The price of football.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The price of football.

• Author
    ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked
    Registered On: November 29, 2023
    Topics: 0

£80,000 in 1899 payments (some were paying monthly)
    £200,000 in season tickets
    £140,000 in advertising and hospitality
    £30,000 shirt sales 23/24
    £180,000 in matchday profit between January and the end of April
    £120,000 other director contributions.
    £160,000 efl and league payments.
    Pre season Friendlies barely covered re stocking costs

Where is all this money that I have taken. Where did it actually come from? The club had turned over in my tenure far less than a million and it’s easy to see more than double that going out. Without getting creative on things it’s glaringly obvious I paid out far more than what came in even if alot was left unpaid.

I inherited a club where losing had become a habit, it was riddled in debt with practically no stock, a massive wage bill, a failing academy that was sucking the life out of the club. I benefited nothing from most of the crowd coming to the games in the national league as the vast amount had bought season tickets before my time, I’ve attached the first game financial report against Bromley to show how little came in. I’ve also attached Aprils Gross payroll so you can see just one months wages. We made £28k, from Bromley, we had a Good Friday night game but the final 6 games the crowds dropped and Oldham with forced policing we actually lost money.
    I also had the efl freeze parachute payments in May at £40,000 a month because of the info leaking about me. Monies that were budgeted for.

Keeping a football club running wasn’t just aged creditors either threatening court action from the day I walked in, it’s matchday security, away team coaches, data vests, medical supplies, scans, balls, insurances, players food, grass fertiliser and seed, portakabins and containers, vehicles, phones, internet, websites, ticketing systems, printers and player agents and much much more.

I stopped payments in July as my exit was all but confirmed. I couldn’t cope. My intentions were honourable but I had failed miserably and I’m completely to blame. Falling out with Swann was something that crippled me, lying about my past, interacting unprofessionally, getting rid of staff and trying to run the club 100 miles away all contributed to my downfall.

I lost a fortune I did not make a penny on the club. If anybody looks at the numbers I don’t even need to be believed. It’s there in front of you. My losses can be evidenced at seven figures. But the fact is the club is safe, it’s in good hands with a good playing squad,that is comfortably sustainable if the debt is eradicated. Infact the gross wage bill was at £130,000 per month when I left. A significant drop from January with a far better playing squad albeit far less staff on the non playing side.
    I got the club out of many ridiculous contracts and made tough horrible decisions for the good of the club like losing the academy. The academy left the club in £200,000 debt alone.

In the end I was so desperate to get out as they were to get me out and the consortium were not interested and most refused to back it as the head of it refused to put any money of his own in. He preferred to travel 120 miles to do self promoting photo shoots at Jimmys hospital bedside and publishing them before he was back in his car. Whilst they were seeing me paying out they happily let me suffer, that’s why I stopped the finance. I publicised a move to Gainsborough and threw myself under the bus completely by banning some high profile supporters which I never would have done. It was all to show the the consortium I had out stayed my welcome and it wasn’t going to be yesterdays chip paper that everyone kept telling me it would so I stayed in a hostile environment funding it. I wanted them to think they had to step up or the club would go. (I never would have let the club go) I’m fortunate though that Michelle stepped up as the consortium didn’t. I walked away with substantial losses which she acknowledged and wished me well away from football as I made it clear Scunthorpe Utd would be my last club. I’m certain most will be happy about that but i will still hold on to the great things I achieved at Ilkeston even if I failed so miserably at Scunthorpe.

I shouldn’t have purchased Scunthorpe, The baggage I carried alone put the club at risk and even with the best intentions the trust was never going to be there. This only led to fractures within the club and poor decision making on my part with many innocent supporters undeservedly being put through the mill. My failings are well publicised and I accept all of that but who knows where the club would be now, maybe further ahead, maybe still in the national league or maybe a phoenix at step 11. But the facts are I lost a lot of money, I never held the club to ransom like Dale at Bury, I didn’t just let it go to anyone I made sure the new owner was someone capable and connected with the club at heart. I worked hard when I was there and intentions were honourable. I just got it wrong.
    I am extremely sorry to anyone caught in the crossfire during extremely turbulent times I accept I failed because of me, my past, my actions and my decision making but it was far from a profit making venture.

