This here new manager

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This here new manager

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

SteveJobsworth, this isn’t really a case of getting players to gel it’s Dean’s decision making and a lack of tactical nous which is worrying people.

Choosing not to play with any width until the last 15 minutes and taking players off like for like instead of actually trying to win the game isn’t down to players not gelling, that’s probably down to a lower league manager that doesn’t appear to be good enough.

Consistently chopping and changing personal isn’t helping either. Ollie Turner post match commented that the team looks a little lost in terms of getting the ball forward quickly and yet trying to keep the ball to hold on to possession. That’s his way of saying the team looks like they’re caught between two styles.

Dean took offence and clapped back but Ollie has a point, we do like mixed up. Under Nelson we had a clear way of playing and methodology, yet under Dean it all looks a bid muddled.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

If he is in charge until the end of the season then, Including the Barnet game, Jimmy has been in charge (PICKING THE TEAM) for 17 games out of 46

Half of 46 is 23, so when I said he’s got just shy of half the seasons fixtures left I wasn’t wrong!!!!

Before he arrived we were top 10 in the form league!!
    Nelson had just taken 7 points from 4 games if memory serves me right.
    Jimmy has 4 points from 6 played so far.

If we are being fair…
    What has Jimmy had that those before have not??

(1)A budget to bring players in
    (2)A chance to work with a competitive squad
    (3)A stadium packed with accepting/supportive fans
    (4)Little expectancy or pressure – apparently we’re already down… idiots!
    (5)zero outside negative noise!!

So far he’s proving to be the wrong choice and potentially he will have to accept his part in the relegation…. It wasn’t done and dusted before he arrived!!
    It was crap!!! Of course it was!!! It was the lowest point in our history.

But he’s been playing with a much better deck of cards than those before him!

17 games provided a maximum return of 51 points… he’s on track for under 10.

I’m sorry, but he’s got to start doing better or you lot need to accept that he’s the problem and needs to go before next season.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I am not saying Dean doesn’t have a large part to play in our recent dip in form, he has made some strange decisions, but upset to team harmony with so many new signings could be another factor.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

If he is in charge until the end of the season then, Including the Barnet game, Jimmy has been in charge (PICKING THE TEAM) for 17 games out of 46

Half of 46 is 23, so when I said he’s got just shy of half the seasons fixtures left I wasn’t wrong!!!!

If we are being fair…

So far he’s proving to be the wrong choice and potentially he will have to accept his part in the relegation…. It wasn’t done and dusted before he arrived!!

I’m sorry, but he’s got to start doing better or you lot need to accept that he’s the problem and needs to go before next season.

We need to accept he’s the problem after 6 games?? 6 games wow really? We outplayed top of the table Wrexham, played the 4th 6th and 7th placed teams beat Dagenham and drew with Maidstone. You expect a complete new team to completely turn around our form in the space of a month? You can hope we would have turned it round we all did but you can’t expect it!! You need to get real because no team is going to turn their season around in February sitting 23rd in the national league with the quality available and willingness of players wanting to come to a team second to bottom!! the majority of this squad probably won’t be here next season, we need a complete overhaul and have for a few years now.

UTI

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

Like I said Steve, there’s been 51 points to play for (start to finish) since Jimmy took over and unbelievable backing of the new manager so let’s see how the final part of the season plays out.

I’d love him to turn it around, his passion is great!

However…
    We looked to be turning the corner under Nelson with good football being played, I’m not sure I’d say the last 6 games have given the fans the same optimism???

17 games to turn it around IS a realistic chance for a new manager especially backed so brilliantly!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

If we are being fair…

Lord Nelson had the lads all grafting for themselves, him, the fans and the club and playing well too.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Why 4 teams Rene?

Four relegation slots.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I don’t get why he’s playing the players he’s choosing to play at times. Fewster did a lord Lucan despite featuring in the 1st game with him not even making the squad for the following games so obviously he couldn’t have been match fit and yet starts against Eastleigh.

Dean needs to decide on a set formation and stick to it. I won’t say one with width because I think he’s allergic to it. If Dean goes with the 4/2/3/1 formation he was fielding before than I hope he at least plays with proper wingers. Wilson & Shields either side of a striker or Wilson & Feeney, no more playing Beestin out there.

In my wildest dreams I’d like to see 4/4/2 with Shields and Wilson out wide with Pugh or Bunker alongside Butterfield or Beestin. I think hell with freeze over first though.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

chapman
    Ogle
    RE
    Smith
    Leake

Bunker
    Butterfield
    Wilson
    Shields

Elliot
    Bennett

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

4-4-2
    Wide midfielders / wingers and two up front!
    No one is Pep or Jurgen down here.
    It’s about running, working, challenging and out performing your opponent.
    11 v 11 is alway going to be 22 players on the pitch.
    Fancy formations are a distraction.
    Work hard!

