Update from DH

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Update from DH

• Author
    dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

ps in the same spirit as Deerey .. this last sentence is aimed at IB etc and not those who are expressing cautious concern at our present situation

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

It appears the ‘cap’ issue has been dealt with according to Ironfromafar. Agreed that existing CCJs need addressing. If new ones ’emerge’ would that be ‘inexcusable’, Sidey .. or could we accept that when sorting a mess we sometimes have to prioritise and ask for a bit of grace rather than character defamation at every emerging problem or a less than immediate response?

Given he has no said the last remaining ones are being dealt with, I’d have room for concern if they continue long into the future. There will come a point where sorting out Swann’s legacy surely won’t be a valid reason.

Participant

And if he says ‘There’s just too much coming out of the woodwork. I’m cutting my losses and I’m off’? Who will be the most content? You and me? IA and Pat? Deerey? … or IB and IE?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Let us assume that the Normanby Rd project goes ahead – and within the time frame available.
    With the best will in the world, talks of £30million being spent seem rather improbable.
    We have no idea how brilliant it will look – or otherwise.
    So many football grounds in the NLN have one proper stand and a little bit of cover.
    If you can play football on it and it has empty terracing on which fans can stand – you have a stadium.
    Add one seated area and you match many NLN sides. Add to that one an area of covered standing and you will be similar to the poorer NL grounds.
    In all 3 situations – football is still possible.
    Portakabins in the short term?
    Carparking is a different matter, of course.
    My preference is to stay at GP if at all possible.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

And if he says ‘There’s just too much coming out of the woodwork. I’m cutting my losses and I’m off’? Who will be the most content? You and me? IA and Pat? Deerey? … or IB and IE?

I have a feeling IE would have an ‘I told you so’ feeling of assuredness. However, if Hilton leaves because too much is coming out, then he would take blame. It shouldn’t matter if these are out in the open. If he has the funds said, and can deal with what he took on, he would be able to deal with these things. No matter whether the information is public or not.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

It’s ok being interested in engaging in posts like WYI made, but at least address his points and correct him where he is wrong. The away travel is now run by Jerry and Andy not the club and nothing to do with the coach company not being paid.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

I wouldn’t be surprised given DH has taken the time to contact SST and that is generally acknowledged and under it the same bitching continues…

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I have no axe to grind with IB or any other Bru member wishing to highlight possible indiscretions re the owner or club as they see fit but i do feel IBs guise of trying to warn and protect Scunny fans has worn thin and its so obvious he and possibly a couple of others have serious issues with DH for what ever reason… we are all grown ups and can each make our own minds up as to how we see the current and involving situation do we really need to be drip fed all these gory details as it wont help one bit.
    One fundamental difference between IB and i would hope the rest of the Bru membership is simply the affiliation with the town and its football club. I joined Bru purely for my love of SUFC, a club i have been supporting since my mid teens and even now fast approaching 60 i shall remain ironfromafar til the day i croak it… waiting to see how things pan out and then planning a trip home to take in as many games as possible

Pleased to read that the DH and the new club safety officer have sorted the attendance cap with SAG .. i thought the original capacity was 9088 it appears to be 9147 now ??

4 users thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

The issue here is over the tenure of The EGO the Supporters were told mistruths on many, many occasions.

After 10 years of it trust will not return automatically, it will take time. Perhaps Mr Hilton is the messiah, only time will tell.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

I’m pretty sure he’s not the Messiah, Sanfran. Let’s all hope he’s not a naughty boy.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Beat me too it there JI, nice to see you on top Python form.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

To be fair IA.. it was an open goal. A dozen of us could have scored that one!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Why did Alan Welsh leave?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

To be fair IA.. it was an open goal. A dozen of us could have scored that one!

Not sure Chris Iwelumo would have 😂

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Why did Alan Welsh leave?

Who cares the guy is a complete dick!

