k is needed to pay all staff, now whether that is true is another thing all together but what Swann said the other day kind of backs that up.

Swann says he hopes to conclude a deal soon as “the club needs investment”.

Is the supposed 250k needed the investment Swann said the club needs ?

The club has needed investment for quite some time so why come out and say it now ?

Then you have this about money being owed to the kit supplier. No wonder Swannster will want a deal done ASAP.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Evidently the Wrexham game in doubt if the wages don’t reach staff bank accounts.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

From the OWS:-

“Scunthorpe United’s Academy is advertising for the full-time position of Player Care Officer
    We’re also looking to employ a Foundation Phase Co-ordinator”

Would suggest that paying staff is not a major issue wouldn’t it?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

That’s only words on a website cass, maybe just keeping on painting a picture even though the paint is nearly all gone. When or if the end comes it won’t be advertised on the club’s website days or weeks in advance will it. 🙁

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

So the deal that was never on in the first place is off. Swann does not intend to sell – he just needed the next excuse.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Topics: 6

So the deal that was never on in the first place is off. Swann does not intend to sell – he just needed the next excuse.

Can you explain what evidence you have to tell us that the deal is off? (That is, the deal that you say was never on in the first place!!).

PS how do you know that there was no deal on the first place?

I want Swan gone as much as the next man, but all this BS is getting somewhat monotonous.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

With no real updates coming from the club, or Swann, or the board, or the “fans director”, or local news, it is to be expected that supporters will speculate as to progress or lack thereof, and there will be likely any number of “my mates, best mate window cleaner knows <insert name here>, and he says <insert random update here>.”

From a personal perspective, I hope I am wrong but I have seen, read, or heard nothing that makes me believe there is a deal to be sealed anytime soon. To add to that, it appears abundantly clear to me that the club is operating at a loss right now, and cannot continue to accrue debt indefinitely. At some point something will have to give; either the current owners will have to invest more of their cash, the club is sold to new owners and they invest, or the club is liquidated.

Whatever the outcome, one thing we can all agree on; Peter Swann’s reign has been an unmitigated disaster!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

What no administration?

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

sure, administration is a realistic scenario for the club.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

I understand players and staff have not been paid this morning. That is not to say they will not be paid by the end of the day.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant

Regardless of whether a ‘deal is close’, players and staff not being paid is a worrying turn of events. This is not something you see in a well managed business.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Hard to tell fact from fiction on Twitter today. Rumours everywhere.

If cash flow is as bad as reported then I’m leaning towards Swann’s hand will be forced to either accept the bids; that or place the club in admin. Either way, the status quo appears to be untenable.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Hard to tell fact from fiction on Twitter today. Rumours everywhere.

If cash flow is as bad as reported then I’m leaning towards Swann’s hand will be forced to either accept the bids; that or place the club in admin. Either way, the status quo appears to be untenable.

Well they did have a number one in 1974 with ” Down Down “, been a long time coming but they might have been predicting the future for Scunthorpe United FC.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    waltersleftfootwaltersleftfoot
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 6

As I have said before swann has never wanted to sell,and the main people in all of this the supporters,are like mushrooms always in the dark,Turnbull and the rest are the club puppets

Square Ball BullimoreSquare Ball Bullimore
    Participant
    Topics: 5

Maybe the quiet is due to the deal being finalised.

Eyes closed and fingers crossed.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

Any deal should include the stadium, we all know what sort of problems can arise if a stadium is separated from a club.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Evidently the Wrexham game in doubt if the wages don’t reach staff bank accounts.

A ‘strike’ ? 😳

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.