Home Forums Non Football The new cuddly Tories

THE-99%
    Topics: 890
    Replies: 4234

Remember when the Tories were proudly telling us they housed all homeless people? Yeah 2 months later they’ve cut all the funding and are putting rough sleepers back on the streets.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 249
    Replies: 10997

Ah yes, but they’re making sure that they are two metres apart!

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 631

why should they freeload 99% help them of course, but i had to pay for my house over 25 years and my children rent, the government have given councils £3.2 million of extra funding in the last 2 months to help with this sort of thing, lets hope the councils step up.

1 user thanked author for this post.

THE-99%

step up with what?

THE-99%

3.2m?Barely a minutes worth of Grayling

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Bloody hell it’s bad enough this current bunch in power wasting money on faulty PPE from Turkey, imagine the extra money wasted it that inept twat Grayling was still in the Government. I will congratulate the Kipper on binning him.

Awaywego
    Participant

Bloody hell this predictive text, it was 3.2 billion 99% and the council’s could step up and spend some of it on the homeless.

Northumbiron
    Participant

I see they’ve sunk to the depths of 80s Thatcherism.

Demonising Unions and denying professionals a political voice whilst some fly-by-night minister professes to know more than those who have been doing the job for thirty years.

The stench of rotting ideologies is overpowering!

Awaywego
    Participant

It was Jenny Harries taking on the BMA, and far from denying them a political voice she encouraged them to bring the evidence to the sage group about why children should not go back to school as they had not seen that model and would welcome it. Health workers,care workers, shop workers, steelworkers, all other workers, putting there life on the line, so why not school teachers, bring back Pol Pot.

Awaywego
    Participant

NI, I will be alright though won’t I.😁

Gurnelista
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 1107

Look AWG, if the school is open, there are more than just teachers and pupils present. There are dinner staff, maintenance and admin people etc., as well as parents who drop off and pick up.

Because of the ways kids hug and play, ‘distancing’ is near impossible in most contexts. So, the disease can be passed from kid to kid, who may not even know they have it, yet they can they can pass it on to each other and to adults, either at school or at home.

This is quite different to health workers, who should have PPE, who work in a sanitized environment, and whose patients are known to have the disease, meaning they can be isolated and treated.

As for shop workers and steel workers, the risk is considerably less than for teachers (but still significant), because again, they can maintain distance.

As you said earlier, sh1t happens, but it’s incumbent on everyone to try to minimize it wherever possible. This is what the unions are trying to do.

Once again, you’re just repeating the government/Daily Mail line on this without thinking about it. Both would much rather you were distracted from criticising this shitshow of a government, and turned on the teachers instead.

As for Pol Pot, if being told what to do and what to think is such a pleasure, it seems democracy is wasted on you.

4 users thanked author for this post.

bartonscorpion
    Participant
    Topics: 144
    Replies: 3006

Remember when the Tories were proudly telling us they housed all homeless people? Yeah 2 months later they’ve cut all the funding and are putting rough sleepers back on the streets.

A typical THE-99% Labour Leftie thread, seeing interviews of Hull rough sleepers, many of them are offered accomodayion but flatly refuse to take it.

So time to start another of your Labour moans, but get your facts right before you put it onto this forum, although it is certainly at home in this section like all other Leftie news.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 1928

10:24 tonight. Same post, same value, absolute zero.

Northumbiron
    Participant

Awaywego you prove my point.

Everyone thinks they know all about it because they went to school once. This Williamson character looks like he only left school a couple of years ago. Let the professionals decide.

As Gurney says, year one children have no concept of social distancing. They are also too young to fully understand personal hygiene. The supervision five and six year olds require under normal circumstances would be totally inadequate in the present circumstances. Teaching staff and classroom assistants would have to maintain their distance too. The whole idea is a minefield.

Older kids who understand the need for social distancing may be able to return in due course but the logistics are complex. Our village school has been operating with seven kids whose parents are key workers in attendance. As people start returning to work numbers will go up entailing a complete reorganisation. I believe they are going to split the day, with some kids attending 8pm – 12, and others 1pm – 5.

And that’s a small village primary. Think what the organisation of a big city school would be like.

You then have to factor in transport in rural areas, and decide whether the meals service should start up again. How do you monitor break times or ensure the kids are getting to and from school safely if the don’t use the school bus.

We are not talking about sensible adults returning to work under a new set of rules, these are vulnerable young children.