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Agree with those points Westyorksiron. I’m more interested in engaging with posts like that in the future that raise sensible points rather than these stupid witch hunts regarding particular posters and attempting to find out posters real names and quietening doubters

We’ve had the ‘burning torches’ and now it’s ‘witch hunts’ by folks who aren’t ‘sensible,’ Deerey. Just recently you professed to be ‘confused’ as to whether I believe in free speech. I know … from you and other posters..that there are some bad ‘uns on Twitter and Facebook. But, at the risk of triggering outrage, you are coming across a bit ‘puritanical’ at present. A good few on here ..NI, IA , Ironfromafar and others..have accepted concerns but find the relentless negativity of a few posters clearly with an agenda tiresome to the pint of nauseating.
    Have another look at my reply to Westyorks. Is my first point about DH and dealing with emerging debt invalid?
    Is my concluding point about possible scenarios without DH not worthy of consideration?
    Let’s not berate others for doing what any of us ..including you .. can slip into.

I can understand the curiosity about those who have taken an interest in the club; I am interested myself. I can understand how this can be tiring. However, some of the questioning of IB has been a bit like a ‘witch hunt’ and I don’t think it is vital. Ultimately, the person with a position of power is Hilton, not IB. I am not saying people have no right to question IB, and I suspect DM isn’t either, but people are allowed to disagree with what they see as a misguided effort. I see no free speech issue here.

The increased spotlight on me coincides with the news of the CCJs. They are not interested in me. Their sole interest is to ensure their judgement is not cast into further doubt.

As you have correctly pointed out, there is only one individual who has ignored payment requests from creditors which has resulted in these CCJs being granted and it is not me. On a related subject, did you see the thread over on Facebook featuring the parent of one of the young lads who has not been paid? Shameful.

There was no Peter Swann, IE or IB to blame when Jewsons Ltd and Rushcliffe Borough Council served their winding up petitions!

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

There was no Peter Swann, IE or IB to blame when Jewsons Ltd and Rushcliffe Borough Council served their winding up petitions!

Why have they put winding up petitions against Scunthorpe United, if so what for and when, if it against Hilton that has nothing to do with the Glanford Ground, which Swann put into his Company’s tenure

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

CCJ’s are not issued overnight.

DH will have ignored these payments for months – the poor sods who are owed money are having to spend more time, and money, trying to get what is due to them

We all make the odd mistake, but DH seems to have made far too many far too quickly.

I am not impressed with him to date.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I do fear that it shows that he does not have the money for the upkeep of our football club. It may be that Hilton has intentions to pay them off, it may be a result of Swann’s legacy, but the businesses owed deserve payment and Hilton agreed to take on these debts. There better be a reduction of this kind of thing in the coming months.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Totally agree all the creditors should be sorted out it seems DH covered this in his recent chat with SST..BELOW

Its a case of if an individual wishes to believe his comments or not … being a cup half full person i do …others like IB may choose not to for their own reasons and intent to damage DH at every opportunity.

CCJs
    Acquired lots of debt with purchase of SUFC. There are potentially five CCJs ranging from roughly £350, to the largest which was made public yesterday. DH currently working to authenticate all bills. Unfortunately some have been not received and therefore missed, they will be authenticated paid and set aside as many have over the past few months. He reiterated he had inherited over 600 debts with the football club and threats of court action and indeed action are a daily occurrence whilst debts are authenticated and contracts reviewed. The total level of debt is now reduced since January by nearly 80% and he is working through debts as quickly as possible to clear the remaining.

Participant

Just to say that IB feels that news of CcJs has led to an increased spotlight on him. That’s how he opens above.Presumably he feels that this is some sort of diversionary tactic to take attention away from the ‘true villain.’
    IB. Grow the hell up. Get some sort of perspective ..both on yourself, DH and other posters. Your obsession will inevitably take you into a false reality ..delusion .. and this statement is an indicator. It has been your relentless flow of negative information ..including re CCJs ..that has given you any spotlight on here. If you don’t like discussion surrounding you and your motives ..then don’t post.
    CCJs are a stain on our club. There has been some decent discussion above. The explanation re the sheer number, validation process, administration of payment, prioritisation etc may be guff ..as you inevitably suggest ..though several posters have found this plausible and been willing to extend some ‘grace.’ Maybe you haven’t been payed, maybe DH bullied you at school, maybe he ran your cat over .. none of us know what motivates you and you don’t tell us. But please .. if you are to keep up this campaign ..don’t bleat when there is a response!

