Home Forums The New Blast Furnace The ever so noble club

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4162

I bet their club PR team will get a kicking over the original decision to furlough, what were they thinking in the first place?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Northumbiron
    Participant
    Topics: 248
    Replies: 10962

Broken link.

😐

Awaywego
    Participant
    Topics: 30
    Replies: 597

what the f is up with footballers spurs players training together and also aberdeen players funso been one of them, they just dont get it.

Iron-awe
    Participant

what the f is up with footballers spurs players training together and also aberdeen players funso been one of them, they just dont get it.

Footballers are just another reflection of society in general, we have the majority of people in this country, including footballers, doing the right things when asked to by the Government in this time of crisis. However we also have a certain number of people not respecting social distancing, making unnecessary journeys, having barbecues in public, sunbathing etc etc and even people in senior positions ( former Scottish Health Minister ) saying one thing to the public then doing the opposite. It is very annoying, frustrating, dangerous and we generally describe such people, quite rightly so, as dickheads, however I do not believe the majority of footballers are in this group, the dickheads just get highlighted because they have a higher social profile, I do not believe idiots in football outweigh the majority of sensible responsible ones, just like the majority of people in the country doing the right thing in the best interests of everybody far outweigh the numpties.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 175
    Replies: 2395

Looking from the outside at the UK, it does seem that people still aren’t keeping themselves to themselves enough. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s the feeling I get from the news, friends’ social media, etc. I think part of that is because of mixed messages from the government.

Hope all Iron Brusters are keeping well & doing what they can to keep others safe too.

Awaywego
    Participant

to be fair scunthorpe is not to bad ferrite,just two problem areas that i know of one being ashby ville lake and frodingham road the latter being mainly EU citizens gathering in groups.

Northumbiron
    Participant

Hope you’re well too Ferrite.

If I’d answered this morning I’d have said everyone is acting responsibly up here. That was until I ventured out to a supermarket for the first time since lockdown came in.

My God! It was the most stressful thing I’ve done. I’ve felt safer paragliding!

The supermarket in question (no names, no pack-drill) had done everything it could. Orderly one-in, one-our queue. Sanitising station on entering. One way system around the aisles with tapes every 2m. But what a set of ‘effin morons 25-30% of the people shopping there were. Ignorantly leaning across you, going the wrong way up the aisles, standing deliberating over produce when they could see others were waiting. Stood around in groups having a fag in the car park.

Call me naive but after three weeks in perfect isolation it came as a bit of a shock. Won’t be doing that again!

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 121
    Replies: 3836

Experienced some of that but not too bad. I’ve heard a lot of people saying it though, and I’ll take their word for it. Security guard where I work this morning, not seen him for nearly 3 weeks, was telling me the police need to get involved at supermarkets as they’re lethal houses of contamination. Couldn’t disagree

Northumbiron
    Participant

It’s all getting messy Deerey.

We’ve had the police in Northampton saying they would search shopping trolleys, then having to apologise and retract their statement.

We got David Icke spouting out conspiracy theories about the disease being spread via the new 5G network and other wackos saying Coronavirus doesn’t actually exist.

Individuals being made to feel like criminals whilst others party on regardless.

And still the Government dilly-dallys. We know that this lockdown will go on for weeks yet but all we get from Raab and Gove is “probablies” and “likelihoods”!

Tell it like it is FFS!

Ferrite
    Participant
    Topics: 175
    Replies: 2395

There still feels to be a vacuum of leadership, which is being filled by things like police overstretch or whatever.

I can echo your feelings on going to the supermarket, I went to the small one in the village yesterday and it was pretty hard work. There is always that hardcore of people who seem to think that the rules simply don’t apply to them. Hard work.

I imagine things are much more challenging in the cities. I would love a garden at the moment, it’s no fun living in flats just now! Actually, that’s not true, it can be fun and it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Awaywego
    Participant

Football still doesn’t get it, league managers association chief executive says we must test all footballers before football returns of course not before health workers,why does he think footballers should be next?, And what doesn’t he get about you only test if you think you have the virus not to say you haven’t, that would mean testing players every day, another dickhead as iron awe says.

Iron-awe
    Participant

Don’t drag me into it😅 never actually read about it Awaywego but was it said in reference to when football may start again and maybe behind closed doors? in which case it will be for health and safety reasons for players and sfaff. Still a lot of people in close contact even behind closed doors, sounds silly to me, just write the season off and wait until it’s declared safe to play again, hopefully sometime next season.

Awaywego
    Participant

i was just agreeing with you ironawe your right in calling them dickheads, i dont know about you but when they start playing i am turning up, if its safe for players it will be safe for me, cant imagine police are going to let them play behind closed doors then having to police outside the ground.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.