What is the Truth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace What is the Truth

• Author
    SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Talks at an advanced stage, hoping to be completed by the weekend!

UTI

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Say what now, evidence?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Is that ground sharing with Gainsborough or someone in principle agreeing to buying the club.

Participant

2 separate parties, Matt Ellis on Twitter has put on, seems true about the rumours of needing £250k by end of month which is why they are trying to get it done swiftly.

UTI

Participant

One is believed to be a businessman from London (owner of a Dutch company) and the other is supposed to be a local group.

UTI

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

Is this peter again saying there is supposed to be two parties.Then pretending to play them of against each other

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

Hopefully it’s the owner of Heineken!

Participant

Under 18’s played a Dutch under 18’s team today so could be something in that regarding the London businessman.

UTI

ironvillageironvillage
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 0

Hopefully it’s the owner of Heineken!
    Should be carlsberg!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

“The truth is still
    the truth, even if no one
    believes it.
    A lie is
    still a lie, even if everyone
    believes it.”

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Probably Shell then. Or Royal Dutch Shell as they were called until earlier this year.

Need to spend a bit of their £8bn profits from the last quarter before Rishi hits them with a windfall tax.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

For what it’s worth, Neil Wright denying any takeover on Facebook now – just rumours again.

Worth nothing if it came from that waste of space

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Either that or KVV looking to spend the money he earned from his days as a plasterer*

*Assumption based on how much the last plasterer I used charged me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Twitter is alive with the sound of rumour tonight, sounds closer than it ever has been.

I have it on good information that the cash flow situation is serious and we do investment ASAP.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

This is from twitter’s Matt Ellis

Understand it’s at advanced stages with 2 groups. Hope to complete by the weekend.
    To clarify: 2 separate groups.

Peter Swann tells Iron Bru a deal to sell #SUFC is “as close as it has ever been”. Understand two consortiums are still at the negotiating table. Deal not done. Very fluid situation. Swann says he hopes to conclude a deal soon as “the club needs investment”.

Dare we dream of Swann pissing off ?

another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022
    Topics: 1

Hope this is true but we have heard it so many times it’s close it’s going to happen etc etc
    I guess it’s keep everything crossed as pretty sure if it doesn’t happen we will be looking at a terrible alternative

2 users thanked author for this post.
    PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

I’m pretty excited to be honest. Let’s hope it goes through and the groups involved have Scunthorpe United best interests at heart.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

Official line from Swann is that we are closer than ever, but nothing concrete yet.
    Two parties still negotiating.
    I understand one is the local consortium and the other is the party who passed the fit and proper test some time ago. I also believe the local consortium are only interested in securing the club + GP, whilst the second party want the whole site including the land for the flats/apartments so not straight forward.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

I’m crossing everything it gets done 🤞

I’m not suggesting we are more important than any other club but I firmly believe this club deserves a chance to go again!!!
    We deserve saving from Peter Swann!!!

We have shown in the past we can average 6,000+ Attendance And have held our own in the second tier (for one season) so surely there’s something worth believing in for a potential investor!!

Please please save this unbelievable club

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

If it goes through, it’ll be interesting to see who they bring in as manager – or, will they stick with Daws?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

or, will they stick with Daws?

I hope not !. Daws is ok but we need an experienced “or young talented manager” who knows the national league through and through. Perm manager is the way to go for stability.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

The deal is done!

It’s taken a while but it’s now gone through.

£38 billion.

Elon Musk now owns Twitter too.

I wonder if he’d like to buy Scunny?

Someone ‘tweet’ him.

🆘💔🆘
    Save Our Scunny

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

On that explains everything, the club sale is all a Twitter conspiracy theory being put about by Musk, relax we are going bust after all.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I’m crossing everything it gets done 🤞

I’m not suggesting we are more important than any other club but I firmly believe this club deserves a chance to go again!!!
    We deserve saving from Peter Swann!!!

We have shown in the past we can average 6,000+ Attendance And have held our own in the second tier (for one season) so surely there’s something worth believing in for a potential investor!!

Please please save this unbelievable club

I don’t think a 6k average will be realistic for a club our size but if we can start winning games again, play entertaining football and have an ownership that genuinely cares for the club and invests in the right areas, we can pull in a 4K average- which is more than enough to sustain league football.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’m assuming with new ownership, more positivity and better relationship builders the club can attract more inward investment from sponsorship and other commercial revenue streams? You’d hope so anyway.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

The longer Swann hangs on and stays the bigger the debt gets. He must have got the message by now surely. Swann get gone and let’s get the fans back through the turnstiles who are staying away because of him. He knows that him and his family are not wanted here and that is putting it mildly. There is so much anger towards him because of what he has done to our Scunthorpe United. Swann sell up now you are just holding us back and putting our Club down. Every day you remain the debt gets bigger and our future gets more precarious. SWANN GET GONE!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

It’s all about the money, his money, that’s all he’s concerned about, we should not get in front of ourselves talking about new managers, future investment etc, it means nowt if we get disappointed again, we all need to chill out and wait.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

or, will they stick with Daws?

I hope not !. Daws is ok but we need an experienced “or young talented manager”

Experienced like Hill?

Young & talented like Cox?

We need a GOOD manager regardless of age and experience.

Hopefully the next permanent one will not need to kowtow to the Swanns!

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

All a bit convenient for Swann these rumours – close to going bust but two interested parties – wonder if Bru can ask him if has seen proof of funds yet

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

We need a GOOD manager

I know. I covered all bases by including experienced and young talented managers.

Any way moving on to this new potential sale of the club. If rumours are to be believed and we do need to find 250k as a club in the near future to stave of going into administration, has that made Swann more realistic in terms of what he’s looking to get for the club ?

If Swann still kept playing hardball and sat on a clearly rotting club and let it go into administration, would he then get less for it ?

I’m not sure how it all works but it would make sense.

Swann said that he hopes to conclude a deal soon as “the club needs investment”. I wonder whether the “club needs investment” comment was referring to the 250k the club supposedly needs to stave off administration ?

Maybe he takes what he can now before that eventuality becomes a reality. Dawned on Swannster that he either takes what he can now or potentially get’s a mere fraction once the club fully goes to shite.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.