The Spartans of Blyth

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The Spartans of Blyth

• Author
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Any positive manager would have seen studied Blyth and compared them to our players and gone for it with 2 up top, but no Dean is Mr Conservative.

I’m telling you now, if we started with 442 nice and bright and popped the ball off to the wingers and had them get balls in the box with Elliot running in behind, there isn’t much Blyth would have been able to do about it. Blyth are poor.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

They were one of the worst sides we’ve played all year- a draw is not good enough.

alarm bells are ringing now

1 user thanked author for this post.
    another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022
    Topics: 1

When will we learn just score more goals than the other team stop time wasting as my stags supporting colleague sums up Scunny pass pass pass some more lose possession lose a goal pass pass pass some more you know the rest.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

1-1 to the referee!

Perfectly good goal chalked off for no reason after a PL VAR style delay. Wilson taken out in the area and HE gets booked for diving? Could have won 3/4 nil and we limp away with a draw. Frustrating is putting it mildly!

We did not shut up shop, we’d been playing like that since 7:45! And there’s no point in going long because Whitehall isn’t up to it. He just plods around with a face like a slapped arse! Clunan and Scales both put a shift in but there’s zero quality up front.

When DSF and Wilson got around the back we looked dangerous but it didn’t happen often enough.

So we’ve drawn a match we should have won, following on from a game we won but should have drawn.

And that pretty much explains why we’re not in Tamworth’s position!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

zero quality up front

I beg to differ. Twice we’ve gone 442 and put Elliot up top with Whitehall and he’s netted on both occasions soon after. If Elliot was used correctly with a striker partner he’d have been on a hell of a lot more goals.

Elliot is no lone striker or winger, he’s just being used incorrectly. Whitehall again would benefit from having Elliot up there because despite his size, his hold up play or heading aren’t his strong points, we all knew this already.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Max Bell having a go at us on X, Defending Dean and getting piled on. Marvellous.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Sadly i got the score draw prediction cock on … from reports sounds like it was another strange below par performance (except from JD who thought it was a perfect away one) .. ruined by another crap ref who it sounds like was totally clueless and needs to go to specsavers.

To concede as we did is shameful and will surely cost us come the end of the season ..Blyth were terrible by all accounts yet still couldnt beat them which doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

.Blyth were terrible by all accounts

One of the poorest teams we’ve played all season. Put it this was way, if Dean went 442 and was positive from the start we would have battered them.

They were absolute shite and first time they showed any intent with their first shot on target they scored from. They showed absolutely nothing.

The ref and linesman were absolutely shocking as were some of Deans subs. Going full on defensive even for a few minutes against a team like that, while trying to hold out for the 1 nil win is an absolute piss take.

Yes, they were really, really bad.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

We dropped our ‘chips’ last night:

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

The fact is that almost was every NLN game I’ve ever watched. Absolute car crash refereeing decisions, rubbish football. Have you ever wondered why the average attendances in this league are what they are ? If it was any good why go watch EFL or Premier League or pay for Sky Sports ? No point buying a Newcastle season ticket just go down to Blyth Spartans and watch some quality football for £15…..
    Going on about Dean and his tactics is a waste of breath. Even if Harness and the board found some money to replace him – and wanted to do it – then they are just Swann version 2 sacking a manager that’s second in the league, and only lost 6 league games whilst dealing with the most horrendous situation the club has ever endured.
    I get it that 64 saw something on Deans twitter and doesn’t like him as a person and I get it that CMC maybe knows something about him and has never liked him, so anything less than winning every game in style they are going to take the chance to be critical. But non of that is going to move Dean on.
    In regards to this specific game did Dean change his mind and disallow Scales goal after stupidly playing an advantage for a nothing offside ?
    And was it Dean that didn’t give us a penalty when Wilson was tripped by one defender, stayed on his feet and was then pushed over by another defender, and then book Wilson for diving ?
    Did Dean, in added time which he’d allowed too much of, play a weak pass towards Scales in our own half and allow it to be intercepted ?
    Then how did Dean not manage to not catch the cross that followed, or maybe tip it over the bar rather than palm into his own net ?
    I think we can pick up the necessary points and I think Tamworth will run out of steam.
    If that doesn’t happen and we fail in the playoffs then Dean is gone at the end of his contract, he must know that, so I’ll judge it at the end of the season. Until then you’ll be glad to know I’ll log out and just go to Glanford Park and watch whatever unfolds, unfold.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Good post TJO, a sense of realism would do a few on here no harm whatsoever.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

True.
    The reality is that we’ll be playing in this league next season.
    Tamworth are Champions.
    We ain’t got the qualities to win the play offs.
    The others will want it more.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

WG – Whitehall as you say can’t hold up play. He can’t shoot either (his free kick last night was pathetic) so he’s only good for tap ins and penalties.

Not what I call quality. Might as well have Bennett back!

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Quite a few of us don’t get Whitehall, sent off at Farsley for being an arse and banned for three games, second full start after his ban and he’s booked then subbed because he may get sent off again. FFS man just be more professional.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

We have a genuine chance to hang onto second place and get two playoff home games.
    Problem is that we have to recapture the mood and quality of play seen months ago.
    I think that we may still make playoffs in any case but will lose out if we don’t get the 2nd place advantages.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

If Michelle is the astute businessman she’s cracked up to be, a lack of funds shouldn’t deter her from making the right decisions for the business and if that ment sacking Dean then she should do so, not that I’m advocating that I’ve said all along give him a full season at least.
    Nice to see TJO thinking we can pick up enough points to overall Tamworth and they will run out of steam, obviously he hasn’t watched us since Xmas, deluded or what! Based on what exactly TJO?.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Not what I call quality. Might as well have Bennett back!

I don’t know what you’ve been smoking, but you can’t compare him to Bennett. The thing is Whitehall needs Elliot up there to play to his best and Elliot needs Whitehall up there with him to play to his best.

Only problem is because Dean is that limited tactically he hasn’t came up with a solution to start the two together.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Was that the free kick that their goalie made a great save from NI, you really do need to go to spec savers ,you missed that goal by Miller that time at port vale as well, didn’t he give the pass for the goal? Only 14 tap ins and penalties he must do better.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron

No! He hit it low around the wall to the keeper’s left but it had no power so the keeper who must have been close on 7′ tall had time to smoke one of those things WG is suggesting I’m on before lying down to save it!

Frustrating to watch last night. Body language and attitude both poor.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.