The price of football.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The price of football.

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

He may own the gaff Deerey but with that comes responsibilities and he of all people should only deal in what he knows to be true just because he owns the gaff doesn’t mean you can’t censor him as well.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Lol, whatever.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Still no explanation Dave as to why you decided to stop paying the bills
    In July when your support was near universal across the fanbase.

If you genuinely believe that potential adverse supporter reaction to an article was a good enough reason to stop people being able to pay their mortgages is justifiable then that’s certainly some legacy.

I suspect we both know there was an ulterior motive though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You gave him longer than he gave posters to supply their email addreses anyway. You might have to wait a bit longer till our new forum member gets a full response from him, but I’m sure it’s on its way.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2022
    Topics: 0

You gave him longer than he gave posters to supply their email addreses anyway. You might have to wait a bit longer till our new forum member gets a full response from him, but I’m sure it’s on its way.

It’s a shame he hasn’t posted his email address publicly, why does he expect every one else to?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I hope not. It’s a free country, so he can, but I have no interest in what excuses Hilton has to say. What he is saying might be true, but I am sceptical of a lot of it, but I’d rather it come out in the wash and not have more interactions by spokespeople giving his justifications for failure. Some of it, like him banning fans and cutting funding, while promising he’d have kept the club going, to force a consortium to act are just daft and more unbelievable nonsense. I’d rather focus on support for Harness than have a resurgence of this.

I don’t want to hear from Swann either now the ground is seemingly getting sorted. It’s a new era and the past two failures will be that.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Go back to July posts Cliff you’ll find different, i know I suggested at the time for him to walk away, “what kind of team were we going to field at Brigg” his support was maybe universal on the tuther side but definitely not on here Pat gate comes to mind as well during July.

Participant

There were people questioning decision’s , there were others who access to information going on behind the scenes and foresaw what was about to come. They were few and far between though. I remember a few posters on here getting stick for questioning his motives.

His name was chanted on the terraces right up until the banning of the Iron bru 2 and Dave Green. EVEN, after all that in which he admits to planning an exit strategy, he still received support on the Cult Facebook group and throughout our support. There was even a crowd funder to help with legal fees FFS.

I’m not buying it Awayswego and I know you’re not daft enough to believe it either.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It’s just (rather weak, in my opinion) excuses.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked
    Registered On: November 29, 2023

It’s a shame he hasn’t posted his email address publicly, why does he expect every one else to?

It clearly wasn’t daft was it Siderite because Michelle stepped up and he got to leave. The two alternatives were he carries on funding us when he didn’t want to or we die. Either of those would have been bad for him. So his actions got him and us what we wanted.
    I didn’t post to stir unrest, I only posted the evidence that he quite clearly lost a fortune. Everything else said about him has substance but he didn’t take money nor did he buy the club for that reason. He had a go when nobody else would and now we have Michelle rather than Elliot running a phoenix on local parks.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Till I see a plausible reason what he was all about it’s up in the air for me.
    A question for everyone Why did he buy the club? What did he expect to get out of it? A club in heavy debt and the owner of the ground demanding £3 million for it. What was in it for him.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

We’ve all got our theories about that. Personally, he wasted enough of my time before he left (and probably the last 24 hours) so I’m loathe to get too embroiled in it again and dance to his tune. Politely request that posters avoid libellous replies to awaywego’s questions though.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘only posted the evidence that he quite clearly lost a fortune.’

That doesn’t constitute verifiable evidence

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant

It clearly wasn’t daft was it Siderite because Michelle stepped up and he got to leave. The two alternatives were he carries on funding us when he didn’t want to or we die. Either of those would have been bad for him. So his actions got him and us what we wanted.
    I didn’t post to stir unrest, I only posted the evidence that he quite clearly lost a fortune. Everything else said about him has substance but he didn’t take money nor did he buy the club for that reason. He had a go when nobody else would and now we have Michelle rather than Elliot running a phoenix on local parks.

There’s a huge presumption there that Harness wouldn’t have stepped up if he acted more professionally. And what if she didn’t or anyone else didn’t? Honest Dave wouldn’t get thanks for destroying the club and acting like a vindictive individual because he thought it would get people to buy, he would be blamed for acting like the destroyer. Also, it’s completely daft to think this behaviour exonerates him. No, it shows what kind of small and petty minded individual he is. His behaviour was unbecoming, no matter what he says to assure his own conscience about how he was acting in the best interests of the club, while making actions threatening it. If you believe he had those best intentions, how much do you want to pay for my bridge?

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

‘only posted the evidence that he quite clearly lost a fortune.’

