Turnbull Statement

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Turnbull Statement

• Author
    rightfootofameobirightfootofameobi
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021
    Topics: 2

I’m actually fuming having read this. No official statement re: winding up order to keep the fans informed but as soon as someone protest about his mate Peter then that’s the time to make a statement

I genuinely wonder if the majority were against the protest as Lee suggests, to say it impacted the team is also rubbish – we were poor yesterday and never getting back into it.

You’ve showed where you stand Lee, right beside Peter. Do the decent thing and resign!!

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

https://twitter.com/SUFCOfficial/status/1614586496387891200?t=i9AntVipXAUoU_roz1k86g&s=19
    Disgrace Turnbull where was the statement about the winding up order?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

He should seriously consider his position at SUFC after this statement, completely out of touch with how a lot of fans feel. Desperate times all round.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 106

Lee has told me a few days ago he can’t make any statements about the winding up order or the sale of the club because any statements will come from Begbies Traynor, and the winding up order isn’t a problem at the moment, he said Southend have had 17 up to now.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Understand you’ve got to release some form of statement to appease the FA but that is complete garbage.

He’s lost the supporters now.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

he is saying it as a club employee, what else can he say, personally he hopes it gets settled soon but I don’t like protests like that yesterday but can understand why they did it and it was peaceful but would probably been better at the final whistle, I know a lot of fans in our stand booed the protesters and gestured them to get off the pitch but I wasn’t one of them, but didn’t clap them either.

Participant

Absolutely iron-awe he should step down immediately if it’s true what he says about claret and blue blood running through his veins then he should resign and show he is with Scunthorpe and not the Swann’s then I would have no problem in welcoming him back in some capacity once a takeover does happen.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Lee has told me a few days ago he can’t make any statements about the winding up order or the sale of the club because any statements will come from Begbies Traynor, and the winding up order isn’t a problem at the moment, he said Southend have had 17 up to now.

What about the Transfer Embargo’s ? These were being answered by Michael Nelson before Begbies Traynor – he should be taking that pressure of the Manager.

The statement yet again blames the fans – the blame is solely the property of Peter Swann.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

He’d lost me after Barnet and the first slow wage payment on which I believed him, right behind him from when he came back and my posts back that up, but at the same time I told him personally were not interested in words it’s the deeds and actions that count, Larry let down I’m afraid get yourself gone, maybe another song there “I don’t care about Turnbull”. Hope Misterton Mick will have a word he does seem to speak to him. I will if I see him but can’t imagine he’s going to turn up at any away gatherings anymore.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Come on SJ you met him on Donny station that day and listened to what turns out to be the bollocks he told us.

Participant

Southend United put plenty of statements out regarding the winding up orders they have received and as sanfran mentions there was no word from the club about transfer embargoes, complete radio silence from the club until it comes to attacking the fans.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

After the final whistle wouldn’t have got any way near the media attention it got during the game Mick.

Participant

he is saying it as a club employee, what else can he say, personally he hopes it gets settled soon but I don’t like protests like that yesterday but can understand why they did it and it was peaceful but would probably been better at the final whistle, I know a lot of fans in our stand booed the protesters and gestured them to get off the pitch but I wasn’t one of them, but didn’t clap them either.

It’s tone deaf, Mick. Insinuating supporters were to blame for the team’s performance afterwards when they were well beaten and everyone in the ground knew it.

He also said the majority of supporters were dismayed, I was sat in the main stand and it certainly wasn’t a majority, nevermind the DRE.

It’s a criminal offence so that can’t be condoned by the club, but the supporters were peaceful in nature and should not be threatened with police action. It’s a different ball game if they are threatening away fans or causing criminal damage.

In fact, everything is wrong with the statement and I’m completely disgusted by it to be honest. I’ve defended Lee on here and to other fans in person, however won’t be doing so in the future.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 80

This appears to be the last time points or suspended points were imposed by the FA:

1996/97 Brighton Division 3

2 points deducted for pitch invasions

When Brighton fans, protesting at the proposed move from their Goldstone ground home, invaded the pitch for the match against York City on Saturday April 27th 1996 they forced the abandonment of the match.
    The club suffered a suspended three point penalty.

In 1996/97 Brighton fans again protested with a pitch invasion in the match against Lincoln City on Tuesday 1st October 1996 and were punished with losing two of the three points from that suspended sentence.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Then you’ve got Simon trying to keep fans in the loop due to the club radio silence and it’s possibly winding up Swann. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Southend United put plenty of statements out regarding the winding up orders they have received and as sanfran mentions there was no word from the club about transfer embargoes, complete radio silence from the club until it comes to attacking the fans.

