Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Update from DH

• Author
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

SST,

Thank you for sharing

On the subject of the CCJs, I am not being critical of you because you are only able to report what you’ve been told.

That said, any reputable business owner will do their utmost to protect their reputation, the reputation of their business, their company’s credit rating and to safeguard relationships with suppliers. From my experience, CCJs arise for one of two reasons. In a minority of cases, a contractual dispute arises between claimant and defendant which can’t be settled, I would suggest this is highly unlikely in this case as two CCJs have already been issued and Hilton has indicated there are more to follow. In the vast majority of cases, CCJs are awarded because the defendant has insufficient working capital to settle its liabilities as and when they become due.

In terms of invoices not received. Suppliers to the club will issue their invoices within a few days of goods/services being delivered. At the end of each calendar month and until invoices are paid, those suppliers will send a statement of account to the club. Those suppliers who have had to resort to legal action in an attempt to get paid will have also issued the club with a 7-day notice of legal action. Such letters generally confirm the amount due, when the debt was due, how many days it is overdue and how many times the debt has been chased. Once the claimant submits their claim to the court, the court then writes to the defendant notifying them of the claim and gives them an opportunity to defend their position. The defendant has 14 days from date of service to submit their defence before the claimant can request a judgement.

Hilton’s had seven months to appraise the purchase ledger therefore it not more time he needs.

Please feel free to speak with a good credit controller or management accountant, they will tell you exactly the same.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    RuugerRuuger
    Participant
    Registered On: July 17, 2023
    Topics: 0

He says a lot, but where is the proof?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

So you know more what is going on more than Hilton, Interested Bystander, don’t forget there will be more legal experts dealing with it all apart from him, I haven’t personally got a clue what is going on behind the scenes but I am sure the new directors wouldn’t have joined the board if it was a lost cause.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Had a perfectly legitimate post removed when asking IB to front up about the Southend owner on their fans forum, does he post there or not. Just thought I’d inform the forum that censorship appears to be returning to this board but only in a certain form.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Samways1samways1
    Participant
    Registered On: August 9, 2015
    Topics: 13

IB – It sounds like the club are doing the best to repair the damage. 80% of their way through clearing 600 debts is good going all things considered.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Had a perfectly legitimate post removed when asking IB to front up about the Southend owner on their fans forum, does he post there or not. Just thought I’d inform the forum that censorship appears to be returning to this board but only in a certain form.

You missed the bit where by you tried to put someone’s name on here , if you’d posted what you said above be and only that it would be still here.So be truthful in your whining. Theres reason we protect your identities, the abuse and death threats being chief among them.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

IB – It sounds like the club are doing the best to repair the damage. 80% of their way through clearing 600 debts is good going all things considered.

80% of 600 debts means nothing.

The reality of the situation is that suppliers to the club are having to resort to legal action in an attempt to get paid for goods/services provided.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

IB do you pursue the Southend owner as vigorously on the Southend fans forum as vigorously as you do DH on this forum, or is your Interested Bystander role centered solely on one man?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wow Fans when you spit your dummy out you do it big time yeah, your call, your folly.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I have just read the report of your meeting with Mr Hilton Matt, and appreciate its contents, it is very good of you to arrange this meeting and submit your meeting report on the forum, also it is great that Mr Hilton haS given his views and anwers answers to your questions Matt. So a big well done to both of you, and I am sure that forum members appreciate your time and efforts, so well done.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

No need for that I-A. He’s given you an explanation and it seems fair enough to me.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

I believe his explanation to be bogus but you believe what you want DM.

ironeyeironeye
    Participant
    Registered On: August 10, 2023
    Topics: 8

Well done matt give mr hillton enough rope and he will hang himself very clever indeed , great work.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Well done matt give mr hillton enough rope and he will hang himself very clever indeed , great work.

And there you have it! Anything ..even that meeting with the approval of more than 30 posters … is construed as being a negative.(And ..please ..start getting Hilton’s name right).

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

If DH was to …..

Buy GP in cash tomorrow
    Clear all the debts
    Put together a team that goes unbeaten all season n gets promoted.
    Build a new stadium
    Achieve promotion from NL n back in the EFL proper and then do a Luton Town

IB (and a few others less obsessed) would still be on this destruction of DH mission as thats all hes interested in .. if DH had bought another club it would be those fans having to be bombarded with any negativity IB can dig up, he doesnt give a shit about any football club only one man and the character assassination / elimination of that man.

