THE EMBARGO

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace THE EMBARGO

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Does anyone know how much the EFL loan is? C’mon SWANN as you said “IF NECESSARY.” It sure looks like it is NECESSARY.

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

It is going to be considerably cheaper for Swann to pay up contracts – probably at the very last minute – than to pay off the loan.
    He won’t want to pay off any until he absolutely has to.

TBH if it can become a grant at a later date it’d be insane not to take that route.
    My bet is that there are signings lined up and he will pay up contracts when it is clear that there really is no way whatsoever of removing the dead wood.
    After promises made, he is in no position not to strengthen across the team. If he doesn’t – that means he would lose all credibility … oh! Er … Well …

3 users thanked author for this post.
    WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Why doesn’t Swann pay contracts up ?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Well whatever option he’s using ( if any ) he’s got 8 hours left to give the fans just a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. Come on Prawn stopping being an arse and help KH out, he’s trying his best it’s time you joined in.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

I do hope you’re right lesgeo regarding paying up contracts etc. The ball is in your court SWANN. Keith Hill has done his job identifying players he wants brought in to try and make a fight out of staying in the league. Now where for you to hide now SWANN!!!@@

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 46

There may be something in the loan conditions that prevents paying up a contract and signing a different player.

That process could be abused and let’s face it Turan would be long gone of it was that easy.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

I will go as far as to say that if Swann doesn’t help Hill out, who’s trying his damned hardest then if I was Hill I’d leave. People shouldn’t turn up to watch us either !.

Why should people turn up to watch us and spend their hard earned money if Swann can’t be bothered anymore ?

Hill is rumoured to have 5 players lined up ready to come in but Swann can’t be arsed to pay the loan off and won’t even pay contracts up.

Fair to say if we don’t sign anybody else then we’re down anyway. Swann not paying off KDT for instance is a fucking joke, his contract ends in about 5 months time and he can’t be on a lot anyway.

I have heard Matt Dean say we want to get Nuttall in but can’t even get him in due to players not moving on.

Well done Swann you’ve just fucked the club.

Absolute disgrace !

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

WG, you do realise the player has to AGREE to have his contract paid up?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Hope im wrong but reports are saying looking like Nuttal will be the only other addition coming in and thats only an IF .. MAYBE
    If that turns out to be correct we are fooked its goodnight Viena n welcome to the NL

mistertonmickmistertonmick
    Participant
    Topics: 106

BREAKING: #gtfc have announced a profit of £195,505 for the financial year ending May 31st 2021.

Despite turnover being down just over 20% due to the pandemic and loss of matchday income, this was partially offset by income from live streaming and Government support schemes.

So why have we made such a pigs ear out of it?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

But we stayed up Mick and they went down,there’s your answer. Exactly what posters are wanting us to do again spend and accour debt to stay up.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

They got relegated but the fans kept going. We didn’t get relegated but a lot of fans stopped going.

Amazing what a change of ownership can do.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

WG, you do realise the player has to AGREE to have his contract paid up?

Regarding what’s coming out we haven’t even tried. If Swann really wanted players out, then he’d pay up their contracts and stop messing around.

Nuttall only incoming it’s looking like. Honestly, if I was Hill I’d leave.

Hill’s been working his arse off to line players up and for what exactly?

Hill works in convincing players to come and Swann can’t even be arsed to pay contracts up to do his bit. If we only get Nuttall in and Swann doesn’t do more in terms of getting players out then this is the last straw for me.

The line has to be drawn somewhere. Swann has the perfect opportunity here to give us the best chance of staying up thanks to Hill behind the scenes and if he chooses not to take it, I’m pretty much done.

Nuttall alone won’t save us. Davis has gone out and we need a CB to start with.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:

Pretty sure contract discussions will be private and confidential. The club aren’t going to breach confidentially and tell you who they want to go etc.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

lesgeolesgeo
    Participant
    Registered On: December 25, 2013
    Topics: 96

Naturally.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.