Turnbull’s statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Turnbull’s statement

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

2 things need to happen to set us on the right road.
    1. The Club needs to be in a better position than when Mr Swann arrived, as promised.
    2. The ground needs to be returned to The Club, as promised.
    Anything else I’m prepared to overlook. My breath, however, is not being held.

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

I do not go into the bar to talk to Lee Turnbull so some of you may be privy to what might be going on.
    If anyone knows. Can they tell me please. I do not want apologies I just want to know from the club and management what the plan is for next year. Are we looking at new players ? Are we looking at old players. Will we have any players ? How are we going to spend the money we get from the Football League. Simply WTF is going on to get us back into the league. I can then make a decision as to whether I buy a season ticket. The new season will be here before we know it & at this rate we will still be none the wiser.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Not sure you should give Lee your respect Deerey i was only inside with him for 5 mins at the pub, it was to nice to be sat inside, that’s why my friend could moan about Lee I mean you couldn’t expect him to go inside and see him could you. Funnily enough no feminist issues were raised while I was there nor lbgtq+ black lives matter the knee or the war in Ukraine. Though we did all look across when a girl with big tits walked in.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

2 things need to happen to set us on the right road.
    1. The Club needs to be in a better position than when Mr Swann arrived, as promised.
    2. The ground needs to be returned to The Club, as promised.
    Anything else I’m prepared to overlook. My breath, however, is not being held.

Exactly, first and foremost Swann needs to come out and say wether the ground belongs to Scunthorpe United or him personally, we can’t possibly move forwards without knowing.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The ground is owned by Coolsilk.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant

And who owns Coolsilk ?

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant

A bit off the point really, I’m sure I read that the ground was put into coolsilk ownership only because it was easier to get loans that way and it would be returned to the club at a later date ?

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I’m reserving my judgment until I see Swann selling the club and returning the ground and assets to Scunthorpe United f.c. which is where it belongs, not in the ownership of Coolsilk. Who is Coolsilk, pure and simply Swann and his wife. Apparently his wife is the one holding the purse strings and can anyone imagine her wanting to give the ground and assets back and walk away. The Swanns are still directors and in my opinion at present I believe Lee Turnbull has been brought in to be the frontman taking the flak for Swann who won’t want to be in the firing line. Let’s be honest when does he care to accept responsibility for what our Club has become. Who is paying LTs wages? Whose decision was it to bring him in. Its still smoke and mirrors. Where is the consortium/buyer? As I said at the beginning once we have a buyer and our ground back I will then make a judgment as at this present time nothing has changed. We will purchase our season tickets when this happens, not on just words, which could be true or false.

ironkingironking
    Participant
    Registered On: October 8, 2014
    Topics: 71

What could the poor b####### say, he was put in so that he took the flack whilst Ernest hid in his bunker.

Disappointed he is getting stick when we should be rolling the shit back up hill where it firmly belongs.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

IA said ‘Narcissists are never sorry, they don’t understand the terminology, their brains aren’t wired that way. EG Donald Trump’

Id nearly forgotten about him until you brought him up,IA. Do you think about him alot? Thank goodness the US and the World now have honest Uncle Joe, family and friends running the free world.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Joe Biden is a lot better for what is happening in Ukraine. God knows what stance the US would have taken under Trump, with his Russian sympathies, and describing of Putin’s invasion as genius. :-)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Spoke to Lee Turnbull at Orient.
    He was full of enthusiasm and ideas for the future of our Club.
    Problem is as I see it Swann owns the Club so is Lees employer so Lee might be full of enthusiasm etc but ultimately like any other employee will only be allowed to do what Swann will let him do.
    While Swann owns the Club he will also control the finances etc.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

Is there a definitive list somewhere of all broken promises?

If you want a starting point, have a look at the Q&As he did in the first few months after taking over, plenty to go at there.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Sorry, Fe. I do understand. But I’m far too bone idle to take on a task of that magnitude!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2013/september/chairman-qa/

I reckon we can say that the M181 slip & maybe the renamed exec boxes are about all that can be ticked off that list…

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

IA said ‘Narcissists are never sorry, they don’t understand the terminology, their brains aren’t wired that way. EG Donald Trump’

Id nearly forgotten about him until you brought him up,IA. Do you think about him alot? Thank goodness the US and the World now have honest Uncle Joe, family and friends running the free world.

I think about him when another person with power show signs of narcissistic behaviour as Trump is the modern day ultimate example of a fantastically wealthy individual ( courtesy of his late father’s legacy ) who f***s up and lies continually but blame others rather than himself. As for Uncle Joe despite his faults I don’t believe he lies to the American public or the rest of the free world on a regular basis to attempt to blame others or curry favour. Just my opinion JI.

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Thanks IA. Its just that I noticed you mention the Donald quite alot whenever the opportunity arises. If you dont believe that Uncle Joe ‘lies to the US public and the rest of the world on a regular basis’ then you ain’t been paying attention. Thats my opinion …but at least I know we have the same one about Mr Swann.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Thanks JI and this is why we need non football back but rather like the bloated orange faced American, Matt seems to have forgotten what he said a few months back. Hope he’s not going to blame others for that one.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

I can’t see any reason in the above exchanges or a few others why Matt would feel inclined to bring back the non-footy side. Just sayin…

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Anyone who thinks Joe Biden is in the same league as Trump for sheer narcissism, corruption and disregard for the truth must be living in a parallel universe. :-)

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

The problem I have is Swann believes that peddling out these people somehow absolves him of his responsibility – I have noticed some criticism of Simon Elliot and now Lee Turnbull – but they were (have been) sold a pup and have been used by Swann based on their love of the club and he has taken advantage of that for purely selfish reasons. You could argue that both should not accept any role under this regime but I am sure they both thought they could help connect with the fans but everything at the club is rotten and the task thankless. I just hope recruitment is commenced under a new regime because the thought of another 44 players being used under the Will Swann sh*tshow doesn’t bear thinking about

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

But it was promised that the non footy would be brought back, promise’s promise’s.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.