That doesn’t constitute verifiable evidence

But when you post your rubbish for weeks with no evidence whatsoever you want people to believe you. Anyone who doesn’t or evidences against your theory are part of a Hilton cult. You say he wasted your time but have spent every week since he left talking about him. I have far more evidence he provided me, I’ve also gone back and asked a few more questions but await a reply.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

You have no interest stirring the pot, yet here you are with more assurances to whip up more division.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

You’ve spent weeks telling us all that read on here that he took our club on for profit, if that didn’t sound crazy on its own you now state that me getting proof he lost money therefore proving you a liar that I’m creating division. It’s far easier if we all just agree with you and deery and pay no interest in the truth. You also said he didn’t pay the tax in January and he benefited by the £40,000 left in the club account a few days before pay day. But you pushing that to supporters who most just want the truth is ok, me publishing proven facts with bank docs is dividing the fans.
    Hilton deserves the shit he gets I agree with none of his decision making toward the end even though it got us all where we wanted including him, but he caused us embarrassment and frightened us all to death but I will repeat, it was impossible without a million plus of income we know nothing about that he made money. He lost. That’s all I came on to confirm.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘But when you post your rubbish for weeks with no evidence whatsoever you want people to believe you.’

I post a lot of rubbish yes, but I’m careful not to make accusations. Not concerned if people agree with me or not.

‘Anyone who doesn’t or evidences against your theory are part of a Hilton cult.’

Nonsense and untrue.

‘You say he wasted your time but have spent every week since he left talking about him’

I really haven’t, and neither have many on here. Until you came along yesterday we were quite happy NOT talking about you, sorry, about Mr Hilton.

Anyway, enough of this time wasting, early Christmas party to get ready for. Toodle-oo.

mickwestMick West
    Keymaster
    Registered On: April 4, 2014
    Topics: 5

Chairwoman just been on radio said dodgy d never paid any bills.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Oh dear. Honest Dave told Stuart he did though.

Participant

Rightly so too.

Over to you Dave

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

You’ve spent weeks telling us all that read on here that he took our club on for profit, if that didn’t sound crazy on its own you now state that me getting proof he lost money therefore proving you a liar that I’m creating division. It’s far easier if we all just agree with you and deery and pay no interest in the truth. You also said he didn’t pay the tax in January and he benefited by the £40,000 left in the club account a few days before pay day. But you pushing that to supporters who most just want the truth is ok, me publishing proven facts with bank docs is dividing the fans.
    Hilton deserves the shit he gets I agree with none of his decision making toward the end even though it got us all where we wanted including him, but he caused us embarrassment and frightened us all to death but I will repeat, it was impossible without a million plus of income we know nothing about that he made money. He lost. That’s all I came on to confirm.

That you are creating division is not a fact, it’s my opinion, so it cannot be a lie. I have said above that you might be right about money coming in. I could be wrong. However, you were recently objecting to my objections over how he was handling the club in his attempted sell. I find his justifications silly and think he would not have done that if he had good intentions. That was not necessary for club sale. The words in his email make me think he was malignent and didn’t want what was best for the club, so even if I am wrong on the money issue, it makes me think he was malicious nevertheless.

Under his tenure we had him communicating via spokespeople and it created division, especially since what was said turned out to be nonsense. I wish Hilton would learn and take ownership and not bother with this self-pity; it was an issue during his tenure. However, he seemingly hasn’t learned, and we now have him yet again speaking with a spokesperson to act on his behalf. I can only speak for myself, but I am not interested in his or Swann’s opinions on how they didn’t do so badly. Hilton has given ample reason for distrust, so I don’t see how such stridency in this is doing anything other than divide. It’s a pointless task.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Lol, has she now. Pure coincidence our new poster appearing with an agenda? Seeen it before haven’t we.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

I don’t know where the idea Deerey was the ringleader of accusations has come from. He has been sceptical of Hilton, but most of the accusations originated from iron insider, sufc_not_on_tour etc.

Also, November is early for a Christmas do! What has the world come to?

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Do not give this loon your email addresses ,we saw what Hilton’s fans/associates did with people’s information when he was in charge. It’s sad that the people who supported this liability are still around spewing their crap and even being feted in the boardroom. I’d also question why someone who sold the club is punting around what he claims to be club accounts information that doesn’t belong to him, shouldn’t it have stayed with the business he sold?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

I see no proof of Deerey smearing Hilton

fans6464

“him and his boyfriend can barely feed themselves so what’s the point” as if the athletic wouldn’t pay to protect to protect their man, he’d lose and he knows it ,

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant

I’d also question why someone who sold the club is punting around what he claims to be club accounts information that doesn’t belong to him, shouldn’t it have stayed with the business he sold?

A bit of a tricky area if Dave was using his personal bank account for business transactions.

fans6464

why would he do that?

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant

Who knows, it’s a mystery.

Perhaps itonironiron could clear that up for everyone?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.