The new stadium.

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The new stadium.

• Author
    sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Artist’s impression now on the Happy clappers Facebook page.
    It must’ve took all of 2 minutes with an etch o sketch.
    Marvellous Mr Loophole, marvellous.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 67

Have you a link? I don’t do FB and it’ll probably take me a week to find what you are referencing.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Dave and Smitho

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

No idea what that refers to 64. I’m guessing you’ve been fishing on the Facebook group?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Even tho as suggested its a crap artist impression be nice to see it and dream ..im get blocked entry on that FB page.
    Cant believe it appears some Iron fans are buying into the new ground in 2 years fantasy .. i would bet my smaller left testicle IF..IF it happens be nearer 5 years than 2.

this fella thinks Glebe rd in 2 is a possibility obviously

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Any update on when the Swann v Hilton case is due in court? The elephant hasn’t left the room.

Participant

Supposedly within weeks in Leeds.
    According to Mr Loophole in the non league paper he’s convinced he’ll win and will see the next season out at GP.
    I’m not convinced but then I’m not a high court judge.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

Have a read of Swanns statement again. He doesn’t mention the unregistered strip of land or the right of way at all yet these are the main basis in Hilton’s statements for not being able to complete on the deal to purchase GP.
    Will a high court judge care one way or the other ?
    Coolsilk own GP and Hilton hasn’t bought it as agreed, I think a judge will say buy it or leave it and probably won’t be too impressed with Hilton’s lease stunt.
    I hope I’m wrong and we stay at GP but it doesn’t look good*.

*(in my own totally unqualified opinion…..)

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The high court judge will care if there is a unregistered piece of land and aright of way for farmer McDonald senior. Why wouldn’t he that’s is job to sort.

Participant

I don’t know, is it his job? They deal with facts and previous case law. Whether the judge likes football or their arthritis is playing up on the day won’t come into it. If there is some issue that Hilton doesn’t like I think the judge will say “don’t buy it then”.

Participant

Some of the members of the cult of Dave are having their judgement clouded.
    Judges only deal with the law, not what’s best for football supporters.
    As for Mr Loophole, I can’t imagine any judge will be swayed by his tactics.
    As much as none of us want the outcome, I don’t see anything other than Swann coming out of this absolute debacle on top.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The high court judge will care if there is a unregistered piece of land and aright of way for farmer McDonald senior. Why wouldn’t he that’s is job to sort.

Lawyer aswell as former shop steward? Is there no end to your talents?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Some of the members of the cult of Dave are having their judgement clouded.
    Judges only deal with the law, not what’s best for football supporters.
    As for Mr Loophole, I can’t imagine any judge will be swayed by his tactics.
    As much as none of us want the outcome, I don’t see anything other than Swann coming out of this absolute debacle on top.

I agree … High court judges award cases based on the detail of the law within the facts of the case nothing else ..alas if i were a betting man my 50p would sadly be on Swan / Coolsilk as legal owners of GP to win.

Interested BystanderInterested Bystander
    Participant
    Registered On: April 9, 2023
    Topics: 15

I don’t know, is it his job? They deal with facts and previous case law. Whether the judge likes football or their arthritis is playing up on the day won’t come into it. If there is some issue that Hilton doesn’t like I think the judge will say “don’t buy it then”.

The hearing will be to establish, in the absence of a commercial leasehold tenancy agreement issued by the freeholder and/or the permission of the freeholder to occupy the same, whether or not Scunthorpe United Football Club Ltd and Hilton have any legal right to remain there. That’s it.

Hilton agreed to purchase the freehold subject to conveyancing. If conveyancing has thrown up issues which Hilton is unhappy with, this doesn’t automatically mean that Swann has to rectify those issues or indeed issue the club/Hilton with a leasehold agreement to satisfy their immediate requirements.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

Unless Swann has a new buyer for the land you would think, if he wins the case of course, he would welcome a fixed amount of monthly rental income for GP and said land till a buyer is found. I mean after all bookies need paying and legal bills need settling, don’t think fresh air counts as legal tender yet.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

When I bought my house my solicitor’s sorted all the little issues out with the owners solicitor’s and we didn’t exchange until both were happy that’s all that Hilton wants to do, (he has stated that which we should be able to agree on) Would appear that Swanny does think he’s a lawyer and wants to run the show himself, why all of a sudden are people believing in Swann when 6 months ago wouldn’t give him the time of day Deerey especially.

