Waking from slumber?

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Waking from slumber?

• Author
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Whilst we wait for the announcement we are hoping for (2 forwards signed) and the one we are praying for (new ownership) there are definite signs of life at Glanford Park.

From live music to fish and chips. Face painting and profiles of new backroom staff.

Lee Turnbull is lighting a few fuses whilst the absent landlord is not looking. We already have a team that would beat the previous seasons team which by my reckoning is the first time for 5 seasons.

I’m done with moaning and dreading the worst. Well done the Lee and all at the club for stopping the rot – or at least giving it a good go.

Time for the moaners (including me) to get behind our club again.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Don’t think the absentee landlord is interested never mind not looking but your right we do need a bit of positivity and Lee certainly appears to be doing his best. Can’t trust the sale until it’s all tied up and Ernest has finally gone, sorry but we’ve been bull shitted so many times in the past it’s hard not to be sceptical.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Great to hear a bit of enthusiasm at long, long last but I still have reservations:

1) Where do you think the squad has improved versus last season?

2) Swann’s still the owner. Until that changes, I struggle to share the optimism.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

1. Goalkeeper can kick the ball to players in his own team. Boyce tells Taft (and the rest of the defence) what to do and where to be. Butterfield has Grant’s capability and nous but his legs still work. Whitehouse has a bit of bite which we haven’t had in midfield since Bish left. Nuttall and Feeney are match fit – neither was last season. Beeston is over his long Covid.

Not saying we are great but we don’t have to be to be capable of beating last seasons team.

2. Can’t do anything about this one but the mystic that is known on here as Wondergoals says he will be gone this week.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    McfarlanewasalegendMcfarlanewasalegend
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 1

Added a bit of welcome experience so far to help the eagerness of youth. They can only help youngsters in training sessions etc. Also like the fact weve strenghened r.b. as its a position opositions have targetted as usually a “makeshift” r.b.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

2. Can’t do anything about this one but the mystic that is known on here as Wondergoals says he will be gone this week.

Only going by what I was told on twitter. I will be very, very surprised if Swannster is still here by the time we play Yeovil. Even site editor Matt knows it’s not far away, as I keep saying it’s just a matter of time now.

Finishing touches to be done now and then Swann can toddle off to Blackpool and start up a glamorous donkey riding business up and down the pleasure beach.

I do firmly believe the players who Hill said he wants to sign this month will come in once the new owners are in. I know it’s difficult not to be sceptical but it’s definitely happening.

I know we’re not in a good place at the moment but we’re lucky in the sense we’ve got a buyer this swiftly because Fenty held on to Grimbsy for years before he cleared off.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

” I know it’s difficult not to be sceptical”

It’s impossible not to be sceptical in my case.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014

Can we get it done before the early bird offer finishes as I’d like to be there on Saturday

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

When Saturday Comes!

Sean or Mr Bean?

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

I do like the messages coming out of the club – it feels like its back with the fans/community after years of being in the doldrums with the Swann family slowly destroying it. You can see positivity now but until all the Swanns have done one there’s always a doubt.

We do need 2
    strikers
    though!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

You can add a CB and a left sided attacker to that list as well…about 4 players short at the moment and somewhere down the line we may need a more experienced GK.

Bit risky having young Foster as back up.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Until the paperwork is signed and sealed I will not allow myself to get too optimistic, been let down by Swann on too many occasions in the past.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Isn’t he only a year or two younger than our loanee number 1?

qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    Registered On: July 3, 2022

4 years.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Isn’t he only a year or two younger than our loanee number 1?

Yes but at least Dewhurst has had first team experience and good coaching at Sheff Utd. Foster hasn’t had any.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

Dewhurst is a international at 4 different levels inc u20 so should be OK.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.