I do however wish Scunthorpe United all the very best for the future and every success. I still watch their games with my boys.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

He has sent receipts for HMRC, official club matchday breakdowns, internal club email correspondence and with HMRC, a copy of Januarys and Aprils payroll. Plus other things I’m happy to share. He has blanked out individual staff wages though so we cannot see what players are on individually.
    Jan payroll £180,000
    Apr payroll £213,000
    My god

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant
    Registered On: September 21, 2023
    Topics: 37

Why has he sent this letter and those supporting documents to you in particular, if you don’t mind me asking?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The evidence is seemingly Dave says. His words mean nothing, he was economical with the truth so many times. We’ll see what comes out in the wash, but I suspect it will tell a different story.

DiceyDawsonDawson
    Participant
    Registered On: February 8, 2016

He has sent receipts for HMRC, official club matchday breakdowns, internal club email correspondence and with HMRC, a copy of Januarys and Aprils payroll. Plus other things I’m happy to share. He has blanked out individual staff wages though so we cannot see what players are on individually.
    Jan payroll £180,000
    Apr payroll £213,000
    My god

Get sharing it on here then Herbert stop beating around the bush.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Jan payroll £180,000
    Apr payroll £213,000
    My god

Get sharing it on here then Herbert stop beating around the bush.

It’s not Herbert is it Stuart!
    I’ve never read so much absolute crap in my life.
    Hilton wouldn’t know the truth if it smacked him in the face.
    He’s a pathological liar.
    When the article part 2 comes out, you’ll all see the truth.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

This is what this site does. Spins a false story and refuse to look at he truth. I notice not one email address was provided as you do not want site of the facts, the stories you create are more entertaining I suppose. The evidence is there but he’s not wrong, look a those number, can somebody please tell me where any extra income has appeared from other than what he’s itemised. His payroll and HMRC statements are fact I have them. Il repeat you can see them.

So if this money he took is true and it’s not just hate fuelled rabble then I ask you all, where did it come from. Everything I’ve seen shows me he lost money.

bishopsfingerBishops Finger
    Participant
    Registered On: September 7, 2014
    Topics: 14

Good afternoon Mr David,
    when posting images here I use https://imgbb.com/. Just upload the image and it gives you the code to copy in here
    really look forward to seeing your evidence.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Why did you stop payments in July when you had near universal support and a ball wasn’t kicked ?

You thought some fans might turn on an article being released so decided players and bills needn’t be paid, how does that sit with you on time to reflect?

Why, when asked directly at the fans forum, did you conceal the truth when supporters when all we asked for honesty?

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

Why has he sent this letter and those supporting documents to you in particular, if you don’t mind me asking?

I had a reasonable relationship with him, I bought into him and then was let down by him.
    I emailed him and he responded, I asked for evidence he provided it. That’s what people do who want the truth.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

Good afternoon Mr David,
    when posting images here I use https://imgbb.com/. Just upload the image and it gives you the code to copy in here
    really look forward to seeing your evidence.

https://ibb.co/WgyT1nHhttps://ibb.co/PYFByLthttps://ibb.co/LvYvZPkhttps://ibb.co/MgfVgkB

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

So you have no evidence to publish just a story you write, yeah really convincing that. Moving on and awaiting the truth from the second factual instalment from The Athletic.

Participant

I had a reasonable relationship with him, I bought into him and then was let down by him.
    I emailed him and he responded, I asked for evidence he provided it. That’s what people do who want the truth.