Participant

I think where Swann is concerned it would be wise to look a couple of moves ahead rather than too much at what is happening immediately.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 0

The solicitor puts the facts and concerns to you and you then decide yes or no.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

In my time dealing with CC judges – I do think that arthritis issues as well as leaving early on a Friday to play golf might come into play. (Far too many dream of being makers of case law.) The judiciary got steadily worse during my decade.
    TBH though, I have only been involved in civil matters a few times but the judges therein didn’t seem all that different to the CC types.
    I’d personally wager that the guy who makes the worse impression will lose.
    I was once in Sheffield CC and watched a 100% innocent trio made to pay monies they did not owe to a certain body as reparations for the illegal acts of a criminal working for that aforementioned body – by then dead.
    I was talking to the trio 30 seconds after the judge had told them that if they chose to fight these huge financial payments and happened to be found guilty – he would jail them for 5 years each!
    Judges know how to put pressure on folks to make them bow to their desires. Incidentally, when they all agreed to plead guilty + pay huge amounts they never owed as required – the judge had an early trip home.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The solicitor amongst other things do searches one of them being “The dreaded land registry search” obviously Hilton’s did that and found the unregistered piece of land, they then are supposed to query it with Swann’s solicitor’s and get them to sort it, they don’t go to Swanny he’s not knowledgeable enough and funnily enough that’s why you pay them else you could get shafted, it’s not like Reeves said a yes or no decision at this moment in time. Of course it’s all up in the air and the outcome is not certain.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘why all of a sudden are people believing in Swann when 6 months ago wouldn’t give him the time of day Deerey especially.’

Nowt to do with belief. Just being objective and not getting sucked in by emotional attachment.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Yep. I don’t have to think Swann is the most trustworthy soul on the planet to wonder how Hilton can expect to play in a stadium which hasn’t been paid for or where the owner hasn’t accepted a rental offer. No matter the morality, I don’t see how Swann can be forced to accepting a rental offer from Hilton or allow him the stadium for free because of some loophole.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

You believe if Hilton pays Swann £1,5 million it’s a done deal like Swann ask for in his statement,if that’s not believing Swann I don’t no what is, when it was St Simon and Ian, most of you said Swann kept moving the goalposts, what’s changed now, err I know it’s someone you don’t want that’s all.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

‘when it was St Simon and Ian, most of you said Swann kept moving the goalposts’

I don’t recall anyone saying that on here. Wouldn’t have come from me as that’s not what Simon told me.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

So you think Hilton can get the stadium for free and force him into a rent deal he doesn’t want? It doesn’t matter who the owner is. It could be Wharton, Swann, the Glazers, Elon Musk or Monty Burns, I don’t see how Hilton can claim GP based on his stated reasoning. I don’t see how anyone could just get a stadium essentially for free. Like I said, it’s not about believing Swann, it’s about the logistics. Of course I could be wrong.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Who has the best lawyers? Swann or Hilton? Don’t suppose Hilton will be best pleased with his if their strategy is wrong. Hope they are right though, because groundsharing would be disastrous financially. Unless the magic money tree is still bearing fruit.

Participant

The majority of the posters on this forum should be old enough to know there are two sides to every story.
    Swann and Hilton, one is shouting the odds via social media to anyone who’ll listen, the other is keeping quiet which is the way it should be.
    Anyone naive enough to believe the one who shouts loudest is the one that’s in the right will be brought down to earth with a bump IMO.
    I don’t know how this court case will go, neither do any posters on this forum, on Facebook or Twitter, there’s far too many armchair lawyers and despite many of them claiming to know the law, none of them know the details of the deal that was agreed in January.
    They only know what the two parties have publicly disclosed so one of them is a liar.
    The judge and lawyers will sift through it and a decision will be made, either way it’s to the detriment of Scunthorpe United and it’s supporters.

Participant

Look at how Swann engineered seperating the ground from the club, and getting us to this situation. Bit by bit, “the club is protected”, “99 year lease”, “blah blah blah” then relegation, winding up order, sale of sufc separately to Hilton.

The issue for Swann now is that GP has been registered as an asset of community value, it seems to me that means as long as that is the case it can only be sold as a sports stadium which pretty much limits the interested parties to sufc. Therefore he now needs to sell it to sufc or create a situation where the asset of community value doesn’t stand anymore or he can argue that it is no longer relevant.
    What worries me is that he will get a court order to repossess GP, Hilton then fires up his contingency ground share and new ground plans (whether the new stadium is achievable or not is irrelevant). Swann then goes to court for removal of the asset of community value saying sufc haven’t bought the ground as offered to them, they are now ground sharing and planning to build a new stadium.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Aye, I have no knowledge of the deal, and not much knowledge of law. I just hope Swann dropped a clanger with how the stadium deal can be done, but I cannot see how from my own knowledge, and explanations I have seen don’t seem convincing.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

I don’t think that’s the case, Jury. I stand to be corrected, but doesn’t the Community asset tag only give interested parties 6 weeks to declare an interest in tabling a bid. They then get up 6 months to make an offer, if they declare an interest. However, that will only be triggered if Swann decides to sell to a third party.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.