This League 2 malarkey

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This League 2 malarkey

• Author
    MapleironMapleiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 1

I can’t take a future treading water. League 2 is false economy for us, League 1 should be achievable and sustainable. League 2 cains us financially as apart from the obvious ones every other club bring 2 men and a dog…at least in the league above apart from Accy and Dale the rest bring over 500. Also we’d get 300k for Abo or McAtee in League 2…in league 1 they are 800k. We are not talking of small losses here. League 2 is costing us big time.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

What’s your point? The club would make more money in the Champions League but getting there ain’t so easy.

I’m also not sure your sums add up, looking at the club’s accounts, the revenue from ticket income was £914k last season (in League One) and £1.01 million the year before (possibly helped by being in the play-offs?). Last time we were in League Two, the accounts showed £936k back in 2014.

Not much of a difference there.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 64

You’ve hit the nail on the head Ferrite. The higher up the division we are the bigger the gates.

Fans come to watch a winning team.

However, like many things at present, attendance figures are an unknown factor!

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 61

Being high in a league is good. Gates would rise though if we were mid table IF people were being entertained.

Good managers admit when they are wrong, recently we have some who adopt the stance ” I am right no matter what and your opinions count for nothing!”

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Managers don’t give a toss about fans and opinions, never have never will. The stuff they say about fans in radio bulletins and newspapers is just PR bull****, they will do it their way, their in charge and after all it’s just a job to them. Care about fans opinions? Your having a laugh.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 97

To be fair, I’ve met fans and they’re probably right!

Although they should definitely listen to me….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.