Torquay United

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace Torquay United

• Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

It’s a long flight for The Gulls on Saturday.
    I’d stay at home boys.
    Scunny 2-1 Gulls

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

This is their ninth season in their second spell outside the EFL.

The 07-08 & 08-09 (P Off W) seasons was their first taste at this level before returning to the EFL by the play offs.

14-15 saw them commence their second spell in the NL.

In 17-18 they were relegated to the NLS.

18-19 saw them finish as NLS Champions and a return to the NL.

Relegation and a return to NLS looks likely this season.

Always IronAlways Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: March 26, 2014
    Topics: 4

Such a shame, nothing better than a weekend in the Cornish Riviera. Oh well, we’ll have to settle for Buxton.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

Throw the proverbial kitchen sink at them F ALL to lose were already doomed.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Easy peasy lemon squeeze. But shan’t be there to see it myself.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Nervous guys?
    If we had a settled team, I’d say we’d pip it 2-1.

However, we don’t have a settled team.
    Our Pip Jimbobiola throws a different set of Christian’s to the lions every game.

Looks like another draw?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

RH commentary
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f8vy6b

BBC Radio Devon
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f8fd51

National League TV
    https://www.nationalleaguetv.com/

2 users thanked author for this post.
    bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

If the guys are set up to go all out for the three points by having two up front and have wingers, there is no reason why we cannot get a 3-1 win at least, but after throwing two points away last week at York, when it appeared that Scunny waisted time and played out the game for a pointless point, who knows???.

Three points today will not make any difference to the dire position we are in, as relegation is 99% ashored, but it would give our suffering supporters a bit of cheer, after these past 4 or 5 years of utter shite!. Who would have thought that SUFC could have sank so low after that very long time in the football league, I wonder how Swann is feeling right now??? the evil creep has guided us into this sad state, but it will be the fans fault by his recogning!!!.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Thanks for the commentary link again Rene ..much appreciated.

Prediction time in yet another must win fixture that we probably wont win.

Heart says 3-1 Scunny
    Head says 1-1

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

just seen the starting line up and only going with Bennett up front again .. Elliot should be in, at what point will JD realize its time to set up to attack and go for it.

Ferris starts
    Pugh on bench

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Free radio commentary

TUFC Radio

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021

Jimmy Dean tactically inept.. totally out his depth .. clueless

premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

One of the worst performances I have seen from a SUFC team in a long while

3 users thanked author for this post.
    lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

This was one of the worst examples of passing the ball that I’ve seen this season.
    We appear to have better players than we had previously but this display simply stank!
    Thank goodness the final vestige of hope has now caught the last train to Clarksville.
    Hate to say it but could Coxy have done worse?

another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022
    Topics: 1

Well was happy club was saved still expected relegation but never ever did I expect to see such a lazy couldn’t care less performance not once but three times on the trot! I hope that something changes in the culture at the club and we can regroup next season but have been saying that for last four seasons at least.

ScunnyblueScunnyblue
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2021

Better players Lesgeo !!! Yeah ok are you going to the same games as me

tonkatonka
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 9

Not playing 2 up front when you need a win is mind boggling, obviously afraid of getting thumped,but give it ago at least its cheating the fans otherwise, today was utter dross,like many on here is the manager out of his depth ,at the the moment you would have to say yes.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    SupermickSupermick
    Participant
    Registered On: April 16, 2022

Oh dear that wasn’t very good

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Jimmy Dean tactically inept.. totally out his depth .. clueless

A game we needed to win so:-
    – go 1 up front
    DSF right and Wilson left working well so:-
    – change them over
    Need to use subs to change the game so:-
    – go like for like
    Motivation and innovation needed so:-
    Where was it?

Back to the 5 and Dime or Yaxley – your choice.
    (Posting this gives me no pleasure, I tried to support and I can’t say “I told you so” – I didn’t.)

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Disgusting performance.

Dean needs to accept some responsibility for that show and not deflect on the players. We put in a great performance against Wealdstone with Shrimpton and Pugh excelling, we then sign 2 centre mids and it’s back to the bench for those lads.

