Turnbull Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Turnbull Statement

• Author
    emmjayPeter Promise
    Participant
    Registered On: June 15, 2017
    Topics: 7

Turnbull showed his true colours.He is after all Swann`s paid mouthpiece.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Hawks11Hawks11
    Participant
    Registered On: August 16, 2017
    Topics: 2

Credit to Nelson, his comments were spot on. His comments also show he was completely unaware that Turnbull’s statement was coming.
    Turnbull says Nelson was ‘disappointed’ with the protest but Nelson’s own words show he wasn’t. Think Turnbull has done some great work since his arrival but that statement came across like a Swann Puppet Statement. He could’ve quite easily said he disagreed with the protest and chosen much better wording and at least offered some understanding. Poor from him and poor from the club.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Blooming Eck Mick you must have splinters in your bum. When you see or talk to your mate Turnbullsh t just mention how wrong he’s got this and you need to stop sitting on the fence either your for or against protests but remember doing nowt will see the end of SUFC as we know it.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Let’s be right he’s hanging onto his job after that statement, only here for the money after all then.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

We were sat in the main stand as usual with our season tickets yesterday. I can categorically say that it was only a minority who were against the protest. We and others were clapping and shouting “WE WANT SWANNY OUT” which I am sure all of our supporters want him out too. We’ll done lads in the DRE. Let’s hope more follow next time. I think maybe a sit in after the match or before would be good. We definitely need more organised protests. WELL DONE!!!!!!

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

I am in agreement with protest but Swann does not go.I think he is frightened of the supporters

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

Love the Nelson statement/ interview ” I’m not going to tell them there wrong doing it” “it’s their club they’ve been here longer than me and have every right to do what they want. Sacking him in the morning Lee?.

Fanbanter.co.uk have a piece now on Turnbull’s statement going down well.

Scunthorpe cause yet more outrage after breaking silence with statement on pitch invasion

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Blooming Eck Mick you must have splinters in your bum. When you see or talk to your mate Turnbullsh t just mention how wrong he’s got this and you need to stop sitting on the fence either your for or against protests but remember doing nowt will see the end of SUFC as we know it.

No offence, but I don’t think that’s fair. Personally, I agree with the protesters, but I accept that not everyone agrees with what happened yesterday. Neither booing or applauding them shouldn’t be called out, particularly those conflicted with personal connections to Lee (whatever you think about him). We all know who the problem is. Don’t give him the satisfaction of seeing more division between supporters. Mick said he understands why they did it. That should be enough, in my opinion. I’d prefer we didn’t scapegoat each other. It’s not going to help. And I apologise to wondergoals and awaywego for having a go at them in recent days, merely for expressing their opinions.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Wow just read LTs bollocks … after working so hard and getting the trust and backing of the fans hes now blown it with this statement in which he fails in every way possible to see it from the fans side…preferring to deflect blame from swan thus keeping his position as errand boy.

Lee .. respected you for many years but alas you appear to have chosen sides .. after a total lack of fan updates on anything meaningful (only rallying cries for support) this latest statement should be your second last .. the next should be your resignation as you are not making one iota of difference to where this club is heading..

Claret n Blue running through yer veins .. my arse.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

what else can he say,

He could have said, I understand the fans frustration, but a pitch invasion is not the answer and left it at that, all the rest of bile he spouted was bang out of order, he’s lost my support now he can piss off with Swann as far as I’m concerned!

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Sorry MM if I offended you it wasn’t meant that way. I just think people should be for or against trying to save our club.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I know this won’t be a popular viewpoint, but I’d just ask you to consider this.
    If the man who pays your wages instructs you to issue a prepared statement and failure to do so costs you your job, what would YOU do?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Resign and become a car salesman, after all the spiel he came out to the fans whenever we met him, but when the shit hits the fan nothing! Then yesterday. Lots of war criminals say they had no option but Turnbull won’t get shot like they would have.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Does LT read this forum ?? if so even though hes in a tricky spot i hope he realizes this is the time to get his tongue out of Swans arse and in the name of pride take a hit even if it means he gets fired or steps down.

He must be either considering jacking in or hanging on for a few more salaries for being Swans rent boy puppet and judging by the most recent (Swan prepared) statement its the latter.

I find it hard to believe Nelson and the players were fazed n unhappy re the peaceful pitch protest ..they must realize just how sad and frustrated Scunny fans have become.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

I see at 4:30 pm on radio humberside they announced that Turnbull was going to be on sportstalk at 6 pm. However at 6 pm something happened which prevented the Turnbull interview as he was suddenly unavailable. Am guessing his employer said ‘No’

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Do you think the staff will get paid at the end of the month?

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Sorry MM if I offended you it wasn’t meant that way. I just think people should be for or against trying to save our club.

no need a apologise, I had a text chat with Lee yesterday because I only text him when I am concerned and twice in a week, first time since beginning of the season and told I and a lot of other people were not happy with the wording of the statement and asked if he would do another to calm supporters and tell them what is happening, he said he had to do it to try to soften sanctions from the FA, NL and the Police because if he didn’t the would hammer the club, Bristol Rovers were fined £16500 for the pitch invasion against us, he said it could impact a new owner from taking over the club, he told me more on what was happening but have to keep that to myself, he said regarding the club not mentioning the winding up order they haven’t received the official letters from the HMRC so until then… ,but the pitch invasion upset a lot of people who work at the club and though it was done peacefully with good intentions it is still against the law in any sport for spectators to set foot on the arena and this season after trouble in a number of games at all levels the punishment for clubs and supporters has got bigger, regarding if anyone got arrested I never saw anyone but whether they look at CCTV or not I don’t know but by his answers I think it really knocked him Saturday , and also you have to remember he is employed at the club so has to abide with the rules of the FA and NL, and I expect the Referee and possibly Woking as well will send in reports, at least the troubles caused a lot of media attention and will probably get Peter Swann moving quicker but like everyone else I want Simon and Ian in charge.
    And please don’t shoot the messenger, I only contact him when I am concerned, I am not a Spy or a friend of Lee and just try get some info.
    Also Lee was waiting for a response from the Iron Trust regarding the pitch invasion because they put a newsletter out explaining the consequences.
    But hopes the takeover is soon and it refocuses the Supporters.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I’m beginning to suspect we might not finish the season how things are going?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