Participant

Like I said Steve, there’s been 51 points to play for (start to finish) since Jimmy took over and unbelievable backing of the new manager so let’s see how the final part of the season plays out.

I’d love him to turn it around, his passion is great!

However…
    We looked to be turning the corner under Nelson with good football being played, I’m not sure I’d say the last 6 games have given the fans the same optimism???

17 games to turn it around IS a realistic chance for a new manager especially backed so brilliantly!

I agree about Nelson he should have given him a couple more games, I don’t agree we had a realistic chance though,yes we had a chance but a very slim one! to bring in 11 players the majority of which haven’t been playing regularly or in a form/promotion chasing team and get them playing to earn promotion form points which is what is needed is pretty much unrealistic.

UTI

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Aye, a touch of realism all round is what’s required here but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

adminSST
    Keymaster
    Registered On: December 19, 2013
    Topics: 82

I genuinely believe we’d have been no worse off if Nelson had continued with no new signings.
    It’s not all down to Jimmy, but the gamble to sign so many players has not paid off.

Participant

I genuinely believe we’d have been no worse off if Nelson had continued with no new signings.
    It’s not all down to Jimmy, but the gamble to sign so many players has not paid off.

Agreed it hasn’t paid off he gave it a go but it simply hasn’t worked, we could argue a few less players of better quality might have made a difference but again how much quality are you going to attract given our position and at this stage of the season?

UTI

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Chapman and BR-E are upgrades but we had no strikers so 2 of those were necessary. The rest?????

Participant

I like Richards-Everton, Chapman and Bunker but I’m struggling to see what the others bring to the table that improve us.

UTI

SUFC_IRON_ARTSUFC_IRON_ART
    Participant
    Registered On: June 10, 2016
    Topics: 0

Agreed it hasn’t paid off he gave it a go but it simply hasn’t worked, we could argue a few less players of better quality might have made a difference but again how much quality are you going to attract given our position and at this stage of the season?

UTI

It took Oldham about 12 games after their new Manager/raft of signings to start picking up the points to pull away from danger. Similar would see us hit form in time for April’s crucial games!

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

With 1 win in 6 games, we literally couldn’t be much worse off!

Ultimately, whatever Dean’s pluses & minuses, we are still reaping Swann’s legacy and will continue to do so for a while yet.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Wasn’t overly concerned with him despite subs being like for like and no in game tactical changes but my fears increased following his admission after Maidstone where he told them not to lose and that we’d only won one in a year so that’s why he said it. So if this is his team talk for an away game at Maidstone whats going to happen to the other away games? For christ sake have a go we have nothing to lose. Keeps doing what he’s doing and he’ll be gone by October next season (NLN) and he’ll be getting more probing questions from Oliver if he doesn’t up his tactical game.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

GK seems decent.

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“In my wildest dreams I’d like to see 4/4/2 with Shields and Wilson out wide with Pugh or Bunker alongside Butterfield or Beestin”.

Have you dropped Fewster after 1 game?

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Beestin did his hamstring Saturday so it will be 2 or 3 weeks before we see him again.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Sorry for questioning you Rene, only 1 relegated last season, but have now looked up the lge pyramid and it does say 4 relegation places. What we doing Rene having to look up shite like that.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

“In my wildest dreams I’d like to see 4/4/2 with Shields and Wilson out wide with Pugh or Bunker alongside Butterfield or Beestin”.

Have you dropped Fewster after 1 game?

I was crying out for him to added to the squad to utilize him as an extra body but you don’t sign a player on loan, not have him involved even making the squad since his arrival and then when you do add him, you decide to start him while he’s not not match fit.

Where’s the sense in that ?

Nice try though Heath !

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Given we’re pretty much down now, is there any point playing any of the loan players unless there’s a realistic chance of them being with us next season?

billpuntonsghostbillpuntonsghost
    Participant
    Topics: 72

…”have you dropped Fewster after 1 game.”
    Why Feeney didn’t start in place of him is a mystery.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Topics: 104

Dean said in his interview that Fewster had impressed in training.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

Sorry for questioning you Rene, only 1 relegated last season, but have now looked up the lge pyramid and it does say 4 relegation places. What we doing Rene having to look up shite like that.

Are you saying you only thought one club was going down this season?

HeathHeath
    Participant
    Registered On: August 5, 2017
    Topics: 17

“Given we’re pretty much down now, is there any point playing any of the loan players unless there’s a realistic chance of them being with us next season?”

He needs to find and pick his best 11 and formation this week and stick with it, including loan players if they are his choice.

Of course we’re pretty much down, but that’s no reason to stop trying. Teams outside the bottom 4 are still on only 1 point per match. Target 46 as minimum and give it a go!!!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

We are talking about Nln Deerey, but no I thought 2 from that league.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.