Awaywego
    Participant

Gurnelista the Pol pot bit was a joke, NI was a school teacher and good old pot killed most of the school teachers and academics in Cambodia I would be alright because the forum 6,7,8 think I am a thicko “get it”😀. Like Jenny says let the unions and BMA bring the evidence forward that they haven’t seen has Sage work on evidence not sentiment, children aged between 0-9 have only a death rate of 0.06% so it’s not the.children who are vulnerable,that age group don’t tend to use public transport to get to school.So let’s have rely on the modelling and evidence not gushy sentiment and hysteria, I am sure you all know we have to move forward and now it’s the time for SOME school teachers to take a bit more risk.

Northumbiron
    Participant

If you want to know why reception and years 1 & 2 should not be the first to go back read this article from our local paper.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/uk-schools-reopen-changes-coronavirus-18262472.amp

Gurnelista
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 1107

AWG, if you really think this issue is about ‘gushy sentiment and hysteria’, my God, you really have even less common sense than I thought. It’s exactly why telling people to use their ‘British common sense’ does not work – there ain’t much of it about.

Look, if you read the points made above you’d see the risk isn’t from children dying from Covid, it’s from the ways they transmit Covid, because they don’t practise distancing, as NI has clearly explained. They tend to touch and breathe on everything and everyone, and that’s a recipe for transmission to adults.

It’s not a pleasant thought, but hygiene among kids of that age isn’t so different to hygiene among the elderly, with end-of-life care being even more so, and we’re already seeing the dreadful carnage in the care homes.

While care home care is unavoidable, but can be mitigated somewhat with PPE, with schools it can be avoided – they can remain closed if the government steps in with support.

Fact is, the country is being led by a bunch of idiots. They’re donkeys, who are sending ‘lions’ out of the trenches and straight into the line of fire, just as they did in WWI. Meanwhile, as the ministers hide at the back, they excuse themselves by getting the likes of yourself to blame the teachers and doctors.

How long before dumb Joe Public is persuaded to send them white feathers?

Heath
    Participant

“Like Jenny says let the unions and BMA bring the evidence forward”.

“children aged between 0-9 have only a death rate of 0.06%”.

You might know enough to tell so called jokes about Pol Pot (when has mass population murder ever been something to laugh about) but it’s pretty clear you know sod all about risk assessment.

The duty is on the employer to undertake risk assessments and provide all the evidence that the workplace can be safe. Just picking a random date and a couple of boredom inducing speeches from school boy Williamson and don’t give a shit Gove is not enough.

0.06% is not a low risk especially when assessing risk to children.

Northumbiron
    Participant

now it’s the time for SOME school teachers to take a bit more risk.

Who do you think has been teaching the children of key workers for the past two months?

Staff have been going into schools. My goddaughter has been in teaching two days a week, alternating with other staff. Our friend who teaches in the village has been in every day.

The idea that they have been on a long jolly and don’t want to go back is a false one.

Awaywego
    Participant

Will you listen to Italy’s prime minister then “easing lockdown is a calculated risk” Your a funny lot 4more posts and still opinions but no evidence.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

It will always have to be a calculated risk until a vaccine is developed and implemented. We want to minimise the risk as much as possible, which is what the unions are asking for. The issue is that there are concerns that measures aren’t adequate; we don’t want a steep second wave to occur because of negligence.

There is a slight difference between Italy, which has seen a steeper decline in case numbers and deaths than the UK, so is able to return to normalcy faster.

Awaywego
    Participant

Listen to lord Sumption and his opinion, but remember it is only an opinion. He top trumps yours.

Awaywego
    Participant

Sorry Heath I didn’t realize you have had a frontal lobotomy 😂

Northumbiron
    Participant

Listen to lord Sumption and his opinion,

Ah! So now I understand where your points of view originate.

An infringement of your civil liberties.

I think I’ll listen to what the professionals say. Not a character off The Fast Show!

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

The last time I checked, Lord Sumption is a historian and former senior judge, so I defer to the trade unions and BMA who have greater knowledge in the area over pandemics and the reopening of schools.

Heath
    Participant

Now your laughing at your own “joke” about lobotomy. Quite an unimpressive range of subjects. Care to tell me which bit of my post you think indicates that part of my brain is absent?

Awaywego
    Participant

Er lack of sense of humour Heath. No NI he had just been on bbc news at 4pm never heard of him before seemed a very sensible man to me.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Spot on BRI, Sumption is in the at risk group at 71, is no expert when it comes to dealing with the current pandemic situation and is possibly not fussed if he catches the virus with his cavalier approach. He is entitled to his opinion as we all are but it’s worth noting he points out he is in the public minority on this matter.

Awaywego
    Participant

Never.

Heath
    Participant

“Er lack of sense of humour Heath”.

Not at all, the story of you on your bike spying on black lads playing football made me laugh.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.