DH says nothing and gets abuse
    DH gives an interview to update fans on issues and gets abuse in the shallow form of “wheres the proof”
    On DH … personally from the outset ive been in the skeptical camp and still are but intend to give the fella a chance and not try to peg him at every opportunity, my only concern is Scunthorpe still having a football club and their own ground to play it in… next Tuesday hopefully the GP clouds of despair and confusion will be some what cleared.

As a footnote .. the new ground in the timescale mentioned in DH comments is folly and would go down as a miracle of biblical proportions if its anywhere near .. i would say POSSIBLY 26/27 season at absolute best .. i hope im wrong.

Participant

Agreed.Nothing to disagree with there. DH may not provide a ground or even a future …but he’s having a go. IB and others have alerted us to some of the issues he either faces or surround him ..but the toxic, mean spirited nature of the constant flow tells us that this is not really about informing Iron fans.For one or two it is personal ..maybe for a couple more it is the old ‘I oppose any and every Chairman syndrome.’ Maybe in the mix are those who just love to torment and sow division amongst rival fans. I’ll probably be accused of wanting to censor .. which I don’t.. but I do look forward to the time when things have worked through, one way or t’other, and these posts have faded away.

WestyorksironWestyorksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 13, 2021
    Topics: 1

I think most things in this update fans should be concerned about.
    Hilton said previously he saw the debts when purchasing the club, so he knew what mess he was taking on. The tax bill was paid but it seems the other creditors haven’t. These will include small independent businesses that depend on the cash.
    Is this why there is a new kit supplier, new arrangements for booking the away travel because those companies were not paid?
    Didn’t see any reference to the pensions, are they now being paid?
    I think the academy decision is very sad. Those young scholars that were taken on and are now being released have had their education and football dreams damaged. Local kids will no longer have a pathway to become a pro footballer at their local club.
    The academy has started to produce some decent players recently, with 6 members of the current squad being academy products, plus a few more sold.
    No other owner has had an issue with ground safety. Some of the safety measures you need to have in place will be regardless of the level of football and the number of fans. Others will be based on the number of people watching, some based on the likelihood of trouble. The gates so far are higher than some games when we were in league 2, so hard to see why being in NLN would justify a significant reduction in stewarding costs, other than less away fans and no more weekly protests.
    Hilton is hoping the club doing well on the pitch will keep the fans quiet. That strategy unravelled under Swann and will do so much quicker this time I suspect unless he finds money to pay the debts.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

… next up, Jackanory. Today’s story is read by Mr DH.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Never fear, the money will soon be here.

Is risotto on the restaurant menu?

Participant

WestYorks .. Just one example of the speculation that surrounds any current posting. ‘He knew what mess/debts he was taking on.’ Do we know that he knew. Could it be that they have ’emerged’ as the trawl through the accounts plus CCJs has brought them to light. The purchase was definitely rushed ..as it had to be to keep the club going. This may be one consequence.
    In general terms my question to you after, your reasonable posting, would be ..’ If Hilton had not stepped in then in what situation would SUFC be in?’ A new last minute purchaser? A phoenix club trying to get in to level 9 and find a ground? Out of existence? Nobody who fails to find any glimmers of hope around Hilton ever seems to address what looks to me like a reasonable and fundamental question.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Agree with those points Westyorksiron. I’m more interested in engaging with posts like that in the future that raise sensible points rather than these stupid witch hunts regarding particular posters and attempting to find out posters real names and quietening doubters

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Onfield (this season; so far) – Pavarotti

Off-field – banjo busking bill

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

People got libeled as Paedos and had death threats for spreading such rumours, hope Dave’s followers don’t see this, can you imagine their dilemma ?

Not just the vile ‘mates of Dave’. Those who spent the last few weeks and months playing the ‘top fan’ berating anyone as not being true fans for having concerns, saying they’re all just rumours, telling them to go and support Grimsby and that they are undermining Hilton.

It’s good that Hilton has answered such concerns, and he should stick to his word, and has no excuses for not meeting it now. It has alleviated some of my worry, and there is some truth in what JI and others has said, in we don’t know what else we can do. One thing is not to turn on fans for raising concerns. Likewise, less of the aggro, as seen between Pat and SNOT lately.

A good post, all I would say is raising concerns is one thing, actively looking for issues just to cause shit is another, and making up rumours when we have all been through enough turmoil is another level again. I would also add posting cryptic posts claiming to have “inside knowledge” when they know nothing doesn’t help this situation.

