This here new manager

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This here new manager

• Author
    CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Aye, a touch of realism all round is what’s required here but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Have a look on Scunny United fans group, personal abuse been thrown for those questioning the Cult of Dean.

We really do have some idiots as fans.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Not interested in tweets or facebook postings and all that crap, just know that six games is no time at all to be passing judgement but it’s just my opinion.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Dean said in his interview that Fewster had impressed in training.

Must had been crap in all the other training sessions then because he didn’t even make the squad for 90% of his time here. I think it Still seems odd to have started him as he clearly couldn’t have been match fit.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Not interested in tweets or facebook postings and all that crap, just know that six games is no time at all to be passing judgement but it’s just my opinion.

Cant believe some fans are calling for jimmy to go after such a short time .. yes he has been supported by the new chairman but remember what he arrived into and the fact 11 new players have arrived .. it takes time and he should not be judged until mid to late next season where ever we are playing be it the NL or NLN.. fans should also cast their memories back to a short time ago when it was very possible the town would not have a club at all.

Like may others im not getting some of Jimmys tactical decisions selections and formations leading to some poor displays but give the fella some time we were nailed on to go down when he arrived and it appears the gamble to sign so many newbies may have backfired.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

People are concerned with his complete lack or tactical nous and his baffling, ultra negative mind set and selections.

This isn’t down to players bedding in at all. That is down to manager who this far looks out of his depth.

Formations that appear not to work
    Poor use of substitutes
    Negative mindset in not going to attempt to win games and actually being positive
    Chopping and changing players game in game out
    No real identity and no fixed playing style, it just looks like we’re caught between 2 styles
    Appears allergic to width

Dean in my opinion is not getting the best out of the players he’s got, for instance he signs Elliot who scored 5 in 7 games at this level to then isolate him by playing him upfront on his own. Dean then goes out and gets what looks like a quality targetman in to partner him, to then play with no width and no balls in the box.

People understands there’s new players through the door and they wouldn’t have bedded in yet but the questions aren’t so much about the players, they’re about Dean.

The players don’t pick the formation and play in the way they’re being asked to, that’s down to Dean. The worries steam from poor decision making, negative mindset and highly questionable tactical nous.

I can’t help but comparing him and Nelson and it’s like night and day. Nelson was in and got them playing good football relatively quickly with a clear style whereas Dean it’s all a bit of a scrambled mess.

I hope he comes good but what I’ve seen so far worries me and worries many others. If come the end of the season Dean has a really poor record, he would have had just under half a season. If he doesn’t show improvement in the way he’s handling the team come the end of the season then he needs binning for Nelson.

People may think that’s harsh but if Dean doesn’t vastly improve then Nelson will be the better manager of the two by an absolute mile and I’d like a capable manager in charge, who wouldn’t ?

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Personal abuse should be encouraged CMC to the idiot fans who aren’t prepared to give Dean a realistic chance 6 games and all.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Ironfromafar wrote:-
    “yes he has been supported by the new chairman but remember what he arrived into and the fact 11 new players have arrived”

A big part of the problem for me, it appears that Hilton and Dean agreed we needed a keeper but then decided to pick 5 each to “improve” the squad.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

You reap what you sow.

We can’t afford the Messi seeds from F&M.

So,

We bought the Messy seeds from Poundland.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

I reckon Hilton should sack Dean and appoint WonderGoals as manager.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Good call, all those years on X-Box have turned him into the razor sharp tactical football genius who wows us all daily on this forum with his knowledge.😜

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

I’m sure awaywego will stand in for the away games he can’t make, as long as those pesky train drivers don’t confound him.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Not for me Deerey some on here say you have to toe the party line in management.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013

Been crying out for that option for years, his tactical analysis is unlike anyone else’s.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Dam busting pre-match team talk needed tonight.
    I just pray that he’s going to set up 4-4-2 with width and attack, attack, attack.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Er…

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

This here new manager now has the same record of the admiral 7 games 7 points.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

He’s already got a better win ratio than Keith Hill!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I’m still a bit concerned by the Random Team Generator approach to selection – Fewster in & straight out, Whitehouse appearing from nowhere, discarding Elliott & Sembie-Ferris so quickly. But it seemed to make a bit of a difference, remains to be seen if this will be the new plan or just a lucky guess.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I trust he’s going on what he sees in training, his approach to each game, and a longer term vision for the team, rather than randomness. He’s got a lot of players to deal with and only just getting to know them mentally and physically.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Don’t forget he’s only just having a look at them just the same as we are, trainings all right but there’s only so much you can learn from that.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

At the very least he should be able to establish who’s keen to play and who’s just passing the time until pay day.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

A 37 man squad makes team selection very easy:

Deereyme66Deereyme66

At the very least he should be able to establish who’s keen to play and who’s just passing the time until pay day.

I should hope so!

BucksironBucksiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 16

I don’t often agree with you, IA, but you’re 100% correct here. It’s crazy to judge a manager on so few games.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

I trust he’s going on what he sees in training, his approach to each game, and a longer term vision for the team, rather than randomness. He’s got a lot of players to deal with and only just getting to know them mentally and physically.

Yes, let’s hope your right, I just wonder whether it’s wise to chop & change selections & players so frequently. Time will tell!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The quicker he settles on a starting 11 the better. Back 4 looks pretty set though? Much better aswell.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant

Looks like he has (possibly) 8 that he definitely wants to start, 3 from 10 or 12 for the other starters and then still some choice for the bench. Could change if the tactics change but that’s not looking likely.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

I am thinking the keeper and back four are certain starters barring injury.

Bennett, Butterfield, Bunker probably will start most games because they have a bit of quality. Personally I would put Wilson in that second group as well. Perm any 2 from the other 25 and that’s the team to deliver the miracle.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

Well Bunker won’t!

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Bunked off or thrown back? De-bunked anyways.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.