Welcome to the National league

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Welcome to the National league

• Author
    CaptainCodCaptainCod
    Participant
    Registered On: October 16, 2021
    Topics: 1

Away we go , it was never my intention to wind anyone up or belittle you . If you read my original post I actually said we are two similar clubs who have had similar rises and falls from grace during my life time and both been shafted by a very poor chairman.
    As some of your posters have mentioned above coming to Blundell Park as a neutral during our better days, I to have attended glanford park during your good years to watch good football. Always in the away end though!
    As our nearest rivals I’ll always want us to finish above you and beat you in every match we play. I’m always up for a bit of banter and light hearted digs but always with respect and would never want to see you go under .
    If you don’t get rid of Swann and you organise a proper protest next season I would gladly come down to your place and stand in solidarity with you, as I think any true football fan should. Football is for the fans , there are far too many clubs who have been destroyed by egotistic chairman looking to make a few quid . Apart from us and yourselves Darlington , Bury and Stockport spring to mind .
    I can’t really take the P out of you for being relegated into a league we are already in, when it comes to mismanagement and the national league we’ve read the book, seen the film and worn the T-shirt !

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Thanks for that Cod, and I am happy that you weren’t trying to belittle us and apologize for giving you such short shrift. Hope we go to each others grounds next year.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Not like you to take things the wrong way on here awaywego 😛

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Bit like you and your mate BG wanting promotion for the Cods and then 27hrs later claiming it was a joke, I took that the wrong way didn’t I. Lol.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Yes, you did. That aside, I couldn’t care less if they’re promoted or not. I only take rivalry so far. You may not. Your choice. I have good mates who are Grimsby amd Hull fans. It’s not a crime you know.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

My dad, gran, grandad and 2 uncles were codheads, they all came to scunny for a regular wage, grandad was a skippers mate if they didn’t catch they didn’t get paid, other than having 2 heads they weren’t that bad. All my dad’s and uncles kids are Scunny though. So no it’s not a crime.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.