The Butler Did it

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The Butler Did it

• Author
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

The club don’t even reply to emails sent, so hardly likely send out ones to individuals themselves CMC.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Last time probably Newcastle cup replay during the miners strike so no floodlights allowed. 1973 I think. Got disciplined by British Steel for skipping college that afternoon.

January 30th 1974
    We had drawn 1-1 up at Newcastle on Saturday the 26th, Nolan Keeley scored for the Iron and Terry McDermott equalised for them. Highlight of the day was Chris Simpkin sitting Malcolm McDonald on his arse after a couple of minutes and getting right in his face with some verbals whilst McDonald lay prostrate on the floor. Never got another kick all game McDonald but scored two in the replay when for some reason Simpkin never went near him. Always thought there was some kind of stitch up there but anyhow that’s football sometimes.

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017
    Topics: 101

‘The club don’t even reply to emails sent’

What?? Like none?! Blimey. Things are tighter than I thought. What we gonna do? It’s like the late 70s all over again. But with no posted letters

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 4

‘The club don’t even reply to emails sent’

What?? Like none?! Blimey. Things are tighter than I thought. What we gonna do? It’s like the late 70s all over again. But with no posted letters

At least letters arrived in the late 70’s, twice recently I’ve had to visit my local Post Office depot to collect my mail after going two weeks without any deliveries, staff shortages apparently. I would have waited but after eight days waiting for a replacement debit card got fed up with cash only.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

The late 70s mention was a nod to the SUFC financial situation in that period. With a little sarcasm.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The club have been very misleading over the iron aid game as well, no mention of the game being only 30 minute half’s in the original post, imagine forking out £1000 or £2500 to play in the game to now only find out its for an hour only.
    Lol as if anyone was stupid enough to pay that of course.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The majority of fans I would suggest would probably need life support after more than playing for 30 minutes, some of them in the fans friendly game played a few weeks back looked gone after 15 minutes. Time to be realistic Awaywego it’s about raising money for the club pure and simple and having a bit of a laugh into the bargain, chill out mate FFS.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Looks like not many went for the optional high price guaranteed spaces. Seems the spaces went to the raffle. All that fussing by awaywego about people being cheated out was all for nothing.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Surely he’ll have to praise the club for something at some point?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Family Friendly Award, amongst others. Mainly during Swann’s era if memory serves. Praise often in response to posters criticism about the way the club was being run by Swann, then Hilton.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

I’ve praised and supported all the owners of the club while they kept funding the club Cass and not many can say that.
    Praised the home kit video the lottery start up of late, praise will be given when they do positive things in my light.
    And no contraire Siderite it just backs up my just plain wrong thread the club got it wrong and were being mercenary money grabbing.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

You mean the thread where you claimed most were excluded from the opportunity only for them not to be excluded?

Deereyme66Deereyme66

You’ll praise anyone for a free burger awaywego

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Just a reminder Deerey you haven’t bought me the one you promised.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

You praised one owner when al he did was claim he was paying bills

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

He paid the bills till obviously he said he would stop, just the same as Swanny.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

He paid the bills till obviously he said he would stop, just the same as Swanny.

Hilton paid SOME OF the bills. Those that he needed to pay so he could keep up the ruse I.e players and staff wages and HMRC, those that were critical to keep football operations going. The rest went unpaid and were left for Michelle and co to pick up. Utilities, Kelme kit bill, pension payments, agents fees, amongst many many more that he let mount up and Michelle spoke about openly in an interview a few months ago.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Is that true?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Is that true?

It will be inside Awaywego’s head, if the reality is the opposite it won’t bother him because in his head he’s right.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

414 hit the nail on the head WHAM paid just enough bills to keep the longer game money grab scam going.. season ticket money , share options, maybe even gate receipts club shop sales etc.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and at least thats all in the past the club has survived and in a much better place in all aspects. Im confident the Iron will return to the EFL at some point in the next 5 – 10 years…HOPEFULLY debts all paid off next month . ground safe and owners who care all in all not been a bad few months, im even quite pleased we didnt get promoted now as no way were ready for the NL and very likely JD would still be here.

As for Hilton hes gone and for now i trust quote “enjoying his life away from football” though im sure hes harboring thoughts of where next to have a go next.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

As for Hilton hes gone and for now i trust quote “enjoying his life away from football” though im sure hes harboring thoughts of where next to have a go next.

I’ll be surprised if he comes back to football again, I think he was genuinely taken back by the level of attention & scrutiny a club of our size brings with it.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Don’t think he banked on an Interested Bystander either.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

The ruse what exactly was that Iron414.

Deereyme66Deereyme66

Gave some examples. Usually when someone types i.e, it’s a sign.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

So he paid those bills so he could get away with not paying others, wow that’s a good ruse. And he was trying to deceive and trick the club out of what Deerey Iron414 or anyone else? I would really like to know.

Iron414Iron414
    Participant
    Registered On: May 30, 2024
    Topics: 0

The ruse what exactly was that Iron414.

Unfortunately I can’t confirm the motives of a mad man AWG. But to speculate maybe it was his ego and he liked the clout that came with being ‘owner of a football club’. He was pretty quick to slap the 1RON reg onto his understated (not) car, so he certainly wasn’t trying to be discreet about his position of power.

Or maybe he was financially driven and he kept up the jig until the season ticket and sponsorship money had come in. He ditched us pretty soon after.

I don’t think we will ever fully know the motives or the true extent of what went on during that time but I’m glad he’s in our past and we can move forward with Michelle and co at the helm.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

If you don’t know how can you say it was a ruse, like I’ve said before he put more money into the club than he took out, based on gate receipts wages tax bill etc, etc, don’t forget he to took over the club receiving no season ticket money,
    sponsorship or shirt sales as well so your financial driven doesn’t stand up.
    That leaves your actions of a mad man if that be the case we should thank him because without him and the time he bought for Michelle to step in we wouldn’t have a club because at the time there was no one else to step up to the plate, especially one of the current Co owners who had walked away.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

lol

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023

Awaywego, I’ve got an idea which explains what you say about the money he put in but any such theory would be libellous toward Hilton.
    So I guess we’re left with “Thanks for buying us the time Dave.”

SideriteSiderite
    Participant

Highest bid that ultimately didn’t matter, because much of that was for the stadium and he pretty much immediately found excuses for that with the ‘ransom strip’ that was miraculously fixed easier than it was made out when Harness bought it. Almost as if it was an excuse by Hilton.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.