This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

• Author
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I wonder if the narrative that honest Dave was trying to save the club will last after The Athletic part 2. I suspect such claims will lookeven sillier.

He will have absolutely zero credibility, the misguided notion that he was trying to save the club will be totally blown out of the water – and many of those who cling to it like a pride-raft for their ego are going to struggle to cope.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Thought people would have realised by now that continuing to hail Hilton as a saviour really isn’t going to age well.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

No, you’re right and his true colours have been revealed. However, had he not stepped in in January where would we be now. He bought us some time.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Sorry I can only go on what St Simon printed on the tuther side, like I say if he was lying he owes an apology to everyone and especially to Sharp maybe fisty cuffs in the boardroom, if like siderite and others are claiming it was a loan it wouldn’t be a good start for him on the board to ask for it back but then again a bit 2 faced as he asked Hilton for it back. I’ll leave you to to decide loan or gift either way apologies needed all round.

Please provide a link to Simon Elliott’s comments. Hilton’s on record as saying it was a gift/donation but if you look at the video, I thought he was far from convincing on the subject.

The likeliness of the transaction involving Ian Sharp and the club was that the funds were transferred on the basis of the local consortium being successful in acquiring the club and stadium from Swann. Sharp, Swann and the club’s lawyers will be able to confirm. If the funds which sharp provided to the club was a loan, then regardless of who the owner of the club is, Scunthorpe United is liable for its repayment as per the terms and conditions.

The fact that Sharp is now a member of the new board suggests to me that he’s now happy to leave his funds in the club. One less creditor and legal battle to deal with. Some might consider it as a win-win situation.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The link is the tuther side, plenty on here saw it and I do believe St Simon said in an interview, shouldn’t be to hard to find for someone like you you’ve found plenty enough before.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

No, you’re right and his true colours have been revealed. However, had he not stepped in in January where would we be now. He bought us some time.

We now have (more or less) the board we would have had in January, before Hilton gazumped…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

… my point being, if they ‘save us’ now then they would have done the same back then, though there would have been much less saving to do.

Wait for The Athletic’s next article for an appraisal of the situation resulting from the damage done by Hilton – although Matt Slater gave a précis on Twitter.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Of course he wasn’t a savior he crumbled far to easily, told me he could take the rough and tumble but obviously he couldn’t. What where is true colours Cass.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Thank God he crumbled too easily. We’d be in a worse position with him.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

as much as we don’t like the fraudster, it’s to be hoped the next article is a damp squib, any real issues will have enormous consequences for the club to sort out

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

“Gazumped” now that’s a downright lie. Link in Iron Bru news archive, they withdrew from buying the club on the 19th January way before we’d even heard the name David Hilton.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

“Gazumped” now that’s a downright lie. Link in Iron Bru news archive, they withdrew from buying the club on the 19th January way before we’d even heard the name David Hilton.

You know for certain, do you?

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

What where is true colours Cass.

If you need me to point that out then you haven’t been paying attention. Ask Cyndi.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Yes!.I’ll say it again, look in the Bru news archive it’s there for all to see.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Yes!.I’ll say it again, look in the Bru news archive it’s there for all to see.

Yes, I remember the article. I was asking whether you know for certain that what I said is incorrect.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

I guess I didn’t get my wish

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 138

Matlock fans – forewarned is forearmed.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.