The Butler Did it

Iron Bru Forums Blast Furnace The Butler Did it

• Author
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

Club statement: King’s Lynn Town encounter

Pathetic,if you can’t go it’s tough because others can or might, “Please paint our stands ,offices etc”

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

I cannot for the life of me understand why you’re so outraged about this. To claim December 31st is a normal working day simply isn’t true. Many people may work, plenty of others don’t. I reckon it’ll be a success.

fans6464

It is for many mate, certainly in my industry and steelworkers.Not all industries have stop periods.Shops in town all will be open. Warehouses to supply shops are now a big part of our local.economy they don’t have stop periods.

fans6464

I’m less incensed by the date change,I’ll just not go.Its the bit about others can go instead that seemed a bit”screw you”

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

It is for many mate, certainly in my industry and steelworkers.Not all industries have stop periods.Shops in town all will be open. Warehouses to supply shops are now a big part of our local.economy they don’t have stop periods.

Sure, I appreciate many people will be *able* to go to work but equally plenty of folk will be on annual leave anyway.

I always used to work that period when I had a proper job because you could get more done and people with kids wanted the time off. But in general if you want time off in the Christmas-New Year “perineum” I reckon you’ll probably be able to get it.

fans6464

Many will on holiday but many will be precluded,not sure how it effects out of towners on such a night .

NorthumbironNorthumbiron
    Registered On: January 3, 2014
    Topics: 66

Of course no one is at work at 3:00pm on a Saturday are they?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    fans6464

“Scunthorpe United is aware that the change of fixture may impact in some supporters not being able to attend the game, but equally the change will allow some supporters, who weren’t able to attend on New Year’s Day, to now be able to come to the game.”
    Somebody wrote that and thought it OK,
    No mention of season ticket holders

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

Somebody wrote that and thought it OK,
    No mention of season ticket holders

What’s not OK with it?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Surely some steelworkers work on New Years Day aswell?, or do they turn the furnaces off New Years Eve and relight them with a box of matches on January the 2nd.

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

The lack of a chancing egoist or conning shyster has left some people bored and now mountains are made from molehills.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

Surely some steelworkers work on New Years Day aswell?, or do they turn the furnaces off New Years Eve and relight them with a box of matches on January the 2nd.

Good number will be off for stop period anyhow. I can’t work out if the outrage is a wind up or not ?

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

fans6464

The chat and mood music coming from inside GP since the announcement was that it was a purely football related matter, I’ll go out on a limb and say that the rest of the statement was reverse engineered after the fact.
    The bit about people those not able to go being easily replaced stinks by any standards ,no body in their right mind would ever send out such a message to fans who’ve done so much to get this club back on it’s feet.
    The begging bowl is full right now and it may not get filled again so easily. But then again if we can’t refill it someone else will ?
    I was not” outraged” as some dismissively claim by the moving of the fixture, I did find it odd. I found the club’s handling of it and statement insulting

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Sounded plausible to me about policing costs and the extra days rest for the players.

fans6464

it was supposed to sound plausible ,I don’t believe it was ever a consideration

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

Me too WG, but it seems we’re easily pleased looking at other posts.

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

The only people happy with this decision are either retired, on the doll, or don’t work the standard Monday – Friday like the majority of the UK.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

The only people happy with this decision are either retired, on the doll, or don’t work the standard Monday – Friday like the majority of the UK.

On the doll! Think Awaywego might have one of those, he’s always wanting to borrow a bike pump anyway.

TwoWrightsTwoWrights
    Participant
    Topics: 4

On the doll! Think Awaywego might have one of those, he’s always wanting to borrow a bike pump anyway.

Did it go down on him ?

BigLeftToeBigLeftToe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 6, 2017
    Topics: 6

DOLE (doh!)…too late for a crafty edit!

IronaweIronawe
    Participant
    Registered On: December 31, 2013
    Topics: 40

Probably raised eyebrows because of the uniqueness of it – I cannot remember shifting a game to a workday afternoon before. If it is purely financial then that’s the pond we’re swimming in I guess. I do agree about the ‘it gives other people a chance to go’ a bit insulting because it was just added to give themselves some gratification/justification for a strange decision. They should’ve done 12pm kick off and offer a lunchtime ticket for those who can pop out for lunch and catch a half of football.

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Last time probably Newcastle cup replay during the miners strike so no floodlights allowed. 1973 I think. Got disciplined by British Steel for skipping college that afternoon.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant

A year before I was born MK but kudos to you for getting down to the ground, hopefully it was better than the afternoon shift

CMCCMC
    Participant
    Registered On: July 14, 2022
    Topics: 32

The bit about people those not able to go being easily replaced stinks by any standards ,no body in their right mind would ever send out such a message to fans who’ve done so much to get this club back on it’s feet.
    The begging bowl is full right now and it may not get filled again so easily. But then again if we can’t refill it someone else will ?

All clubs think like this, i’ve not been at a home game for 3 years but ive never had a message or email from the club saying “Dear C****, we’ve not seen you at GP for some time, why aren’t you here? how can we get you back”

Clubs go on about loyalty but when it comes to making the effort they often shy away.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Did it go down on him ?

Think he puts a plaster on it’s butt then for some reason it soon gets pricked again

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

DOLE (doh!)…too late for a crafty edit!

Not at all it was a perfectly legitimate mistake don’t knock yourself ( up ) about it.

fans6464

Dole? There plenty of white collar workers who follow the Iron and some businesses still have a stop period,to suggest it’s “doleys” is a pathetic slur and untrue
    I believe the financial part is just added noise and typical of the attitude below Michelle.
    As for possibly the only full time pro club in the league running scared of fixture congestion against a bunch of taxi drivers etc ,don’t make me laugh.This should be when the professionalism of theclub should shine.

IronaweIronawe
    Participant

One thing I know is it will be as annoying as hell when we play for a draw with 5 at the back – at the away games despite the
    ‘Giving the best chance of maximising points’

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Of course that’s why they changed the fixture, all those taxi drivers will be flat out New Years Eve, Lynn will have half their team missing, should be an easy home win.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.