This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This saga is unending but I hope it resolves like this

• Author
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

I also applaud Jimmy. He seems to appreciate how precious (if unstable) a job in professional football is. Far too many in his position regard it as ‘having made it’ so no further effort required. I still think a few shifts at the steelworks (or similar depending on location) would show those lucky enough to be paid, for what many of us did for nothing, how fortunate they are and how they should work to protect what they have.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I’m sure decency will prevail

Looks like it has!

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I also applaud Jimmy. He seems to appreciate how precious (if unstable) a job in professional football is. Far too many in his position regard it as ‘having made it’ so no further effort required. I still think a few shifts at the steelworks (or similar depending on location) would show those lucky enough to be paid, for what many of us did for nothing, how fortunate they are and how they should work to protect what they have.

I’m hoping the club plugs back into the community. I seem to remember things like steelworks visits.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

So it’s suddenly okay for someone who served both Swann and Hilton to take over the club is it?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I don’t recall Harness berating fans for their stance on Hilton or Swann or anything like that.

IronfanIronfan
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 2

So it’s suddenly okay for someone who served both Swann and Hilton to take over the club is it?

Blimey, she’s only owned the club a few hours. Give her a chance

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

As they use to have to do during the close season.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Laurie McMenamy used to take cod players round the factories to show them what life could be like without football.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I was being sarcastic Ironfan. I’m delighted with the news.

The gist of this thread has been don’t let anyone who supported Hilton to get involved with the takeover.

Do I hear the sound of tunes being changed!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Well, I am pleased NI’s desire for unity didn’t last long. Sounds like you want division.

As I said, I don’t recall Harness berating fans like others did who positioned themselves with Hilton. That was my issue, not solely working for the club. It’s why I and others didn’t critique her, Roj or the other directors either. Credit to Simon for putting this deal together, it would be nice for an apology, but the important thing is to learn from errors and not berate fans again like that.

If we want unity, we need movement from all sides. Including those who weren’t Hilton sceptics. Which means not more nonsense about what others have said from you or others.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

The gist of this thread has been don’t let anyone who supported Hilton to get involved with the takeover.

Do I hear the sound of tunes being changed!

Not at all. No changed tune. No hypocrisy.

You’re conflating support of the club itself with support of Hilton.

Michelle supported SUFC, in her customary quiet and professional manner behind the scenes, as she has done through the tenures of several Chairmen.

The others mentioned in this thread were public and highly vocal in their support of Hilton – and that makes it an entirely different thing.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

With all due respect NI,the thread is more to do with the content of some of Simon’s tweets berating supporters who questioned and raised concerns about Hilton over a period of time than merely his support of Hilton. Anyway, onwards and upwards eh chaps?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

That’s not true is it? It’s clearly explained what I consider to be right and supporting Hilton wasn’t a reason to bar anyone that was proposed here .To claim it was is wrong. I am clear that the dog whistling nature which led to abuse a whole new level of abuse in my time watching the Iron and violence is my issue

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I am getting the distinct impression that Elliott will just try and brush past any accountability for his contribution to the shitstorm, and ride it out on the goodwill towards Michelle’s takeover.

fans6464

” Credit to Simon for putting this deal together,” he didn’t Michelle did

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

He must have put a shitload of cash in.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Sorry. Poor wording. It should be for helping. Full credit to Michelle.

XxxXxx
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 3

Hmm

The advocateMark B
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 0

I believe the statement from Michelle covers more of the truth than the majority of the posters on here, Hilton taken no fee and wiped out personal monies invested & Elliott massively assisted. Maybe all was not as black and white!! As many here believe.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Pretty sure no one on here thinks any of it was black and white. Though I do think binary thinking about Hilton’s reign hasn’t helped for the past 6 months.

fans6464

Hilton took no fees might be true, but why would he take any? He broke the club ffs

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

I think Swann did a fair amount of club breaking and he wants £3m to dissappear.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Does he? Michelle said they’re working on a deal with Swann. We don’t know what he wants now Hilton’s gone.

The advocateMark B
    Participant

Hilton took no fees might be true, but why would he take any? He broke the club ffs

many question if any personal money was invested, this statement doesn’t define amounts but unless we are being mislead again money was put in and SE has also helped massively. He broke the club FFS! No mention of the previous years of awful ownership. This mess didn’t happen over 9 months but many years

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

I believe the statement from Michelle covers more of the truth than the majority of the posters on here, Hilton taken no fee and wiped out personal monies invested & Elliott massively assisted. Maybe all was not as black and white!! As many here believe.

I’d expect that arriving at that club statement to have had a high level of interpersonal politics involved. These things are almost always worded to be palatable and in favour of all parties. They’re usually designed to set-up a narrative all have agreed upon, and don’t necessarily reflect the truth.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Hmm

Another owner for you to suck up to

Hopefully the days of giving out freebies like sweets are over

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I’ve seen too many statements released into the public domain which don’t reflect reality but serve a purpose.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t think a word of politeness in a shortish statement is some great saving grace for Hilton. Swann didn’t destroy our club, Hilton stepped in and could have saved it. He didn’t and nearly destroyed us.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

And Swann is vital to the club getting GP back so we’d do well to remember that.

The advocateMark B
    Participant

Some saving grace! The guy was hopeless misled and lied to us. Not my point, So now nobody believes the parts of the statement that don’t follow their narrative.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.