Give it a rest Stuart, he used you as his puppet to spread lies and he dropped you when he came across a bigger mug, Jason Herbert.
    You’re supposed to be intelligent but I’m beginning to doubt that as well.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked
    Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

This is what this site does. Spins a false story and refuse to look at he truth. I notice not one email address was provided as you do not want site of the facts, the stories you create are more entertaining I suppose. The evidence is there but he’s not wrong, look a those number, can somebody please tell me where any extra income has appeared from other than what he’s itemised. His payroll and HMRC statements are fact I have them. Il repeat you can see them.

So if this money he took is true and it’s not just hate fuelled rabble then I ask you all, where did it come from. Everything I’ve seen shows me he lost money.

Not providing email addresses doesn’t mean an aversion to facts (your version of). It just means nobody wanted to give you their email address.

ItonironironItonironiron
    Blocked

Not providing email addresses doesn’t mean an aversion to facts (your version of). It just means nobody wanted to give you their email address.

I’ve tried to upload it as requested hopefully you can see it. If not, somebody just set up any email just for this and I will share it.

I’m amazed that nobody actually wants the facts they just love piping on about things that are untrue.
    Michelle is a much better fit, but he lost money it’s clear for anyone with gcse maths to see that unless there’s some hidden millions that came into the club we didn’t know about.

Participant

IMG-4865

Participant

IMG-4866

Participant

IMG-4870

Participant

IMG-4864

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Anyone for humble pie.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2022

Anyone for humble pie.

I’ve got some magic beans if you’d like to buy some?

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

In the end I was so desperate to get out as they were to get me out and the consortium were not interested and most refused to back it as the head of it refused to put any money of his own in. He preferred to travel 120 miles to do self promoting photo shoots at Jimmys hospital bedside and publishing them before he was back in his car. Whilst they were seeing me paying out they happily let me suffer, that’s why I stopped the finance. I publicised a move to Gainsborough and threw myself under the bus completely by banning some high profile supporters which I never would have done. It was all to show the the consortium I had out stayed my welcome and it wasn’t going to be yesterdays chip paper that everyone kept telling me it would so I stayed in a hostile environment funding it. I wanted them to think they had to step up or the club would go. (I never would have let the club go) I’m fortunate though that Michelle stepped up as the consortium didn’t.

Elliott’s proposed consortium fell apart because he actually had no money of his own so was coattailing, but plenty of ego and entitlement – and those actually with the money (including Sharpe) had little trust and ditched him to rally around modest Michelle instead. Elliott then somehow manoeuvred his way into the new set-up.

Is that what we’re supposed to read out of this? It certainly closely matches other stuff I’ve heard said.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Always said St Simon and Ian not so Sharp were cheapskates.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Always said St Simon and Ian not so Sharp were cheapskates.

Sharp put a substantial amount of money in. That’s not being a cheapskate.

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

Give it a rest Stuart, he used you as his puppet to spread lies and he dropped you when he came across a bigger mug, Jason Herbert.

Stuart Maw and Intelligence don’t go hand in hand

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Substantial if your talking the likes of me, but not when we’re talking about a multiple millionaire,it was hardly likely leave him down to his last million. And he wanted back what he put in. Will be interesting to see whether the ground will be owned by a separate company to the club, either way they’ll want back what they pay for it.

Apollo11Apollo11
    Participant

Substantial if your talking the likes of me, but not when we’re talking about a multiple millionaire,it was hardly likely leave him down to his last million. And he wanted back what he put in. Will be interesting to see whether the ground will be owned by a separate company to the club, either way they’ll want back what they pay for it.

Perhaps Sharp presumed he could be part of any Board that Hilton put together? Perhaps Hilton refused to accommodate that. I’d suggest that the whole ‘wanting it back’ thing at that particular moment was a ploy, a way for Sharp to annoy Hilton. If not, do you think he’s still suing the club for the 150k despite being on the Board?

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

So, when is the 2nd article due to be published?

Participant

Stuart Maw and Intelligence don’t go hand in hand

Wrong surname, it’s not Maw, but Stuart knows exactly who he is.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.