This here new manager

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This here new manager

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Early info was that Dean liked to play with wingers and get crosses into the box

That’s how he played at his previous club. They had ferris and somebody else who were free scoring and played quickly with width. I can’t understand why he’s playing like this here.

I honestly didn’t expect him to be this safety first.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Unfortunately he looks out of his depth, doesn’t he? A bold statement by the new owner, but it looks like a dud.

backofthenet18backofthenet18
    Participant
    Registered On: June 2, 2017
    Topics: 14

New manager sounds like he’s talking to his mates down the pub on humberside, mate this mate that.

tonkatonka
    Participant
    Registered On: May 25, 2017
    Topics: 9

I’m sorry but we need a win so I will play with 4 midfielders and no width to supply my 2 forwards,what planet is he from,last 10,15 minutes, I know lads put some crosses into the box and we might get something ,which we nearly did ,it’s taken 75 minutes to come to that conclusion, you couldn’t make it up,buck your ideas up jimmy especially at home give it ago at least.uti.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

We’re one down so I’ll take off one of my two strikers. Yeah, OK Jimmy.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

We deffo need to start with some width on Tuesday night, very impressed with Bennett not only big and strong but good on the ball and wins headers. Once him and Elliot get it sussed they could be very good together but as I said we need a winger or wingers to make it work.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Not sure jimmy knows what he is doing, all these new players and we still have no width. Seems to me Hilton is wasting his money buying players that are no better than we have and replacing them ASAP. Would be nice to have a player with a bit of skill on the wing, seems we have a team full of central midfielders so whoever is on tge left or the right is out of position and it shows as we don’t ever get in a position to put a cross in

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Early info was that Dean liked to play with wingers and get crosses into the box

That’s how he played at his previous club. They had ferris and somebody else who were free scoring and played quickly with width. I can’t understand why he’s playing like this here.

I honestly didn’t expect him to be this safety first.

Fear.
    Fear of losing.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Granted this is early on but Dean looks way, way out of his depth and tactically he’s fecking clueless. Crying out for width today and what did he do ?, took off a striker and replaced him with a winger to then play him through the middle.

Brought Feeney on and had him central and Butterfield was for some strange reason out wide. Only time we looked dangerous was when he stuck Richards Everton upfront and punted balls in the box which is what we should have been doing much earlier.

No shields on the bench and had an abundance of CM players.

Sorry but this bloke is a dud. Call me crazy but he needs binning off and we need Nelson back. The progress we were making under Nelson to then have that all pissed down the drain hole now Dean has come in.

Nelson did that by believing in the players he had at his disposal. Under Nelson we played the ball on the floor and played through teams with 2 upfront and it worked, we were playing well.

Dean has players the players and has many more than what Nelson had but look at the difference. Sorry not for me, even from this early on he looks way out of his depth.

Would you really want him here next season with what we’ve seen so far ?

Shit scared of losing and as he’s far too negative as a result. Tactically he’s absolutely abysmal. This chance even at this level looks too much for him.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 70

Was a tough job for someone from a division below and the first thing needed was stability, a set formation 2 Fwds 2 wingers and reward effort by letting those that have earned it keep the shirt.

Now rarely same team starts next game and the bench changes dramatically game to game. Appears he will not admit he has picked wrong and games are running out fast .

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

Listening to his interview tonight on Humberside tonight says it all !
    Just sounded like he is totally out of his depth.
    Not sure he’s even good enough for National League North !
    Did we really need a new Manager ?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Compare what Nelson was getting out of a cobbled together squad of players and look what Dean is doing with a vastly stronger squad of players. It literally is like night and day.

Not one person there today besides Jimmy spotted we needed width and yet he seemed to miss it. I liked the look of Bennett who looked a good target man, comfortable in possession and looked really tidy at 6ft4 and yet we had no width and put no crosses into the box until he stuck Richards Everton up top.

Everybody around me was dumbfounded, you could tell by the expressions on peoples faces what they thought of Dean’s decision making.

How far have we regressed since Nelson was replaced as manager ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

*Not one person there today besides Jimmy failed to spot that we needed width and yet he seemed to miss it*

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Jimbob – ‘leading’ us like lambs to the slaughter.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

He could try taking advice from his predecessor.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Chairman’s vote of confidence already(On Twitter)

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Aye, it would seem that Mr Hilton dropped a major bollock by rushing in a new manager when the Admiral was at the helm!

Stability was what we needed but his first month in charge seems to have been just the opposite!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Hilton dropping bollocks already, we must question whether he’s right for the club, already trying to get thousands out of the fans, wages not paid on time, added to the wage bill considerably, his he any better than Swann one could ask.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

We deffo need to start with some width on Tuesday night, very impressed with Bennett not only big and strong but good on the ball and wins headers. Once him and Elliot get it sussed they could be very good together but as I said we need a winger or wingers to make it work.

