Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

Can he survive until Monday?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    f row crewf row crew
    Participant
    Registered On: June 22, 2020
    Topics: 18

The end is nigh for the club never mind Keefy. Quickly sinking into oblivion.

KEEP BELIEVINGKEEP BELIEVING
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2022
    Topics: 3

Another Hill Masterclass. It gets worse week on week.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

We are looking like relegation fodder currently. Swann out!

4 users thanked author for this post.
    GTironGTiron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 0

Early days yet, it’s going to get much worse than this. I’m more optimistic about my energy bills than I am The Iron.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Whoever the manager is the gloom will not lift around our club till Swann sells up and goes, simple as that.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

Can we really afford to sit idly by with the most incompetent manager in our history until Swanny finally decides to feck off??

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

No.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 50

Swann’s going nowhere.
    Smoke and mirrors, remember?

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

The time is now for Hill and McMann to take responsibility for this utter shambles of a record of defeats. Both should be gone tonight never mind waiting for tomorrow. Just istened to McMann’s after match interview. Same as Hill never take any responsibility. Hill set up for a point today and never changed it even after Bromley went down to ten me. He has no idea how to change things and is tactically inept, and his substitutions are ridiculous. It’s as if he is scared we will win. No wonder our players don’t know what the are doing because we have a manager who totally doesn’t know what HD himself is doing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    IRONINTHEBLOODIRONINTHEBLOOD
    Participant
    Registered On: January 7, 2014
    Topics: 9

Hills record is 3 wins in 36 games,clueless.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

This is why swann has put himself in the background so he doesn’t have to do anything, no interviews even unless he chooses in my opinion, so no news whatsoever is being relayed to our supporters, many of whom have purchased season tickets and football kits etc.If Swann doesn’t let go of our club I feel as a future football club we are doomed. He has zero interest in our Club in my opinion. Otherwise why would Hill still be here when other managers who have performed much better have been sacked.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

1 point from our last 14 away games, and our home form isn’t much better, so I have seen us sack managers for a lot less, I wonder why Keith didn’t do a end of game interview.

BarnardFoxtonBarker..BarnardFoxtonBarker..
    Participant
    Registered On: June 28, 2017
    Topics: 0

It just keeps getting worse 3 nil up and lose play against 10 men for more than half a game and lose. If the heirarchy don’t go it will really be the end of our once mighty iron.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Unless there’s a deal still in the background and Turnbull should know, he should be considering his position also. The phone call should be, Peter you know I’m acting chairman, yes Lee, Keith’s not up to the job as manager I’m afraid, so what you saying Lee, well it’s simple Peter it’s either him or me I’m just not prepared to carry on trying to get the fans on board he’s just destroying all my good work. Swanns probable answer, thanks for all you’ve done wish you every success in the future.

Participant

Le is employed by Swann, so his hands are tied to a extent.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

His hands aren’t tied Mick, we all questioned why Lee came back, he told me personally it’s because Swanny assured him he’s selling up, we all know if a new owner comes along the first thing their gonna do is get rid of Hill, he’ll always get another job in football so why handcuff yourself to Hill? He’s done well since he came back but the next meet and greet won’t be as easy as it’s been up to now the fans will want some answers his honeymoon period is over.

McfarlanewasalegendMcfarlanewasalegend
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 1

Hill this week aligned himself to the swann family in his interview purely to save his own job in doin so in the eyes of the fans has made his own job untenable. Then take his record into account he must go. No question we need rid of both and asap. Its now passed 7pm and i keep checkin to make sure he has a job, cant believe he still has. Its a joke

Participant

He can’t just sack him unless he has the budget to do it, he could recommend it because Lee won’t be paying his contract up, but whatever Keith does it doesn’t seem to work and I don’t know if we looked like scoring today but I am totally fed up of all these defeats, it is deflating for us supporters, the last two results have been demoralising for different reasons, losing on Monday to a injury time goal would complete the set of bad ways to lose.

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

Mick its exactly that we keep finding new ways to lose and the next one seems to always feel worse than the last one.
    Teams are giving us a chance, solihull 3-0 lead, Bromley player sent off for a stupid stamp but because we have no game plan at all we can’t capitalise on it. Keith seems to have been here for ages and i still have no idea what style of football we are trying to play. Like alot of other fans am almost at the point of walking away from scunthorpe united as all They do at the moment is make me feel depressed every time the full time whistle is blown.

McfarlanewasalegendMcfarlanewasalegend
    Participant
    Registered On: January 26, 2022
    Topics: 1

Agree with you mick LT hands are tied. He has no authority to do anythun and Hill wont be walking away unless he gets the rochdale job

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Somebody need to come out and just tell the truth if something is still happening behind the scenes with regards to the takeover. All the silences is causing uncertainty and when you couple that with the worrying start to the league, it’s a disaster.

If the takeover has collapsed then come out and say so. This is fucking ridiculous and needs sorting.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 100

If there is no takeover – do you think that the Club will complete the season or do you think it will be liquidated?

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

If there is no takeover – do you think that the Club will complete the season or do you think it will be liquidated?

Interesting question because I think Swannster said in that interview that he barely had enough money to see this season out. I could be wrong but it didn’t sound good.

PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

I’m sure I remember an interview with Swann who said that we could not afford to be relegated to the national league as we didn’t have the money to compete. This season we will maybe get through with the parachute payment but after that it looks very bleak.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

This is what you get when you have a clueless chairman who spends double than what the clubs earning for the first 3 or 4 years of his tenure.

Seriously, what did he expect was going to happen ?. I remember reading the club accounts and he was spending silly amounts, I’m sure once I read he was spending a 120 odd % over what the club was earning.

Absolute madness.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Lee’s hands may be tied, but his tongue isn’t.

About time someone called this man out.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

Somebody needs to come out and clear whether the takeover is even still on. Hill needs binning off as well, he has absolutely no idea. Budget isn’t helping him he’s inept and you can tell he’s a Swann lackey listening to his pre and post match interviews.

Hill is nothing more than in insincere Swann cling on. All that shite playing the youths last season as the reason why we went down, he’s hardly used any of them this season.

I suppose he did his job though he had me and many other people fooled.

harrismrh4marty303
    Participant

Time for a swann statement
    1 what’s happening with the take over
    2 why is keith still here
    And you can’t blame COVID this time
    And don’t say you wanted me to stay away from the club

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017

I take all the things Prawn has said over the years with a giant pinch of salt, all the things stated above by the posters about what has been said is true because I heard the same things in the same interviews but I don’t necessarily believe any of them. It sounds cynical but based on the reality of where we are now as a football club I don’t believe anything anymore about what is happening. It’s sad but true and it’s shit TBH. 😞

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.