How can you sign 12 players mid season and expect them to genuinely give a shit whether we stay up or don’t ? How can you expect them to gel and resemble anything like a professional team?

It’s an absurd strategy and it has been the same for the past 5 years.

Stop signing f**king players for the sake of it and show some vision and strategy.

Only positive is we’ve now got plenty of time for the new regime to identify players for NLN. We get this wrong again and it may be the end altogether.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Part time manager, part time owner. Expected nothing less than managed relegation. Both way out of their depth. Pugh and shrimptom play well win 4-1 nowhere near the first team since. This is not going to end well – merely delaying the inevitable from Swann’s tenure

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017

A good workman doesn’t blame his tools and we certainly have some tools playing for us. The buck stops with you JD you picked the team and asked them to play to your instructions. More effort and commitment from Pughy than anyone else and he’s your third sub at least half an hour to late for a struggling Wilson. Either you need to learn very quickly or ship out. Don’t even get me started on one up front in a must win game.

ironinsideriron insider
    Blocked
    Registered On: August 19, 2019
    Topics: 29

A disgraceful interview from Jimmy. Time to go

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Prediction – if Jimbob is steering the ship next season then we will be floundering yet again.

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Did I imagine it but were the Torquay players out on their heels for the last ten minutes, having put in a real shift? Ours weren’t because we didn’t.

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

An appalling interview. Listening to that you wouldn’t believe that Jimmy Dean had anything to do with what went on out there.

This was not a one-off. We have seen it far too often recently.

The problem we have is that he is likely to stay. Do we expect the players to play for him? He’s thrown them under the bus and is likely to see a reaction – negative!!

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

Well guys, I really thought that the team would turn up and give their all today, we were playing another relegation placed team, another team just as bad as the one during the week against York, so what happened, they are set up with ONE UP BLOODY FRONT again, we had to win at York, and we had to win against Torquay today, but there is no fight or passion in the club what so ever, they just don’t give a toss about our once great little club!!!!.
    The team cannot even score a goal and do not create chances anymore, I just cannot see why there are 3,500 fans that turn up to watch a team that do not appear to be interested in playing for it, this pathetic team (managers, coaches and players) even had a total of over 2,500 travel to our last two away matches, and the team have not even scored a bloody goal in the last three matches, I am sick to see the team I have followed for 70 years turn out like it has, I am just pleased that I called it a day of actually turning up to watch such crap.

I listened to it on RH, and the only one that did score big was Neil Cox, he managed to score (91 rEElly or rEElly – rEElly’s) during the game, where as he only scored 64 in the last game, but in both matches he managed the full bloody 90 miniutes of moaning.

Well although relegation was cut and dried before today, the final nail was hammered in by the team and management at GP today, just think, a must , must win game and playing at home against a fellow relegation team and set up with one up bloody front, it was criminal!!!

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

What on earth is this?!!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

8 out of 11 of those players who started against Torquay are his players and he has the profile of striker he said himself he’s wanted since he’s been here. Dean needs to take responsibility because it’s not all the players fault.

Did they tell him to field that crap formation with one substandard lump upfront ?
    Did they tell him not to use Elliot correctly, despite him being the only striker with any kind of track record ?
    Did they tell him to be ultra negative in a bid to stay up ?
    Did they tell him to constantly make shite substitutions which make no sense in the situation we’re in ?
    Did they tell him to drop Shrimpton and Pugh after singing their praises for two players that aren’t even match fit ?

Dean needs to look in the mirror and blame himself because he’s been utter tripe. To say he’s looked completely out of his depth is an understatement. That’s not me being unfair either, I’m just being honest.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Well i said the result will depend on which Iron turn up and obviously the “dont give a toss attitude bunch” we saw at Notts n York took to the field and were rightly so beaten by another struggling crap side who just wanted it more…

JDs tactics n decision making is very suspect, too many players who on loan , short contracts who dont give a shit… no goals in this team and when manage to get a sniff of a chance its missed

DISGRACEFUL TODAY , EMBARASSED TO CALL MYSELF A SCUNNY FAN

Another good attendance badly let down yet again with a sub standard performance in every way.

Respect to the 158 Torquay fans long trip but worth it .

NLN it is then.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.