Cost us two points through yesterday with his handball.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Cost us two points through yesterday with his handball.

Yep he did but I think we can all agree that he was a victim of the new handball rules which the majority of fans I speak too say are pants, however, rules are rules whether we like them or not. In defence of some of the refs decisions yesterday that left a lot feeling disgruntled, on watching the highlights the only one I think he got wrong was the push on Pugh in the area which looked nailed on to me. The handball hit Bennett’s hand and his arm wasn’t tight to his body ( I know why would it be ) but under the new law interpretation the ref was just sticking to what the rule says now, yes it’s bollocks but it’s the law . Looking back on all the other talking points about how the ref handled things, I thought he was right IMO.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 0

spot on back of the net 18. i picked that up last night. i did comment when he got the job that he is out of his depth. Hilton came in from a club lower than us and what a mess he has made. looks like he is bringing the players in not Dean. he has no personality nothing.
    looks like we are doomed, i did have a bit of hope but that has gone. Hilton wont sack him no chance.
    Thank you Mr Swann, i bet you was sat at home laughing your socks of knowing you sold the club to the wrong person.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

His post match did sound confusing.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

We are going down and we need to stick with a manager for more than half a season have we not learned anything from the swann era? How long have the new players had to gel with each other a few weeks? The club needs stability and we can only do that by starting afresh next season with a proper pre season and a clearout of the players who have had a losing mentality over the last few seasons! Chopping and changing the manager has in part got us to this stage along with buying bottom of the barrel players who no one else wanted, stuck with Jimmy and see how we get on in NLN.

UTI

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Good points SJ, think a few haven’t fully accepted we are down yet and while it remains a faint possibility we could survive the chance is beyond slim. I agree that Jimmy hasn’t nailed it tactically or selection wise yet but to think he could transform everything inside 16 games was expecting a bit much IMO. If the new players that have come in were under Nelson, he too would struggle to make it gel and work, we are where we are because of the last four years, new players and 16 games left when it changed for us all as a football club won’t change that fact.

chiefphotoDavid
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2018
    Topics: 0

Sadly we need to carry on with Mr Dean and hope he is a quick leaner.
    I would ask the owner not too by any more players, it’s starting to get messy.

SteveJobsworthSteveJobsworth
    Participant
    Registered On: December 29, 2013
    Topics: 22

Good points SJ, think a few haven’t fully accepted we are down yet and while it remains a faint possibility we could survive the chance is beyond slim. I agree that Jimmy hasn’t nailed it tactically or selection wise yet but to think he could transform everything inside 16 games was expecting a bit much IMO. If the new players that have come in were under Nelson, he too would struggle to make it gel and work, we are where we are because of the last four years, new players and 16 games left when it changed for us all as a football club won’t change that fact.

Absolutely Iron-awe we are where we are because of the previous owner/chief scout, and Mr Hilton has stated today the rebuild will begin in the summer and that only 2/3 of the players (Elliot and Chapman for definite) they have brought in are on a contract beyond this season and the others are playing for a contract beyond that! To turn a team with 4 wins prior to the takeover to suddenly becoming a promotion form winning team was near impossible! At least he gave it a try.

UTI

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Yep he did but I think we can all agree that he was a victim of the new handball rules which the majority of fans I speak too say are pants, however, rules are rules whether we like them or not. In defence of some of the refs decisions yesterday that left a lot feeling disgruntled, on watching the highlights the only one I think he got wrong was the push on Pugh in the area which looked nailed on to me. The handball hit Bennett’s hand and his arm wasn’t tight to his body ( I know why would it be ) but under the new law interpretation the ref was just sticking to what the rule says now, yes it’s bollocks but it’s the law . Looking back on all the other talking points about how the ref handled things, I thought he was right IMO.

I’m not so sure, I think that would have been given under most handball law interpretations, his arms were out wide and we definitely tried to control the ball with his forearm.

Can’t make my mind up about the Pugh one but my gut reaction is he was looking for it.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Hilton dropping bollocks already, we must question whether he’s right for the club, already trying to get thousands out of the fans, wages not paid on time, added to the wage bill considerably, his he any better than Swann one could ask.

Scunny Twitter: Dean is out of his depth, don’t know why he’s here.

David Hilton: Jimmy is the man for the job, i’m standing by him.

Scunny Twitter: oh yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir.

Mind you most of the respondents would have got free tickets for the Barnet game, so they can be bought.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Well, next season, there should be four clubs worse than us in the NLN.

If not, then God help us!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Why 4 teams Rene?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.