no need a apologise, I had a text chat with Lee yesterday because I only text him when I am concerned and twice in a week, first time since beginning of the season and told I and a lot of other people were not happy with the wording of the statement and asked if he would do another to calm supporters and tell them what is happening, he said he had to do it to try to soften sanctions from the FA, NL and the Police because if he didn’t the would hammer the club, Bristol Rovers were fined £16500 for the pitch invasion against us, he said it could impact a new owner from taking over the club, he told me more on what was happening but have to keep that to myself, he said regarding the club not mentioning the winding up order they haven’t received the official letters from the HMRC so until then… ,but the pitch invasion upset a lot of people who work at the club and though it was done peacefully with good intentions it is still against the law in any sport for spectators to set foot on the arena and this season after trouble in a number of games at all levels the punishment for clubs and supporters has got bigger, regarding if anyone got arrested I never saw anyone but whether they look at CCTV or not I don’t know but by his answers I think it really knocked him Saturday , and also you have to remember he is employed at the club so has to abide with the rules of the FA and NL, and I expect the Referee and possibly Woking as well will send in reports, at least the troubles caused a lot of media attention and will probably get Peter Swann moving quicker but like everyone else I want Simon and Ian in charge.
    And please don’t shoot the messenger, I only contact him when I am concerned, I am not a Spy or a friend of Lee and just try get some info.
    Also Lee was waiting for a response from the Iron Trust regarding the pitch invasion because they put a newsletter out explaining the consequences.
    But hopes the takeover is soon and it refocuses the Supporters.

Thanks for relaying. I do have some sympathy with Lee given the awkwardness it puts him under. However, he could have worded that much better (as he may realise now) and while I can understand their disappointment, it would have been nice if it was the other way. Supporters have been in dismay for months upon months and these saddened staff have not been good enough at communication over the situation.

I get that they can’t tell all, but something would be better than nothing. All we’ve had are rumours and cryptic talk of things working out, but it never does. Fans are bound to get restless and they’re not going to believe and place trust in Lee or others if they make out things will be ok, just wait and see, if it just deteriorates.

Participant

His name should be LEE TURNCOAT. Disgraceful, we haven’t heard anything from him for weeks. All these weeks fans have been feeling rock bottom about what’s happening with our Club. Then the late wage payment which TURNCOAT even denied. Then now we have a winding up order for non-payment to HMWC. Utter silence from TURNCOAT. No excuses!!!!!!!

Participant

As soon as our supporters have a peaceful demonstration TURNCOAT comes out of the woodwork and actually gives a statement. Saying the police will come door knocking. Clear off with Swann TURNCOAT!!!!!!

Participant

Wasn’t the wages paid the same afternoon, in fact the last one was paid early

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Under the circumstances mick I think most on here will recognise the difficulties you face with regards your relationship with LT but you will also realise the strength of feeling against him now from a lot of supporters after that statement. Whether it’s in his job description or not he can’t have it both ways when it comes to SUFC, the fans are sick to death of the owner and how he has run this club down and run roughshod over it’s fanbase and lack of information is just about the final straw for a lot of people. If this club goes to the wall then people will say it was the owners intention all along once he got the club and himself into financial difficulty through sheer stupidity and if the club goes down then LT will go down with it after recent events.

Participant

It is a difficult situation and agree with you about Peter Swann, to me he should have sold it after the season we nearly we went to championship and I think we would still be in League Football and he would probably got more money for it.
    I have known Lee for a few years but only on a football basis and do believe he should have done a statement for the authorities and a different one for supporter’s , but think he was angry when he wrote it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

LT has had more clubs than Seve (Ballesteros).
    He’ll resurface elsewhere should he go.

Participant

Does LT read this forum ?? if so even though hes in a tricky spot i hope he realizes this is the time to get his tongue out of Swans arse and in the name of pride take a hit even if it means he gets fired or steps down.

He must be either considering jacking in or hanging on for a few more salaries for being Swans rent boy puppet and judging by the most recent (Swan prepared) statement its the latter.

I find it hard to believe Nelson and the players were fazed n unhappy re the peaceful pitch protest ..they must realize just how sad and frustrated Scunny fans have become.

I get the impression he doesn’t read, bru, Twitter or Facebook, but imagine he gets information from staff who work there.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Yes the wages were paid that afternoon Mick but he made out there was no problem when quite obviously there was, I and others stuck up for him and he made us look like right mugs, why would anyone believe anything he says again?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Writing in anger invariably comes back to bite you, I angrily responded to III on the Humberside Police thread and I see both offending words from his post and mine have been removed which is completely correct but in the case of LT I fear he may have burned his bridges with a lot of supporters and it’s just another reflection on how the SUFC saga appears to be turning into total unretrievable crap. It’s all very sad and has been so unnecessary if the club had been in proper capable hands in the first place. This current guy in charge has never been capable IMO and we are seeing the reasons why.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.