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

If I was the mean-spirited sort and lacking in empathy, I think this is the point where I am meant to ask if you’re OK, Hun?

This subject is clearly bothering you. Backing a loser can’t be nice. You will already be at the stage where you’re questioning your own judgement and unable to decide what is fact and what is fiction. Try not to dwell on it too much.

If you and others want to accept Hilton’s version of events (as reported by SST) concerning the missing invoices and how the CCJs have come about that’s up to you. As I have highlighted in my earlier post, the processes involved in reality contradict what SST has been told. As I suggested to SST, please feel free to speak with a credit controller or management accountant who will confirm the same to you.

I’m going nowhere. For the record, there is only one person and one person only who creates and controls the flow of news, you would do well to remember that.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

No axe to grind for DH from me. Not backing anyone.I just like a level playing field.
    Although, to be fair, IB … I still think my invitation for you to step forward in maturity is reasonable.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I do agree that IB raises some good points on CCJs and the answer from Hilton.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Bun Fight at the Not O.K. Corral looms.
    Done and dusted in 30 seconds?
    What epitaph would you put on whoms Tombstone?

Participant

The problem with being ‘corralled’ with IB is that he doesn’t stick to facts. One big irritation with these last few exchanges is that he labels anyone questioning his motives or his methods as a supporter of the ‘demon Dave.’ I’ve tried to stay off that polarised position ..because I don’t have one. I’ve never said that he doesn’t make reasonable points about CCJs or anything else. My beef was with his comment about the spotlight falling on him … a bit rich from Mr Spotlight man.’
    I would have a bit more time for him if he would answer two basic questions.
    1. What is his relationship with DH?
    2. If I was to fully buy in to his perspective ..What should I do?
    IB has constantly ignored several posters who have asked these questions. An honest answer to either of them would be a start.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I wasn’t taking a side in your debate with him. I was just adding a piece of my own opinion.

GurnelistaGurnelista
    Participant
    Registered On: April 2, 2014
    Topics: 13

This question of whether fans should care about DH’s past and present gets to the heart of whether you support just the shirt, or whether you care about the club as a community asset; its people, values, local importance, reputation and so on.
    If you only support the shirt, and clap whether it’s good, bad or ugly on or off the field, then fine.
    But, those who see the club as a community asset which brings people together, develops youngsters’ attitudes, skills and careers, provides entertainment and jobs, and generally gives an identity, pride and occasionally hope to the place, are rightly concerned about the owner. This is particularly so while recovering from an abusive relationship with Swann, and the decline from Championship to NLN in some 12 years.
    There’s history on here of slavish support for disastrous leaders. Not just in football but in politics too, despite many more sensible voices warning of the dangers. The clarity and proof offered by IB’s posts is a welcome voice of sanity, and a weapon against the collective denial of reality in favour of ‘belief’ which has been as fashionable as it has been foolish in recent years.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Lots I agree with there, Gurney, and well argued. A couple of reflections. First,of course ..to be a Community asset there does have to be a club in the first place. I also believe that trawling through the past to expose someone’s character can be helpful and informative for the present but with the proviso that there should be an acceptance that people do mature and change ..unless personal hurts and agendas preclude that possibility. I guess that’s why I would like IB to address the couple of questions I posed. I’m definitely concerned about the club, care about its values and worry that DH has bitten off more than he can chew financially. But I am not as pessimistic as some.
    Not sure why ‘slavish’ support in politics is relevant to this discussion. Probably can guess.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.