Typical of todays youth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Typical of todays youth

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Supposed to be a demo on 70 minutes, ,75 minutes it was. They just can’t get out of bed

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Did well to get on with all them steward’s, nice peaceful protest,well done to the the steward’s once they got through nothing heavy handed, not on to long did what they intended well done lads.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

stewards wwre as half arsed as the demonstrators, it was a perfect metaphor for the whole afternoon

2 users thanked author for this post.
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Well done to all the youth who demonstrated on the pitch.
    Should have happened months ago and they have certainly have put older fans to shame especially any who sat and shouted for them to get off the pitch.
    That 10 minutes on the pitch raised the profile of what’s happening at Scunthorpe United Football Club to national level.
    Any publicity is good publicity !
    All those who sat and jeered them all l will say is what are you doing to try and save our Club ?
    I was in the Main Stand and with others stood and applauded the youth and told a few objectors to do one !
    Sorry to say it could be to little to late but there’s always hope

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Certainly got plenty of attention; Good lads.

AndersonAnderson
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2017
    Topics: 5

We was having the upper hand.Looking to fight back. After this the players lost the plot. The game came close
    To be called off. Would they have paid the fine the club would have received from there pocket money ?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

There are few actions without downsides, but some might say the publicity is a price worth paying to put pressure on Swann.

Looking through a few other forums and it has made it on to there. None were discussing our plight when we didn’t.

Participant

We was having the upper hand.Looking to fight back. After this the players lost the plot. The game came close
    To be called off. Would they have paid the fine the club would have received from there pocket money ?

Looking to fight back? Jesus wept

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

There are few actions without downsides, but some might say the publicity is a price worth paying to put pressure on Swann.

Looking through a few other forums and it has made it on to there. None were discussing our plight when we didn’t.

Yes people will discuss our plight. However, they will do nothing to help us.

We discussed Bury and others on here – but did nothing.

Any activity by us supporters should have happened 12 months ago. It is now too little too late. And before all you keyboard warriors get carried away, no I haven’t got involved. I have neither the time nor the inclination.

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Must have missed the fighting back bit of the match !

3 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Cox on radio said we were in it until the fans came on and then they scored when they went off. Absolute bollocks
    spouted by someone who was part of the problem. Blaming fans for us losing is well below the belt – almost as spineless as those booing the young lads for peacefully protesting at the state of the club. Well done to those who protested.

Participant

Cox shouldn’t be an expert summariser when he was absolutely clueless as a manager- way out of his depth.

The fact he thought fans stopped any momentum when it was Woking piling on the pressure sums it up.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Agreed Gareth

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Epitaphs.
    When GP is demolished, what should the plaque say?
    The popularity of the retail park and therefore its continued expansion is the final nail in the coffin.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Any activity by us supporters should have happened 12 months ago. It is now too little too late. And before all you keyboard warriors get carried away, no I haven’t got involved. I have neither the time nor the inclination.

We knew what the masterplan was, someone we all know told us, but the nodding dogs on the supporters groups said nothing and the others ignored him because of his views.

As someone said on another forum, we’ve had 6 pitch invasions – 5 of which have been ridiculed.

400 more than the last home game, that’s probably just the ones who came to protest.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Must have missed the fighting back bit of the match !

It was the 90+ minutes when we didn’t have a shot on target, you can’t have missed all of it.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Well done to the ones able to protest yesterday, I would have loved to have join you but too old to get over the wall now. I applauded from the DRE whilst some people around were calling them idiots. Look at yourselves who really are the idiots the protesters or the people who stand back and do nowt. I totally support any kind of peaceful protests to help save our club.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Yes your right CMC in the main the extra 400 were there to protest, they’d given up at one point thought there were to many stewards. Pissed off with themselves the lads near me decided to give it a go and didn’t they do well. As for not being fans one of them is always at away games with Gareth so I’m not having that from anyone, they are the clubs future not the likes of BS sat at home with the radio and from what I can see it is in good hands if there is a club to support, I must admit I did really expect more stay aways to turn up.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Twelve months ago we were still (technically) an EFL club and the shit about Swann’s gambling hadn’t hit the fan.

A year is a long time in football!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Said it before, I dread to think what else there is we don’t know about yet, and wonder if we ever will?

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Snow, water, valid criticism, duck crap – it all slides off Swann’s back.
    How will this put any pressure on him at all? He’s not the chairman – he is the uninterested owner.
    It seems more likely that this man – never known to be stubborn, of course – can just sit back and smile.
    Punishments inevitable?
    I understand the frustration and would join any better thought out demonstrations.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

‘Better thought out’ protests, which appeal to those who want a more sanitised protest, are unlikely to get the media coverage and are unlikely to put pressure on Swann.

What the protest did was create coverage in the media. Demos through town, boycotts, turning backs on the game, mass leaving won’t.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013

What should we do? Have a sit down protest at a day care centre?

What they did was correct and after LT’s own goal there will
    be more joining in.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

All the news yesterday in the PL was about the Everton board being advised to stay away from the game for their own safety.

Plenty of footage of fans with banners protesting from the stands on MOTD.

No publicity is bad publicity don’t they say?

barriethomasbarriethomas
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013

For Scunthorpe United read Barnstoneworth United ( Ripping Yarns – Golden Gordon episode) At least it will cheer you up. Speaking for myself ( not for any organisation I belong to, and I belong to a few) I applaud the protests, remember the Suffragettes ?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

A heavy fine or points deduction is expected. We are little Scunny, nobody will care.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Evidence?, what happened to Oldham last season after their protest, look it up and report back how many points they got docked. A fine won’t be anything like £190,000 dodged tax payment and after all the crap we have had to put up with from ” you know who ” what is another financial extra for the liquidators to add to the charge sheet. Anyhow points mean nowt to most fans, just get rid of this leech masquerading as an owner and the vast majority will breath a heavy sigh of relief.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Grow some balls Anderson, whilst people like yourself sit and boo the few guys proyesting at what that prick has done to our club over the past six or sewven years, you obviously back his actions by coming out with shite like that. Scunny were outplayed once again like they are every bloody week, and people like you appear to be happy with it.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Grow some balls Anderson, whilst people like yourself sit and boo the few guys proyesting at what that prick has done to our club over the past six or sewven years, you obviously back his actions by coming out with shite like that. Scunny were outplayed once again like they are every bloody week, and people like you appear to be happy with it.

@ Anderson .. We could still be playing now and not have scored .. the stats dont lie remind me again how many goal attempts did Scunny manage ?

This whole dreadful saga has got past the being a crap football side .. its about saving the club due to one mans greed selfishness and stupidity.. i for one cant see how any professional football player could give 100% memtally with all the sh8t thats going on off the feild .. lack of stability means players will be looking to jump ship asap not caring or playing with an desire .. with the exception of a few of the youngsters whom have come through the juniors etc and know nothing else.

Well done to the PEACEFUL PROTESTORS .. and those booing them or questioning their actions including Lee Turnbill should be ashamed.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

Your right, best bet is to sit on your arse and do nothing while the club goes to the wall like you and the old farts whinging near me!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.