Waiting for the Swann statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Waiting for the Swann statement

• Author
    harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 11

It’s time Swann facedown with the fan’s and tell us what he is doing to our club.
    Cut your losses and just leave let the people in waiting take over. Yes there is people waiting just not wanting to pay him silly money

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

He is not concerned about the club one iota, his main concern is getting his money back. You are dreaming if you think he’s bothered.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

It will be a slow death – he won’t sell for footballing reasons. The only way he gets anywhere near the money he wants involves the destruction of SUFC and the sale of the land. I feel for the club’s employees, youth players, volunteers, they must see the destruction first hand .

Where is this fan director chap? Not much of a conduit really

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Fans director where are you? Nobody at the football club is showing any concern whatsoever for the plight of our Club. We like many fans are extremely worried that Swann is waiting in the wings to wind our Club up and land grab and take the money. Lee Turnbull has been brought in to take all the flak as Swann doesn’t accept any blame whatsoever and he is not man enough to take any criticism in my opinion. No-one actually knows the price Swann is asking for the sale but could it be he is asking way over valuation as he has no intention of selling. He says he doesn’t want to be here any more as fans don’t want him, so why if he genuinely wants to sell is he not doing???????? PLEASE GET GONE SWANN AND LET OUR CLUB BE SAVED. At present you are behaving like the demolition man.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

He’s got the mortgage money to dip into, as well as those daft people who bought season tickets and buy match to match. If he wants things to look good, get Lee to dish a few hundred or more Freebies. He’s in no rush to do anything.

I notice one of the “Volunteers” having a pop at stay away fans online. Enjoy your Tea with Lee as we head for the Northern Premier League.

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013

About time some big business man started shouting a bit like they did in the good old days. Get the fans behind them let get something to shout about and someone to back

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

Unfortunately even the most ardent of fans are losing the battle to justify the expense and disappointments any more! I normally keep my phone on hand when we are away but today I just didn’t bother.

It’a a shock now if we don’t lose! Same as last week disappointed but not surprised is the order of match day and I really do not know how anything can change as we are, it’s a long slow death we are suffering and if we don’t get at least two wins out of the next 5 games I honestly think we will relegated once again

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Swann can’t be concerned at getting more fans through the turnstiles otherwise he would sell up. There are at least 1000 fans who won’t return until Swann is gone and HD knows that.

Participant

Sorry dould read HE knows that.

Participant

Should read He knows that.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Sorry dould read HE knows that.

I honestly thought HD stood for ” His Dickness ” but thanks for correcting.

KennySpennymoorKenny Spennymoor
    Participant
    Topics: 7

Neil the “fans’ director” appears to have deleted his twitter account, strange one…

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant

Don’t know Neil and have nothing against him! but said this before what surprises me we have a fan rep that lives in London, we are a proper disaster and have been for nearly 5 seasons now.

We just can’t seem to get any momentum in anything we do either on or off the pitch, like a lot of people have said with the players we have we really shouldn’t be in this position but they seem to be like rabbits caught in the headlights.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Neil lives at Staveley near Chesterfield, he used to live in London but is a Scunthorpe lad B66.

DesertironDesertiron
    Participant
    Registered On: September 3, 2022
    Topics: 0

If he’s serious about selling the club he needs to give an indication of price and a contact email at the club for prospective buyers to contact. That immediately gets rid of anybody being interested but not having enough funds or entering negotiations and the price changing because he moves the goalposts. If you’re selling your house and you want to save time then you put a price up with it then anyone that is interested and it’s something they can afford enters advanced negotiations. The only reason not to is he’s not serious or he has something to hide that will look really greedy to supporters and contradict previous commitments.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant

Ok misterton sorry to Neil as I told misinformation, but have to say everything has gone quiet from all parties from the ceo down.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Fans Director ?
    How long was he voted on to do this job ?
    Does he come up for re election any time soon ?

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Fans Director ?
    How long was he voted on to do this job ?

