THE EMBARGO

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace THE EMBARGO

• Author
    BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

Just listened to Keith Hills after match interview. It’s the EMBARGO and SWANNS GONNA TAKE US DOWN!!!!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    premierironpremier iron
    Participant
    Registered On: October 6, 2014
    Topics: 28

First time I have heard Keith Hill criticise Swann but we all agree with him so his comments says he is working with difficulties

2 users thanked author for this post.
    PorthlevenIron2PorthlevenIron2
    Participant
    Registered On: May 27, 2017
    Topics: 17

Sounds like players not wanting to leave may be causing a problem also.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    FeO2FeO2
    Participant
    Registered On: October 30, 2021
    Topics: 4

Sounds like players not wanting to leave may be causing a problem also.

Who’d want them Porthleven??

Lord KitchenerLord Kitchener
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 36

I’m sure I heard Kieth say that any players wanting to leave can do so, if they can do so during the last couple of days of this transfer window.

If I heard that right, then more power to his elbow. If they don’t want to play for us they are not worth paying wages to.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

We can’t pay up any player contracts which is making even harder they have to leave by mutual consent then we can cancel their contract freeing up the playing position and the funds.

The embargo probably saved us last season but it is now a millstone round our necks so it is bitter sweet, Mr Swann if we are to have any hope please pay off the loan and free up Mr Hill hands

We have worked miracles upto now with the messers Grant and Feeney but desperately need a striker either nuttall or a big target man and another midfielder and a centre back may be 2.

anoldironanoldiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 2

Hills interview was quite enlightening, he has a way of getting his message across!

alcazaralcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 50

Hill won’t last another month.
    He’s seen Swann’s dishonesty first hand.
    “We won’t sell Loft without a replacement lined up.”

Bang! Gone.

I’ll pay off the loan if necessary.
    Aye.
    Right.

anoldironanoldiron
    Participant
    Topics: 2

At one point I might have agreed with you that Hill would go but not so sure now. Hill said the new players are “his” so I expect they agreed to come for him so he will probably stay till the end of the season.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

Can’t see why Hill would go within a month Alcy. Swann’s clearly prepared to fund the transfers he wants. I know some players need to leave first but I’d be more surprised if Hill left before the end of the season tbh.

Participant

Hill is going to assemble a team that contains many of what he refers to as “his men.” He is not going to do that than cut and run.

Swann does not deserve our support, but Kieth Hill does, at least as long as he is trying to save us from the grips of relegation,

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Topics: 90

Clearly a problem with having to cross the I’s and Dot the T’s which is making registering certain players a nightmare.

Hill said we’ll get there though so we just have to patient.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I feel that it is already too late to save our league status, just take a look at the table, we are now 7 points and a very bad goal difference from safety, and in the past six matches Oldham, Colchester and Barrow have taken 4 points each, which is not good, but Carlisle have taken 8 points, where as Scunthorpe have taken ZERO POINTS, what reason does anyone base their idea’s on that we can finish above TWO of these four teams?????, I would love to be wrong, but Swann has driven the club into this position by his terrible so called management of the past three years affairs.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I think Hill is doing his best with his hands tied some what.. 6 losses on the bounce but talking to a mate who went to Vale Park said played a lot better and Feeney Grant and Sinclair improved us dramatically … hope can get a striker , goal scorer in ..Nuttal ciming soon ???? plus another ..also a replacement for Taft who is dog shit.

Why would you take Burns off 1-0 down ??? n chuck on a fella who was right back 2 weeks ago if im not mistaken.

Its looking bleak …bleaker by the week ..and if a miracle happens forever more it will be Houdini Hill .. alas pretty much look doomed to the NL

Fantastic turn out n support from the traveling fans .. WELL DONE TO ALL

ironarmy YT vlog sums it up all be it this week a bit strange due to sad circumstances

UP THE IRON ..CALRET N BLUE ALL WAY THROUGH.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Check out this Vale vlogger too about Scunny fans: ‘some of the nicest supporters I’ve ever had the chance to speak to’. Maybe not the ‘worst fans in the country’ after all eh?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

I’m guessing Burns was subbed off due to fatigue, Hill has spoken a lot recently about some of the younger players facing a bit of ” Burn out ” due to them feeling the heat a bit. Some will say they should be able to go game after game no problem but with young inexperienced players playing regularly and getting beat every game we know it doesn’t work that way. That is why the recent experienced signings are so welcome because young players up and down the country in whatever standard they play go through the same thing,in our case though we have been relying on them too long because of lack of options.

Bartoniron66Bartoniron66
    Participant
    Registered On: May 29, 2017
    Topics: 56

With the work Sam gets through he can’t just keep going as he is still building muscle mass, if we lose him especially after the windows closes we are well and truly stuffed.

BottesfordIrons5North Lincolnshire Irons
    Participant
    Registered On: September 30, 2017
    Topics: 58

We’re not morons after all Deereyme, as SWANN junior said

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I was thinking more of a few of our fellow fans who say it NLI.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

I did say before it was the home fans I was referring to Deerey. Our away support in the main is fantastic a bit more rowdy the odd smoke bomb or two but mainly they get behind the team if they put the effort in. That is why I mainly go away.

Participant

This is true, away fans do their best to get behind the team. In my experience home fans just moan and gripe the whole match.

Best away attendance I have ever witnessed was in the fa cup vs West Brom in 84. After we knocked Leeds out in that second round second replay.

Happy days…

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Away support will always be more vocal and positive – the majority are the most committed fans so are bound to be. Home fans just moaning and griping is a sweeping generalisation but I agree, tends to happen more. However, That’s true of many league clubs, it doesn’t make home match Iron fans the ‘worst in the country’.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Defend them all you like Deerey, But I joined this forum in 2017 and never posted until August 2019, and only posted then because of the disgusting booing of our substitute coming on to the field, but we’ve done that story to death and doubt whether me or others will change our opinions.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

I’m not defending booing our own players being subbed awaywego. I don’t agree with that either, but like you say, it’s been done to death. If you meant those particular fans are the ‘worst on the country’ then I get what you’re saying a bit more, even if I don’t agree with you.

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

You want to get yourself up to the Stadium of Light Awaywego.

Lynden Gooch is apparently the current whipping boy!

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

hope the next couple of days are busy ones for Scunny …

wish list

2 strikers
    1/2 CB
    New chairman
    a confidence boosting win against Oldham followed by a winning streak taking us up the league …

wake me up im dreaming again

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

2 strikers are supposed to be coming in as well as Delaney who’s the rumoured left footed CB. More may come in if we can get more out.

A new chairman is a bit too much to wish for though !

I agree we need one.

Everytime refereePat O’Cake
    Participant
    Topics: 17

Maybe not the ‘worst fans in the country’ after all eh?

We are according to Bucks and his mate UTI, remember we should be grateful to Mr Swann, imagine where we would be without him etc, etc…

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant

imagine where we would be without him etc,

Without him we may still own our ground and surrounding land. Fancy that !

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Registered On:
    Topics: 11

Swann has ALWAYS owned the stadium and land. That’s what an OWNER is.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.