Home Forums Non Football The BBC again

alcazar
    Participant
    Topics: 171
    Replies: 4094

Had to steal this ……..
    A little girl was leaning into a lion’s cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.
    A scooter boy jumps off his lambretta, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch.
    Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the scooter boy brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.
    A BBC reporter has watched the whole event.
    The reporter, addressing the scooter rider says, “Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I’ve seen a man do in my whole life.”
    The scooter rider replies, “Why, it was nothing, really.
    The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”
    The reporter says, “Well, I’ll make sure this won’t go unnoticed. I’m a journalist, you know, and tomorrow’s paper will have this story on the front page. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”
    The scooter boy replies “I’m a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”.
    The BBC journalist leaves.
    The following morning the scooterist watches the TV to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and is horrified to see:
    UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.
    And THAT pretty much sums up the media’s approach to the news these days….especially Auntie.

1 user thanked author for this post.

BloodyRubbishIron
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 1829

By Jennifer Saunders

2 users thanked author for this post.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 1928

Definitely not by Mr Cut and Paste (Alcy). You couldn’t be more wrong about the BBC, even though you are trying (very trying) very hard.

My advice to you is watch Channel 4 News, read the Guardian and stop attaching yourself to right wing nut jobs!

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 122
    Replies: 3868

‘Had to steal this ……..’

And therein lies your problem. You don’t appear to have your own views on politics Alcy, you just regurgitate far right and populist propaganda, copy and pasted from hate fuelled internet sources.

Deereyme66
    Participant
    Topics: 122
    Replies: 3868

And yet, a few dinosaurs on here will claim it’s not this racist xenophobic propaganda that puts people off posting on here, it’s those evil lefty liberals, open to engaging and debating with anyone who can string a sentence together that’s not filled with hate of others. You know, those that create and add posts that are not just about having a go at the left or left wingers on here.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Cue a BS post to address balance.

Heath
    Participant
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 1928

His racist xenophobic propaganda has been missing for a couple of days.

Just Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 299

Deerey wrote’ And yet, a few dinosaurs on here will claim it’s not this racist xenophobic propaganda that puts people off posting on here, it’s those evil lefty liberals, open to engaging and debating with anyone who can string a sentence together that’s not filled with hate of others. You know, those that create and add posts that are not just about having a go at the left or left wingers on here.’

I don’t think I’m a dinosaur, Deerey, but I don’t think this is the full picture. I’m no fan of ‘racist, xenophobic propaganda’ but the several times when I’ve decided that the forum doesn’t work for me it has been because of wilful misrepresentation and even ridicule from several of the more left wing posters. That was why our recent exchange re issues of faith was a bit of a revelation to me and very refreshing. On an undoubtedly ‘controversial’ subject several posters did indeed engage in a tolerant and respectful discussion .. but to suggest that this is the norm is, in my view, not accurate. It’s always a challenge to resist the urge to post or give thanks purely along lines that we know will be appreciated by favoured peers and, undoubtedly, the majority ‘group’ …posting the most frequently, the most passionately and the most intelligibly … is on the left. That’s why I have always been so preachy about valuing posters who come from a different position …. no matter how much they might irritate either by the content of posts or by the style they adopt.

Iron-awe
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 4184

Just for balance JI I have never found you annoying or preachy I just think your a very naughty boy. That’s me attempting to be funny BTW. Sorry.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.