He wasn’t voted on, it was a reward for him and his SULSESC mates keeping quiet about the ground seperation.

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

So here we are ‘playing’ non league football, and hanging on by the skin of our teeth. I don’t blame our caretaker boss, or even our players. They are piss poor, but they didn’t hire themselves.

Word is that a new manager will not be appointed until the club is sold, and that the current club owner will not make any money available for new players.

If the only way to raise money to buy new players is to sell the ones we have is a recipe for disaster. We don’t have any future stars that will fetch us a couple of million, and we don’t have any assets that we can use to guarantee payment of any kind of loan.

In short, this is all down to an incompetent hobbyist chairman, who wasted millions in an attempt to get us promoted from L1. When we didn’t succeed, and even though we came pretty close, he got bored and pulled the plug. Now all he wants is to get his money back, which he won’t get, we have gone from decent L1 to crap NL. The club has been massively devalued. It’s all about the land which belongs to Swann’s own company (Coolsilk). The Iron are in his way now. He will need the club to go bust so that he can sell the land.

I did defend him at first, but his threats to sue a supporter for criticising him was a red flag for me. He was only ever in it for himself.

So do us all a favour Swann, kindly and in the nicest of ways. Give us back our land then please do F off.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Admire the sentiment LK but I genuinely believe he is not interested one iota and just wants his money back any way possible.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I don’t blame our caretaker boss, or even our players. They are piss poor, but they didn’t hire themselves.

I think some players have to accept blame as well as current and recent managers. For me the players fall into two categories.
    1. Those that are simply not good enough, presumably they’re here because they’re cheap. We don’t have enough “good” players so some have to play, the managers job is to get them to be as good as they can be. Did Hill and does Daws?
    2. Those that have shown clearly that they have the ability but, for some reason, choose to perform to that level only occasionally during a game and sometimes not at all. Why is something the fans will never know but somebody needs to find out and sort it quickly.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

We can’t get past the fact that three positions are not adequately covered.

(Imagine the shame and humiliation for some team when they become the first to fail to score against us! – It could even happen this season!)

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

I think we have 4 areas where we don’t have the right calibre of player cover.

We don’t have a goalkeeper suitable for the situation the team has been in for the last 4 seasons. It is OK for comfortably mid table sides to risk a young inexperienced keeper but not if you are continually at the bottom of the league.

We don’t have a credible centre half to fill in injuries or suspensions for the two we have – that assumes giving Taft the benefit of the doubt.

We have no forwards to cover Nuttall and Lavery. We also have to accept Lavery has done nothing since scoring a very good goal on his debut.

We have no wide players which means we rarely get decent supply to the front 2 and pretty much stops us playing 4-4-2 which at this level gives struggling sides the best chance of a clean sheet.

We have 3 left backs although in the cup game we decided to play neither of them in that position.

In midfield we have Butterfield supported by about 10 others none of whom have shown yet that they are good enough.

When Nuttall and Apter go in January I cannot see us getting another point let alone a win or a clean sheet.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Nuttall won’t go to anybody who saw him on Saturday!!
    (See category 2 in my post above.)

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Probably already knows where he is going Cass.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Blackpool in a straight swap for Apter?
    Sorry – just woke up.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Too many CMs of the wrong type.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

For all his faults- and there are plenty- Swann didn’t head up recruitment this summer and send us into the season with a young, inexperienced GK and a criminal lack of cover in defence, nor has he set the team up with baffling formations and the inability to hold onto a lead.

Turnbull and co need to address the defence urgently instead of signing another centre mid to stick on the pile.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

For all his faults- and there are plenty- Swann didn’t head up recruitment this summer and send us into the season with a young, inexperienced GK and a criminal lack of cover in defence, nor has he set the team up with baffling formations and the inability to hold onto a lead.

Turnbull and co need to address the defence urgently instead of signing another centre mid to stick on the pile.

Does Swann set the budget?

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Can’t answer that; But it’s not his choice to have 10 centre mids and no centre back cover.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.