Wealdstone

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Wealdstone

• Author
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Listening to the commentary, it sounded that they have now lost any and all self-belief.
    They are now virtually incapable of: defending, holding possession, making clean passes, finding space, riding tackles, tackling and reading the game.
    These are, for the most part, not poor players.
    They simply have no leaders on the pitch to start addressing that rather lengthy list of problems. Failure breeds ever more failure.
    Only an injection of leaders can save us.
    So, in conclusion, down we go. I am no longer sure that even an extra £1 million for the remains of this season could be enough.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022
    Topics: 0

Flipping heck giving up before Christmas!

ToshPembsiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 0

Red cards forChristmas has started

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Flipping heck giving up before Christmas!

We knew where we were heading before the season commenced.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Don’t panic, this weeks selected player will be along shortly to say all the right things.
    We know what we have to do.
    We’ve talked about it.
    Training has been excellent.
    We’re not getting the luck.
    A lapse of concentration cost us.
    We’re looking forward to the next game.
    We’re just not good enough. (OK that was me)
    The ref was sh1te. (and that)

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Listening to the commentary, it sounded that they have now lost any and all self-belief.
    They are now virtually incapable of: defending, holding possession, making clean passes, finding space, riding tackles, tackling and reading the game.
    These are, for the most part, not poor players.
    They simply have no leaders on the pitch to start addressing that rather lengthy list of problems. Failure breeds ever more failure.
    Only an injection of leaders can save us.
    So, in conclusion, down we go. I am no longer sure that even an extra £1 million for the remains of this season could be enough.

but apart from that everything is OK

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m wondering if our leading scorer has played his last game for us, isn’t he due a three match ban for an instant red card? If so that just about takes him up to the January window and a move away, good luck to him.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Well, once again, a lackless effortless performance by our pathetic team and so called management, we once had a team that did not buy high, but always had players that gave their best and were proud to pull on a Scunny shirt, we do not appear to have any in this squad. For Christ sake Swann, put the few remaining fans out of their misery and leave our club, you have no interest in SUFC, and have single handedly guided them from the top of League 1, into League 2, into National League, and at the end of this season into National League Noreth, and you do not have the guts to talk to these few fans, except for a few lies that come from you about every four months. You have put so called managers like Cox and Daws in charge of the playing side of things knowing that neither have a bloody clue how to manage. So pease show your cards and get out of our club, whats left of it. No ground or land, no decent players, no management that has a bloody clue what they are doing, and a total perthetic bunch of no hopers, how far does this lot have to fall before you pull the plug in order to enable you to sell the land you claimed from the club and its supporters, when all the debt was run up by yourself by miss-management and your bright idea’s.

Just a pity that the fans have given you a free ride to do this by just accepting anything you have done, and even still travel to watch the shite they serve up.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Just a pity that the fans have given you a free ride to do this by just accepting anything you have done, and even still travel to watch the shite they serve up.

Big crowd next week too, 2,200 Notts fans along with about the same number of ours. Kerching.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

It won’t help too much, I’d guess – but balance might just look a bit better in January.
    I can’t believe that Butterfield and Nuttall are not our highest earners – and by quite a margin! Strong likelihood that with those wages freed + transfer fees (if allowed to use them) – we could aim to get five+ decentish new faces in.
    Butterfield has had a number of average games and Nuttall’s scoring record has been flattered by penalties. How much would they be missed?
    Personally, I’d also want Ntlhe to go. Too many injuries.
    We must have: an LB, a CB, Beestin replacement – preferably Bish-style player, someone with pace and another striker.
    The trouble is that even if this plan could be implemented – early in the new year we are going to need four wins on the trot just to keep in touch with 5th bottom.
    Should new owners arrive (I’m not holding my breath) they would need to spend big to try to rescue the season from this position. Same positions need covering but with players currently we’d not be able to afford.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

No new players will come in.
    We may get a few quid for one or three that leave in January.
    The squad will be trimmed, the playing wage bill thus reduced.
    Redemption for this season isn’t achievable now – it’s too far gone.

Participant

Les____________After reading your post mate, you are wanting left and right backs, center midfielder and center forward, at least five players, but you do not touch on the main problem, the only goal keeper used all season is rubbish and after over twenty games has not played in one of them without picking the ball out of the net, the other big problem is the manager and coaches, they are clueless clowns who still state that the team are giving their best and are not a bad team!!!, Daws has been at the club like Mussa for ten years, and have done nothing, Daws has not brought any players through the youth system in ten years, and Mussa is supposed to be goalkeeper coach, and during his job, we have had the worst set of keepers the club has ever known. Why cannot Daws see that most of the goals conceeded are from back post locations from set pieced, nearly every bloody game results in such!!!, and his so called playing systems are terrible, and it appears that the players do not know what is happening.

The fact is Les, it would take more than five players to make a team out of these wage grabers, and the direction that the club will be heading is only in one way as long as the name Swann is the owner.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant

Strong point BS, but – as with Rory – there is only so much pressure that a GK can take before an error will inevitably appear. Howard made his fair share of blunders too.
    I’ll go with that first point – add a GK to the 5+. So, 6+ it is then!

I sympathise with most of the other points you make.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

If you know you are going to be relegated – then why would you want to add 6 more players to the wage bill?
    It just exacerbates the situation.
    Relegation on minimum expenditure will be the MO.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We are just going round in circles really, the problems won’t be resolved till the club is sold and my money is on redevelopment of some kind on the GP site rather then us being sold as a football club.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Yes we do go round in circles, yet no answers to the same old problem I keep raising, how do you get round the ground being a community asset? If the grounds not deemed a community asset wouldn’t you get planning permission first for change of use, making it far easier to sell to a developer? Do you really think the land the ground occupies is that valuable with a football ground on top of it which would need demolition first? Why is your money on redevelopment?

Participant

Exactly Iron-awe, you are 100% correct, thats probably why the sooner the better if it is going to happen, just to put an end to the suffering of our remaining few suporters, I would think that the 2,000 to 3,000 fans that have already been lost by the club have accepted that the club has sadly reached the end of the road, and can see and have accepted that Swann has ended the life of what was a good little club.

Awaywego, a football ground the size of Scunny’s can be demolished in a week!!!!

All that really matters to him is that he comes out of this total mess with as much money that he can recover for himself, and that he can place the blame on supporters that have been wanted him gone for a few years now. I would love to be wrong, but sadly are 95% correct.

Participant

Awaywego, the ground the size of GP can be demolished in a couple of weeks mate, but the developer will have plenty of time whilst their planning goes through, the ground is no problem what so ever.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not time that’s the problem just added cost to demolish, And again BS you ignore the community asset question, or the planning permission,without you just have a football ground on some land no use to anyone other than a football club or other sports club, how would you get round these problems. Please have a look first on how to try and sell a community asset before answering.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Convert half the pitch to a community use playground for the young kids and the other half to a multi use all weather games surface for the older kids.
    A nice bit of ‘green’ within the new estate?

Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

Darlo could be tasty next season and Gainsboro away will be massive !
    Will we all get in Elm Cottage ? Iron on Tour

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.