One last thing SNOT is the one making stuff up, claiming I am in cahoots with other members of this site that I have never met and accusing me of being fake but not being able to back it up despite being asked a number of times tells you all you need to know about the man. Those of you siding with him have obviously never sat in the Malt Shovel and had to listen to the crap he spouts….I have!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Seems what DH commented on re the attendance cap being lifted has actually come to fruition and GP is back to its capacity..details below.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1019664078503060/announcements/

Participant

Agree with those points Westyorksiron. I’m more interested in engaging with posts like that in the future that raise sensible points rather than these stupid witch hunts regarding particular posters and attempting to find out posters real names and quietening doubters

We’ve had the ‘burning torches’ and now it’s ‘witch hunts’ by folks who aren’t ‘sensible,’ Deerey. Just recently you professed to be ‘confused’ as to whether I believe in free speech. I know … from you and other posters..that there are some bad ‘uns on Twitter and Facebook. But, at the risk of triggering outrage, you are coming across a bit ‘puritanical’ at present. A good few on here ..NI, IA , Ironfromafar and others..have accepted concerns but find the relentless negativity of a few posters clearly with an agenda tiresome to the pint of nauseating.
    Have another look at my reply to Westyorks. Is my first point about DH and dealing with emerging debt invalid?
    Is my concluding point about possible scenarios without DH not worthy of consideration?
    Let’s not berate others for doing what any of us ..including you .. can slip into.

Participant

ps in my youth I did have a few ‘pints’ of nauseating!!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

People got libeled as Paedos and had death threats for spreading such rumours, hope Dave’s followers don’t see this, can you imagine their dilemma ?

Not just the vile ‘mates of Dave’. Those who spent the last few weeks and months playing the ‘top fan’ berating anyone as not being true fans for having concerns, saying they’re all just rumours, telling them to go and support Grimsby and that they are undermining Hilton.

It’s good that Hilton has answered such concerns, and he should stick to his word, and has no excuses for not meeting it now. It has alleviated some of my worry, and there is some truth in what JI and others has said, in we don’t know what else we can do. One thing is not to turn on fans for raising concerns. Likewise, less of the aggro, as seen between Pat and SNOT lately.

A good post, all I would say is raising concerns is one thing, actively looking for issues just to cause shit is another, and making up rumours when we have all been through enough turmoil is another level again. I would also add posting cryptic posts claiming to have “inside knowledge” when they know nothing doesn’t help this situation.

One last thing SNOT is the one making stuff up, claiming I am in cahoots with other members of this site that I have never met and accusing me of being fake but not being able to back it up despite being asked a number of times tells you all you need to know about the man. Those of you siding with him have obviously never sat in the Malt Shovel and had to listen to the crap he spouts….I have!

I have no idea as to who he is, but I am seeing a lot of insults about this. I am including his insults towards you about being a fake.

I am no fan of the cryptic posts myself, but knew the supporter cap wasn’t a rumour, as aren’t the CCJs. Hilton has given his answer, it is welcomed, and he has no excuses now if this carries on.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t take my last post personally JI. If you look back you will find my post was only 1 min after yours. Our posts must have crossed and I was probably typing a response to Westyorksiron when you posted yours. I’m all for ‘making SUFC great again’ just prefer to move away from the Trumpesque singling out, ridiculing and insulting posters, or questioning their actual names and motives. 64 makes good points about this in the wider sphere and I don’t think it should be ignored or dismissed as easily as it appears to be by some.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

We’ve had the ‘burning torches’ and now it’s ‘witch hunts’ by folks who aren’t ‘sensible,’ Deerey. Just recently you professed to be ‘confused’ as to whether I believe in free speech. I know … from you and other posters..that there are some bad ‘uns on Twitter and Facebook. But, at the risk of triggering outrage, you are coming across a bit ‘puritanical’ at present. A good few on here ..NI, IA , Ironfromafar and others..have accepted concerns but find the relentless negativity of a few posters clearly with an agenda tiresome to the pint of nauseating.
    Have another look at my reply to Westyorks. Is my first point about DH and dealing with emerging debt invalid?
    Is my concluding point about possible scenarios without DH not worthy of consideration?
    Let’s not berate others for doing what any of us ..including you .. can slip into.

I can understand the curiosity about those who have taken an interest in the club; I am interested myself. I can understand how this can be tiring. However, some of the questioning of IB has been a bit like a ‘witch hunt’ and I don’t think it is vital. Ultimately, the person with a position of power is Hilton, not IB. I am not saying people have no right to question IB, and I suspect DM isn’t either, but people are allowed to disagree with what they see as a misguided effort. I see no free speech issue here.

Participant

It appears the ‘cap’ issue has been dealt with according to Ironfromafar. Agreed that existing CCJs need addressing. If new ones ’emerge’ would that be ‘inexcusable’, Sidey .. or could we accept that when sorting a mess we sometimes have to prioritise and ask for a bit of grace rather than character defamation at every emerging problem or a less than immediate response?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.