Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I bet they are laughing their fins off?

I bet people on here don’t give a toss.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Their posters do make a lot of good points IFA and they can do it with the benefit of objectivity and not being emotionally caught up in it like we are. There are also the occasional Iron fans who join in, like Lee Hodges Burgers (seems familiar) with good posts. As for where we are now and what next? Anybodies guess isn’t it? All very precarious. Anything can happen or change within 24 hours it seems.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Some are saying they’d help out with a phoenix club if it got to that.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Some are saying they’d help out with a phoenix club if it got to that.

Yes i read that … and even DH tattoos being touted for the fans FB group 55555.

For all the rivalry like ive previously commented lots of quite fair and sensible posts re our plight on Fishy

saleironsaleiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 2

I have started coming back on here and reading The Fishy for a sanity check. The DH cult members really should sit up and take notice if our friends down the road are concerned for their welfare.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

More chance of hell freezing over. Fishy content might actually reinforce their beliefs.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

A bit of down time so caught up on the Fishy forum chit chat … didnt realize they had been playing quite so badly and it seems many are calling for Hurst to be filleted and tossed in the scrap bin for fish fingers.. lost 3-2 at home to lowly Colchester last night and the knives are out and being sharpened.
    After all the pre season optimism all is not well with our fishy friends up the M180..

Maybe sooner than anyone thought

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Grimsby are on a really bad run. They were tipped to do pretty well this season !

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

Reading the whose gonna be the next Cods manager thread is hilarious … a short list of about 30 and some names being thrown up including

Graham Alexander (Really)
    Keith Hill 55555555 (classic cod humour i hope)
    Jimmy Dean (not on your Nelly)
    That leaves
    Ronald Mcdonald …great choice !!!

The thought hasnt crossed their minds even with a free house on the Nunsthorpe estate chucked in as a sweetner enticing someone to move to Grimsby is the first hurdle its a shithole.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Someone persuaded Tony Mowbray to go to Sunderland!

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Yes but he is from Middlesbrough so Sunderland probably looks good to him.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

The only thing that doesn’t look good to Mowbray is his mirror.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Someone persuaded Tony Mowbray to go to Sunderland!

To quote ABBA, money money money, yes it’s an old chestnut but it still ticks many boxes in life aswell as professional football.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Im sure Holloway could be persuaded back

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

I bet they are laughing their fins off?

I bet people on here don’t give a toss.

I for one have no idea why any Iron fan would read that stinking forum of bottom feeders. Seems some say they have even joined. Very sad!!!

UTI – Only.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Kitchener, They had sussed Hilton out while you were still dreaming of your new seat at Glebe Road and sniping at people on here for questioning what was happening.
    A number of the posters on their Scunthorpe thread were genuinely concerned Scunthorpe United would cease to exist and made donations to the wages fund.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

We have enough worries of our own regarding the club. I appreciate Grimsby fan base got behind us when we were starring at the abyss but who actually cares that they’re out of form and just sacked their manager ?

Grimsby are financially stable and ran by good people it’s not as if they’re in a position similar to what we were and to some extent still are in.

This post aside, I’d rather concentrate about ourselves and leave them to talk about themselves.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Being a part of the larger football family and putting your hand in your pocket to help a football club survive and fan banter are two separate entities. If you don’t want to get involved in banter and don’t appreciate its place in the football community then just ignore it. Simples.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

I’ve not dropped anchor in their waters for ages – are they still laughing their fins off at us or are they trawling elsewhere now?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

i drop into the fish market every now n then and more recently the Scunny thread has dropped off possibly due to their poor form and our improving situation… seems the cods have their own worries after the recent sacking of Hurst and appointment of a fella called Artell..

Not a bad forum some goods topics though i chose not to join in fear of crabs……being allergic to just about all crustacean not the other variety.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant

very interesting and amusing reading on the Fishy this morning following the Cods being well n truly battered at home 6-1 by Walsal .. many of our slippery friends distraught and angry with tears and one member feeling suicidal

[/url]

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Walsall put the Hollywood Goats to the sword in their previous game, so it’s hardly the end of the world!

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

I struggle to make fun of Grimsby while we’re NLN. It would be amusing if we end up playing them in the league next year after they thought it might be some time though.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Grimsby’s main problem is, and will be for a long time the stadium. They’ve got good support for their size but will never progress as a club whilst they are spending hundreds of thousands just to obtain a safety certificate.

I’m not quite sure what’s gone wrong this season as the FA cup last generated a fair amount of revenue for the team to be Strengthened. They don’t seem to be a good place though and just can never build any momentum.

When we eventually get our ducks in a row, we must look at investing in ways GP can generate money 7 days a week. Soon it will also become a prerequisite in sustaining an EFL club.

RudyboyRudyboy
    Participant
    Registered On: June 27, 2017
    Topics: 1

I agree with you Siderite but what never changes with them is that when they are looking for a new manager they seem to think that all out of work top managers are queuing up to join them. The same thinking happens with players. They seem to honestly believe that top quality players are also in the queue to join them.
    When they went one up yesterday someone posted that they were only nine points off the play-offs. Deluded or what?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Some Iron supporters have occasionally been guilty of that same blind optimism over the last few years as we slipped out the divisions.

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Do they suffer from being geographically isolated in respect to attracting better players/managers?

IronIronIronIronIronIron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 6

When we eventually get our ducks in a row, we must look at investing in ways GP can generate money 7 days a week. Soon it will also become a prerequisite in sustaining an EFL club.

I think that’s what Mr Swann intended to do. Let’s hope we are more successful next time.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Ernest could never get his own business ducks in a row never mind our clubs, as his Bond themed permanently closed Blackpool hotel proves.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.