The new stadium.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The new stadium.

• Author
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

“ The owner of an asset of community value must inform the local authority if they wish to sell the asset. If a qualifying community group wants to buy the asset, they can trigger a moratorium for six months, to give them a chance to raise the money to purchase the asset. The owner does not have to sell to a community group. The asset of community value listing only improves the chances of community groups being able to purchase by providing more time to raise funds. It does not require the owner to sell at a discount.”

I would assume GP is no longer subject to an ACV.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

It was you Deerey who put a blog up from Gareth about St Simon and Ian walking away because of all the messing about Swann was doing, do you recall that?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Was it? Man, I’ll sleep poorly tonight. Cheers mate.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

“ The owner of an asset of community value must inform the local authority if they wish to sell the asset. If a qualifying community group wants to buy the asset, they can trigger a moratorium for six months, to give them a chance to raise the money to purchase the asset. The owner does not have to sell to a community group. The asset of community value listing only improves the chances of community groups being able to purchase by providing more time to raise funds. It does not require the owner to sell at a discount.”

I would assume GP is no longer subject to an ACV.

Even worse situation than I thought then.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 17

So you think Hilton can get the stadium for free and force him into a rent deal he doesn’t want? It doesn’t matter who the owner is. It could be Wharton, Swann, the Glazers, Elon Musk or Monty Burns, I don’t see how Hilton can claim GP based on his stated reasoning. I don’t see how anyone could just get a stadium essentially for free. Like I said, it’s not about believing Swann, it’s about the logistics. Of course I could be wrong.

He doesn’t want it for free.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I mention the rent offer, of which I can’t see how Swann is obliged to accept.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Tbf, I can see why I confused you. What I meant was that I don’t know how he can get a ground from Swann without paying him with this sub-leasing scheme or through a rent offer which doesn’t satisfy Swann. Like I say, I could be wrong, but it makes me worried.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

The worrying thing for me is that Hilton’s next surname change will be to Freeman and his Christian name to Nick.
    I already think he thinks he is him.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Why are we talking about the’ Ransom ” ?
    Isn’t the case about whether or not there is a rental agreement in place and nothing to do with buying ?
    Anything else is pointless.
    As a purely barrack room lawyer I’d say the case will be decided by whether A, there is an agreement in place already and if so has anyone tried to work outside it.
    B, If “Dave” is offering less then he may be in breach? He claims to have offered two amounts so far, why make any offer if you have an agreement?
    If there is an agreement then is there a clause that allows for termination, if so Swann wins, if not then Hilton wins.
    The “ransom strip” is a pointless false flag in this particular debate in my opinion

1 user thanked author for this post.
    lucentdreamlucentdream
    Participant
    Registered On: June 19, 2017
    Topics: 18

I think a judge will side with Swann. In my humble opinion, I don’t think Hilton and Scunthorpe United have a leg to stand on.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Yes Deerey it was you, it’s very convenient what you can’t recall never mind, at least we can all agree that Swann did move the goalposts with St Simon and by that he probably is with Hilton.

fans6464

I think a judge will side with Swann. In my humble opinion, I don’t think Hilton and Scunthorpe United have a leg to stand on.

It’s tough to say that as we only have two very disparate versions of events,somebody is lying ?

fans6464

” and by that he probably is with Hilton.” no you can’t ,not in court anyway

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

What a terrible situation the football club is in, there are less than a couple of weeks to go, and this is hanging over the club and it’s supporters, and the problem is, can anyone really believe what either of these two guys are telling us.
    All this is happening, even though it was announced six months ago that Hilton had bought the club and the stadium, he even formed that 1899 club where fans could buy a 1/1,899 share to make them part owners of the Stadium, then later on it turned out that he had not bouhjy the ground.
    So if the club have no right to play at GP, how the hell did they play Donny on Saturday, and are playing Hull City tonight ????.
    Why the hell do the pair of them lie to the fans, at this late stage, if Hilton has an agreement, why the hell does he not settle the issue and produce it and get on with things, Swanns stand is because of his hatered of SUFC and its fans, he has made that so obvouse over the past four or five years.

I cannt understand why, under Swanns full management of the club guided them into an 11 or 12 millon pound debt, then to steal the assets from the club because of the result of his own doing, but at the end of the day, it is the supporters that suffer and are paying their money, but with justeleven days before kick off they are on this forum guessing what they think will happen to their club.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

The Iron are playing at GP at the moment BS because Swann is taking them to court to try and evict them for not buying the ground, although the font of all knowledge ironinsider did say the Iron would not play any games at GP and we would never see them playing in a new kit or see any new players play for us. It’s all bollocks TBF.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Yes, he’s gone quiet hasn’t he. Maybe those “promises” he made are starting to worry him? Is he busy in court?

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Not sure if there is much more to be said until the court case, which has been lodged. I have no interest in from Swann on a regular basis.

fans6464

I cannt understand why, under Swanns full management of the club guided them into an 11 or 12 millon pound debt, then to steal the assets from the club because of the result of his own doing,” Tory Britain
    One word Capitalism

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

I cannt understand why, under Swanns full management of the club guided them into an 11 or 12 millon pound debt, then to steal the assets from the club because of the result of his own doing,” Tory Britain
    One word Capitalism

Gamblers mindset that’s why, thought you would have worked that one out.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

I saw a couple or three blokes with hard hats, shovels and an excavator down by the ‘new ground’ earlier.
    Has work commenced?

RivermanRiverman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 22, 2023
    Topics: 0

Dave said recently they hoped to get the first spade in the soil in early spring, September is a bit early yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Dave said recently they hoped to get the first spade in the soil in early spring, September is a bit early yet.

I thought that was / is for his early cropping potatoes? 🤷‍♂️

ironlion82ironlion82
    Participant
    Registered On: January 20, 2014
    Topics: 8

After the latest statement by the Chairman it’s hardly going to help him in his Court case with Mr Swann
    As for the proposed new Ground again after the latest Statement will any Council or Development Fund really invest public funds into its proposed development.

2 users thanked author for this post.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.