What happened to the team that played at harrogate.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace What happened to the team that played at harrogate.

• Author
    AndersonAnderson
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2017
    Topics: 5

How can a team that played so well turn in proformances like they are at the minute.
    There frame of mind is not the same.
    Something has happened.
    Contract talks ?
    Had enough of the systems used.?
    Had enough of the management?
    Falling out between players. ?
    Needs sorting, and quick.
    The players have shown they can do it, so again I ask what has changed there mind set.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 141

Injuries and negative tactics.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Did we play that well or were Harrogate very poor that night? I didn’t see the game so i’am just asking.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 85

Consistency. We have too many players who have one good game in 4 or 5, that’s why they’re NL standard. Enough of them had that good game at the same time, could be due again soon as nobody has had a decent game recently.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 63

The team at Harrogate: –

33Howard
    2ClarkeSubstituted forRoweat 78’minutes
    6Onariase
    5McGahey
    38O’Malley
    8Gilliead
    22Beestin
    20Spence
    11Eisa
    45McAteeSubstituted forTaylorat 75’minutes
    9LoftSubstituted forJarvisat 75’minutes

The team for that shit-show at Cleethorpes: –

33Howard
    2ClarkeBooked at 69mins
    6Onariase
    4Bedeau
    15Hippolyte
    8Gilliead
    22BeestinSubstituted forTaylorat 78’minutes
    20Spence
    11Eisa
    45McAteeBooked at 39minsSubstituted forJarvisat 45’minutesBooked at 55mins
    9Loft

Bedeau for McGahey and Hippolyte for O’Malley was the only difference.

So it’s not as if there were wholesale changes. Nor does it seem to be a tactical issue.

Would have been a good year to experiment with a mid-season break. They all looked knackered on Saturday.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 100

I bet Premier League teams who play in Europe have training methods not to knacker the players on match days, I know they rotate a bit but some players seem to play in all games apart from minor Cups and seem totally fit, maybe the training here is too intense especially the day before a game.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 96

Consistency. We have too many players who have one good game in 4 or 5, that’s why they’re NL standard. Enough of them had that good game at the same time, could be due again soon as nobody has had a decent game recently.

Exactly this: bad teams are not always bad, they sometimes have good moments when it all comes together. More often than not, nothing comes together and it all falls apart.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 38

I think Bish hit the nail on the head during his comomentary on Saturday.

He pointed out that Mansfield were not great or particularly threatening going foreward but they did seem to have a plan as to how they were going to try and score a goal.In the the 3 games he has watched he cannot work out what our plan to score is. I can confirm I have not seen much of a plan in the rest of the games either.

If we do manage to score first then the team usually gets a bit of confidence and then our individually talented players start to play a bit.

When the opposition score first you can almost see the players looking at each other and saying “that’s us fecked then”

We show a little bit of organisation defensively even though we are often undone by basic individual errors. Going forward we have neither a plan or the belief. We are unlikely to get the belief without having a plan.

Even if the plan is to lump it up to Loft or Jarvis then at least let’s go the full Wimbledon and get bodies aggressively chasing the second ball.

We are a poor team in a bad position so time to choose a way of playing and stick to it in matches and in training until we get better at it. This season is now only about getting 25 or 30 more points. The best way to do this is to pick a simple formation and tactics and then choose the players who want it most in their correct positions.

And find a right footed dead ball taker (anyone but Eisa will do) and leave O’Malley to take the left footed ones.

It’s League 2 not rocket science Neil (and Peter).

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 141

Different players last year but that same mentality,
    If the opposition score first,” that’s us fecked then” Bang on Mk, and yes NI can’t blame the fans for this one.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.