They are pathetic. Full of excuses for why they can’t communicate a single thing and have no accountability. Yet they jump the gun every time to attack the fans. They cannot condone the protests, but some understanding would go some way when emotions have been boiling over, exacerbated by the lack of information. I get NDAs and such exclude us from knowing everything, but some messaging of support and information would go some way to us thinking they give a damn about the support base.

Every time they downplay it, saying a deal is close, there’s nothing to worry about. Even now Turnbull’s apparently making out the winding up order is nothing because Southend have had 17, according to MM. It may not be the end yet, but it’s not nothing; healthy clubs don’t go through this. That comment to MM is revealing as to how the fans’ concerns are being treated. The more Lee and others bury their heads in the sand and ignore fan concerns the more the relationship between club and fanbase will sever.

It’s not good enough to say how everything’s fine, and then shift the goalposts when winding up orders are issued and make out the fanbase are being OTT.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Well done to the young lads who went on the pitch.
    You have achieved more in that 10 minutes than months of no action and talk or rather lack of it by the Supporters Organisations.
    They have achieved in bringing what’s happening to our Club to the whole country.
    Obviously as soon as this happens Mr Turnbull who is Mr Swanns employee so does as he is told like any employee puts out a statement.
    As for any police involvement with the fans who went on the pitch in the future shame on him for even mentioning it.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Suppose the gloves will be off at the next home game not like a points deduction will effect our league position, like showing a red flag to a bull imo, I can only imagine protests getting worse, sure the lads will have figured it out now that it was piss easy to encroach from the east and west stands.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Well Oldham weren’t deducted points were they for last season’s crowd stoppage and I believe they were on the pitch a lot longer and the game was finished behind closed doors. Any points deduction would be hypocritical if such was the case here. There will be plenty of time for points deductions if or when we enter administration, I genuinely believe most fans don’t give a flying f*** about points deductions, they just want a change of ownership, more information released by the club and a fresh start.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Wonder if Nelson got a bollocking after saying on radio after yesterday’s game that ” the fans have been here longer then me, they are entitled to protest how they want”, in response to being asked about his views on the pitch invasion. Doesn’t marry up with Turnbull’s jaundiced view on Nelson and the players being thoroughly disappointed with what happened. More like thoroughly disappointed in the reasons that have led to the disruption. In a small way Nelson sort of let his feelings be known about affairs at the club being not right by his few words on the interview.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Love the Nelson statement/ interview ” I’m not going to tell them there wrong doing it” “it’s their club they’ve been here longer than me and have every right to do what they want. Sacking him in the morning Lee?. Fanbanter.co.uk have a piece now on Turnbull’s statement going down well.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry Ironawe just echoed that on another thread.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The club have completely contradicted Nelson they have got it so so wrong on all levels.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

They lurch from one PR disaster to the next

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

It was good to see the Scunny supporters making their protest, it is something that should have been done well before now, this evil creep has distroyed SUFC and seems to have enjoyed does so, he has shown complete contempt for the club and even more so for its fans, qand has done his best to see the club sink.

For anyone to condemn these guys as Mick says happened in the stand that he was in is one of the reasons why Swann has got away with all the problems that our club has gone through, and no Mick “after the final whisle would have been a complete waste of time”.

These protesters have endured five years of turning out week in week out watching boring relegations, playing rubbish unentertaining so called football, under managers and coaches that have not had a clue on how to change things, a club owner that has had no interest, and even stays away from attending games, they have dropped from being at the top of league 1 into certainty of sixth teer football next season, they supoport a club which has lost its stadium, has a debt of £12 Million, have an FA embargo on them, now a winding up order from the Tax man, they are bottom of the National League with one win out of thirteen matches, and not knowing when their club will fold.

So do not worry about any point deduction, they are certain to be relegated as it is, and I hope these guys continue with their protests, and that more join in and show their feeling against this evil gambler, I just wish that I was not in my 80s and could join them, but I said two years ago, whilst Swann is still there, I shall never set foot in GP, I detest the excuse for a man so very much.

Participant

Well said BS this latest statement will be sure to increase future protests.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    timelordtimelord
    Participant
    Registered On: March 23, 2022
    Topics: 0

There was no points deduction at the end of Donny Rover’s season in 97/8 although it wouldn’t have made a difference, when their fans invaded the pitch at the last game.

Participant

Never seen such collective anger and disbelief from our supporters. Turnbull has misjudged this big time.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Could see it ending up like at Everton yesterday, especially if the police do end up calling.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

The spinelessness of the statement is beyond me. Turnbull knew it was
    mainly young lads so his motive was to think he can scare them by mentioning the police and arrests –
    pathetic. LT spent months getting fans on side and wiped this out and more in a few lines on an ill thought through comm. He can do one for me now.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.