This here new manager

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace This here new manager

• Author
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

What do we think then? I quite liked the cut of his jib after the Wrexham game when we refused to blame the ref & instead pointed out where the players had got things wrong, but the early signs aren’t super encouraging. Although it was good to hear an Iron manager talking again about “controlling the controllables”.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 59

Could we bring the young Italian manager in?

Zan Ussi

The appliance of science is what’s needed.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I think he should be judged on next season, whatever division we are in. It’s a thankless task being appointed at this stage of a season and the position we find ourselves, even with a host of new players brought in, things need time to settle down and bed in, it is far from ideal. Most fans are pragmatic enough to realise the difficulties of the situation, a few will shout the odds if we go down and come out with their usual bull poop ( which they are perfectly entitled too if that is their genuine opinion ) but the majority I believe will see the bigger picture going forward.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

If next season is in the NL he’ll already be a legend.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AndersonAnderson
    Participant
    Registered On: July 5, 2017
    Topics: 5

Give the man time. Those that don’t pull there weight will soon be gone.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

For me he would not be here yet. I would have given Nelson the job till the end of the season and re-evaluated from there. The thing is he is here so he’s got my full backing and let’s hope we achieve what most people think will be a minor miracle and survive in this league.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

For me he would not be here yet. I would have given Nelson the job till the end of the season and re-evaluated from there. The thing is he is here so he’s got my full backing and let’s hope we achieve what most people think will be a minor miracle and survive in this league.

I would have also kept Nelson until the end of the season ..alas i didnt buy the club even after selling my coin collection , art work watches Jewrlry and the wife (bargain discounted price) i still came up short..

Now he is here Jimmy should be given time and i agree .. judge him this time next year wherever we are playing.

Loose tonight and its curtains , win and the miracle is still on .. a draw not real much use to either IMO

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Yes, I should have made it clear I’m not trying to whip up a “Dean Out” campaign, I was just curious what people made of his first few games.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Very early days but I like what I’ve seen and heard from him. The only thing I’m not keen on is the continuation of a scatter gun approach to transfers although I’m not sure how much of that is down to Dean.

cokeovenkidcokeovenkid
    Participant
    Registered On: January 13, 2014
    Topics: 1

So, sea sick Steve’s battered old 3 string guitar was passed over to Dawes and Nelson. Dawes didn’t fancy it but Nelson did and slowly started to get a tune out of it.Then we were saved, but the new messiah wanted to bring in his own man. Shame that man didn’t look at the pitch a little whilst he was being shown round as we were actually playing some football that day. Anyhow the new guy was soon given 3 extra strings and turned that guitar into … a banjo.Cheer up, none of this is the new guys fault and at least we can have a stunning rendition of squeezebox as we disappear into the abyss.

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

I am always happy with an away point, but in some ways we needed a win and played one upfront, to me it’s a lost opportunity.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 41

Passion aplenty, tactical awareness not so much. That match needed a win, the only ones who didn’t know it was the manager and players.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Not so surprised he started with one up top but certainly surprised he finished the game that way.

SharpShooter24Sharp_Shooter24
    Participant
    Registered On: April 24, 2014
    Topics: 77

He massively messed up the Barnet home game with his team selection thinking he knew best…. He didn’t!!

He’s now having to massively back track and make amends with Butterfield who is clearly above this level.

Knowing you’ve F**ked up and learning from it is a good thing so credit to him for that.

Personally I don’t think he’s the answer and I think he’s the first mistake the chairman has made.
    Nelson was working with absolutely nothing and for the first time in years we got the ball down and outplayed teams…. What could he have done with the opportunity to bring more players in and have a competitive squad??

Dean has got just shy of half the seasons fixtures to play with a much improved squad, he’s also got an atmosphere and fan backing (thanks to the new owner) not seen at glanny park for years!!
    The reality is if we don’t pick up and potentially stay up then he’s failed.
    It’s nonsense to suggest we are already down and if he keeps us up it’s a miracle… look at the backing he’s had on and off the pitch… that just doesn’t happen normally.
    Over to you Jimmy… sort it out!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

It’s nonsense to suggest we are already down and if he keeps us up it’s a miracle…

To get to 50 points and certain safety then we need 8 wins from the remaining 12 games.

I believe this season that 45 points will ensure survival.
    So, that’s six wins from 12 games then.

We’ve managed six wins from 34 games to date.

Where do you see us collecting those 18 points?

sugij limsugij lim
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2023

…I think Jimmy’s type of manager is good in motivate player.
    And give everything to team, but he is not good tactician.
    This is only acceptable for league below national league.
    I can see we play in NLN more than 1 year, if Jimmy can’t
    learn tactical analyst.

pelePele
    Participant
    Registered On: January 27, 2014
    Topics: 19

I hear murmurings that a few players are upset with him,he’s coming across as a bit of a bully.

Possibly totally untrue like,just what I have heard from a couple of different places since the weekend.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

As many others have said, I would have preferred Nelson till the end of the season and then re-evaluate, I think Nelson had done enough to earn that opportunity. That said Jimmy is here and I will support him and judge him on next season, not this.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

‘Dean has got just shy of half the seasons fixtures to play with’

1st March today mate

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

I hear murmurings that a few players are upset with him, he’s coming across as a bit of a bully.

Thin ice if he is.

“Workplace bullying and harassment
    Bullying and harassment is behaviour that makes someone feel intimidated or offended. Harassment is unlawful under the Equality Act 2010.”

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Our forward line did not look solid enough to pressurise defenders into conceding three. That’s what we really need at the moment in order to pick up points.
    Frankly, seeing us score two in a majority of remaining games looks pretty improbable.

Participant

what forward line Les, one striker and a winger making his full debut and he isn’t up to speed with the division yet, if he is going to play one upfront in our current league position he should have played Wilson or Shields.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Two threads on the manager running at the same time, some are desperate to get everyone behind him.

Blows a lot of hot air.
    Spends money, lots of it.
    Pukeball.
    Expected.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Early info was that Dean liked to play with wingers and get crosses into the box, worked well and proved successful. He is now playing a completely different system which does not seem to be working. He has the players to fit his previously preferred system but seems reluctant to use it. Why?

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Out of his depth
    Pub league manager

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

All valid bull poop IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Fear.
    Fear of losing.
    Managers know that a bad run of defeats leads to the P45 being issued.
    A lot of managers these days set up to not get beat.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Speculate to accumulate etc.
    Attack, attack, attack.

Participant

Wilson, Elliott, McDonagh and Shields should be first name on the team sheet and give it a real go, change of system can happen later in the game, our current system seems to be leading to a slow death.

ironmaster1ironmaster1
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022

He should have stayed with Nelson he must be frustrated the way we are playing, and not picking enough points up. Hilton has come in with no plan just bring in a manager with no idea of the national league. I did predict we would stay up, now i am not so sure. If we cannot beat the bottom club what chance have we got. Yes we have an owner who has saved us from extinction but he has no idea about this league. if we don’t beat Eastleigh that will definitely be curtains for us. THANK SWANN.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Well if he’s a bully like big hair then we won’t go far wrong. And as for a plan by the new he’s owner probably better not to have one given everything that is said is classed by everyone as a promise, the one promise he did make was to pay the tax bill and he’s done that, remember at the moment it’s his money his choices ok by me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.