This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

• Author
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I think it’s more a matter of it just being a polite word without it meaning much either way. As IB has said.

The advocateMark B
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 0

And Swann is vital to the club getting GP back so we’d do well to remember that.

Wow and people wonder why this forum gets accused of having PS apologists.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Swann didn’t destroy our club, Hilton stepped in and could have saved it. He didn’t and nearly destroyed us.

I believe this is closer to the reality of it than anything else.

I’m no Swann apologist, but it was Hilton who actually had the opportunity to do good and right by the club and didn’t.

He did not ‘save it’ at all. He set it on a crash course.

He bitched and moaned about the previous owner, engaged in dubious social media PR, stoked division and incited others to make threats, sometimes behaving abominably when engaging with supporters himself. Let’s not forget he u-turned often and lied who knows when and how many times about who knows what. Gaslighting in extremis! We also don’t know if he actually did put any money in at all, or – as some suspect – just used the season ticket cash, the 1899 Ponzi, the turnstile income, the sponsorship deals and whatever else was lying around when he took over.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

And Swann is vital to the club getting GP back so we’d do well to remember that.

That’s not being an apologist, it’s being a realist. Swann owns Glanford Park and the surrounding land.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Couldn’t care less what people think. I care about the club getting GP back. So should any and every supporter.

The advocateMark B
    Participant

I think it’s more a matter of it just being a polite word without it meaning much either way. As IB has said.

As per above reply, doesn’t fit

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Yeah, sure.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Swann didn’t destroy our club, Hilton stepped in and could have saved it. He didn’t and nearly destroyed us.

I believe this is closer to the reality of it than anything else.

I’m no Swann apologist, but it was Hilton who actually had the opportunity to do good and right by the club and didn’t.

He did not ‘save it’ at all. He set it on a crash course.

He bitched and moaned about the previous owner, engaged in dubious social media PR, stoked division and incited others to make threats, sometimes behaving abominably when engaging with supporters himself. Let’s not forget he u-turned often and lied who knows when and how many times about who knows what. Gaslighting in extremis! We also don’t know if he actually did put any money in at all, or – as some suspect – just used the season ticket cash, the 1899 Ponzi, the turnstile income, the sponsorship deals and whatever else was lying around when he took over.

If Swann’s legacy was to bring the club into financial crisis and calamitous mismanagement, Hilton’s is to stoke divisions within the fans for his own ends. Even now we have fans calling others Swann lovers for making pragmatic posts about dealing with him. I think That Crazy New Yorker’s reply is closer to the truth and that wretched owner will get no thanks for me for being one of two recent owners who have brought us to ruin.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

… that wretched owner will get no thanks for me for being one of two recent owners who have brought us to ruin.

Neither should be thanked. But we still have one that we must deal with to get ourselves back into best position, so it’s politically prudent to not aggravate him.

The advocateMark B
    Participant

If Swann didn’t destroy our club then why do we not own our ground and the land it stands on, and why were we sold to a conman for £3

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

… that wretched owner will get no thanks for me for being one of two recent owners who have brought us to ruin.

Neither should be thanked. But we still have one that we must deal with to get ourselves back into best position, so it’s politically prudent to not aggravate him.

This is the argument, I understand. I am not sure how much attention Swann pays to Iron Bru forum members, but I don’t think the argument is from any sympathy to his ownership.

Mark – I agree that he almost did, but he didn’t and I said one of two owners in my last post to include him. Both him and Hilton have caused us to nearly die. The club was still salvageable in January. It still is, hopefully.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

If Swann didn’t destroy our club then why do we not own our ground and the land it stands on, and why were we sold to a conman for £3

Well first of all, the club still exists so he didn’t destroy it.

What he did do was severely wound it by splitting it from the ground and land.

The advocateMark B
    Participant

Agreed “nearly “ but it wouldn’t of needed saving in January without the previous yours of awful ownership

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Agreed “nearly “ but it wouldn’t of needed saving in January without the previous yours of awful ownership

Hilton didn’t save it. Look where we were yesterday (prior to takeover), and where we have been heading for the last several months. It was wounded in January, severely, and Hilton was in a position to save it – but he did not. Running it into the ground over eight months is not saving it.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

All respectable forums need a target/ focal point and with Hilton possibly moving on there’s currently limited contenders.

here you go sideright it could be you

The advocateMark B
    Participant

He definitely didn’t save it and only caused more problems and division. The point being it wouldn’t have been in that position in January without the previous mismanagement

dandaherron@yahoo.co.ukJust Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: August 1, 2014
    Topics: 9

Posted .. then deleted. Apparently you can’t edit out the whole thing.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Will Ian not so Sharp still be sueing the club now he’s a director, and if as I hope he isn’t will he issue an apology for doing so in the first place. Lots of humble pie to be eaten St Simon and Ian and of course all those who thought the sun shone out their bums.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t think he should apologise for expecting money back from his loan. That was all on Hilton, especially regarding misrepresenting it as a donation.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

So the new board, with less than 48 hours in office, are already the target of people seeking to promote division amongst supporters. UNITY is what we need.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Did he not give the money well before Hilton came along? And from your prospective St Simon should offer another apology for saying the money wasn’t a donation like he did , aargh yet more humble pie to be eaten.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If only Cass if only. Did we not need Unity when Hilton took over,he was given about the same time period when it started after him getting rid of Nelson. As the saying What goes around comes around.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

He loaned the club money, yes. As owner of the club at the time, Hilton was primarily responsible for ensuring loans repayments were being made.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

Will Ian not so Sharp still be sueing the club now he’s a director, and if as I hope he isn’t will he issue an apology for doing so in the first place. Lots of humble pie to be eaten St Simon and Ian and of course all those who thought the sun shone out their bums.

As you’re so vocal on the subject, please can you confirm the terms of the transaction between the club and Ian Sharp?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Sorry I can only go on what St Simon printed on the tuther side, like I say if he was lying he owes an apology to everyone and especially to Sharp maybe fisty cuffs in the boardroom, if like siderite and others are claiming it was a loan it wouldn’t be a good start for him on the board to ask for it back but then again a bit 2 faced as he asked Hilton for it back. I’ll leave you to to decide loan or gift either way apologies needed all round.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

You’re not doing your credibility any favours awaywego, to put it politely. ‘Old man yells at cloud’ springs to mind.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Agreed DM, we know Awaywego has to be different but this constant arse kicking of people actively trying to help our club out of this current situation is counter productive IMO.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

And wasn’t Hilton trying to save the club, didn’t stop everyone arse kicking him. And you should know I’m fully behind the chairman like I have every other one while money’s being spent. Not many can say that.

emmjayPeter Promise
    Participant
    Registered On: June 15, 2017
    Topics: 7

And 1`m sure that all the previous chairmen have all taken the appropriate level of comfort from knowing that you were fully behind them.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I wonder if the narrative that honest Dave was trying to save the club will last after The Athletic part 2. I suspect such claims will lookeven sillier.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.