The price of football.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The price of football.

• Author
    ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked
    Registered On: November 29, 2023
    Topics: 0

Who knows ironingboard but I see a mention from Joanne Willerton the clubs accountant at the time that the bank he inherited had limitations.
    Let’s all be united in the news our stadium is secure from
    One bad owner and a real Gem has replaced another.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

I only appeared to show he didn’t make money. Not for a war of words. He did so much damage but the thought of him profiting made my blood boil. I’m comfortable and satisfied he didn’t do that. But I think we can all agree we are better off without him.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Chairwoman just been on radio said dodgy d never paid any bills.

Well knock me down with a feather , who would of thought DH could of been lying ??? again .. suppose now GP is safe and both Swan and Hilts are out the picture the folks in charge whom i might ad actually have the clubs best interests at heart may start to reveal a few more details and this DH didnt pay BOMBSHELL 555555 shock is only the first.

Hoping the next Atheltic article isnt to long away …what you say Itonironiron ??? any comment ??

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

Chairwoman just been on radio said dodgy d never paid any bills.

Well knock me down with a feather , who would of thought DH could of been lying ??? again .. suppose now GP is safe and both Swan and Hilts are out the picture the folks in charge whom i might ad actually have the clubs best interests at heart may start to reveal a few more details and this DH didnt pay BOMBSHELL 555555 shock is only the first.

Hoping the next Atheltic article isnt to long away …what you say Itonironiron ??? any comment ??

I think it was glaringly obvious he didn’t pay most bills. I never once said he did. What I do know he paid is HMRC until July (left £120k debt according to hmrc statements from Sept) and wages until and including August, he obviously paid some bills otherwise how did players eat, how did phones and internet stay on, how did the grass grow, how did players get to away games on VIP busses, how did we attract the calibre of player without paying agents. If you add up what we know was paid and what I have evidence of then it’s clear he lost money. Thats all I’ve ever said, he did not make money on our club. But he clearly didn’t act correctly and was a terrible terrible chairman.
    Whilst Michelle has worked wonders my concern with her is she sounds a little thick, like words are planted in her mouth and she repeats without fully understanding what she is talking about. What happens when the hand outs stop, we can’t have begging buckets at turnstiles every game it’s embarrassing. What happens when this honeymoon period ends and people are fed up with dipping into their pockets? Especially if we don’t get promoted. I know for a fact the £500k wasn’t raised by directors so she’s already lying to us. The foundation put in the majority and Jane Laws charity.
    We have a stadium yes which is great news and on the face of it Michelle is a real Gem but does she have the ability to take us forward long term or is she just riding the wave that inevitably dies. I also heard a big big rumour that is starting to circulate (not from
    Hilton but somebody inside the club)
    This is about Rob Waltham and the real reason he miraculously found £2.5m in a few weeks. Let’s see if that has any legs. But we are still in choppy waters trust me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

I also know that Simon Elliot has not and will not put a penny of his own money into the club, this came directly from James Moody. Also a massive concern is Michelle talking about already setting a budget with our current unpopular manager before we even know what league we will be in. She talks about using profit from this year to fund next years budget but on the other hand says how much we need handouts to survive and clear debt. She means well but she is clearly being steered by others and I doubt Simon is taken seriously, I think he’s just there because she felt fans wanted it.
    Promotion is key for us this year otherwise I fear we may be playing Rushall and Brackley for many many years. Sponsors and supporters will soon get fed up with this level once the honeymoon period is over. Look at our gate in the trophy against Darlington. Less than 2000. That is what we can expect and sustainably in that big stadium we will obviously be a part time club with very average players.
    I also heard Michelle mention we have 4 times the playing budget of clubs at our level. But what she fails to say is our loyal fans come in their droves at present and our gates are 6 times the average. Infact the average is only up because of the away support we take to boost their gates. Two years at this level and people will find better things to do on a Saturday, local kids will support big clubs opposed to a step 6 part time club and our club rapidly dies.
    I’m paying for promotion because sustainable at our level doesn’t work.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

Praying*

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I don’t think anyone denies that some of the running of the club got paid under Hilton. That was never the issue, but clearly a lot didn’t given the repossessions and CCJs which dated from Hilton’s tenure. I am also aware of why The Athletic piece is being delayed, and I don’t want to say too much, but it’s at odds with honest Dave having good intentions. If he didn’t make a profit, it doesn’t mean he didn’t get up to nothing is all I’ll say.

You say he paid the HMRC bill, but it wasn’t out of his own money, was it? So he didn’t lose money from that.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

She means well but she is clearly being steered by others

Who’s steering then?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

I also know that Simon Elliot has not and will not put a penny of his own money into the club, this came directly from James Moody… … I doubt Simon is taken seriously, I think he’s just there because she felt fans wanted it.

So, as I have asked before, what does he actually contribute?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

The person above is not ‘Stuart’.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Goodbye Dave!
    It was a feeble attempt at convincing us on here that you weren’t the pathological liar that we all knew you were!
    I’ll out myself now, I was the man that sat on the front row directly in front of you at the fans forum and asked of you two things, to be open and honest with everyone in the room, you then went on to give a 10 minute tissue of lies, when you finished I walked away and left the room because I knew then of your shady history.
    I was also the same man that sat behind you in court in Leeds and watched you squirm, I knew then what was about to be released by the Athletic.
    The claims you have made on this thread are a tissue of lies, you walked away from Scunthorpe with a bulging wallet, you contributed zero of your own money, you never had any of your own to contribute.
    I’d be surprised if you haven’t changed your name again, you have Deed Poll on speed dial and a direct debit set up with them, that’s if you’re still allowed a bank account.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Your not in a position to call anyone a liar Snot, you were found wanting yourself,

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

My nostradamus-like powers are not failing me.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Since Dave came on here to create a fake account, pretending to be someone else and spreading his nonsense, it does make you wonder who was behind those burners on twitter.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2022

Whatever you do don’t say his name three times.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t encourage him!

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Whatever you do don’t say his name three times.

All four of them three times, or just his latest?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Is there a weighting depending on how many times you say it? Say it three times he appears to spread some misinfo? Say it five times and he doxxes you? Say it ten times and he gives you a death threat?

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Since Dave came on here to create a fake account, pretending to be someone else and spreading his nonsense, it does make you wonder who was behind those burners on twitter.

It’s the constant switching between first person to third person singular that gives it away.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant

Say it twenty times and an impenetrable ransom strip of land appears around Glandford Park.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant

Freudian slip! Glanford

Deereyme66Deereyme66

It’s the constant switching between first person to third person singular that gives it away.

‘Never trust a person who tells you it takes seconds to create a fake email account’.

They should teach that at primary school, along with ‘never talk to strangers’ and ‘never trust a man who never filed any accounts at Companies House’.

Participant

Looks like Hilton is back on the game.
    IMG-0194

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Surprised it’s not under a new surname.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Looks like Hilton is back on the game.
    IMG-0194

Back on the game indeed, wonder how much it will cost the next mug to get f***ed over?

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant

Another WHAM xmas number 1? Last Christmas I gave you all hope, but the very next day I didn’t pay.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

At least we avoided Whamageddon.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

WHAManory.
    Today’s story is read by David.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

Another WHAM xmas number 1? Last Christmas I gave you all hope, but the very next day I didn’t pay.

“Happy Christmas, I made it up and bent it
    Sent a note saying “I love sUfc”, I spent it
    Now you know, what fools you’ve been
    But if you’ve missed me now, I know I’d fool you again”

CMC CMC
    Participant

I see SUFC are being discussed by Keira’s Maguire on tomorrows price of football podcast.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.