Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

It’s there.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Bit pessimistic there Ironawe top of the table clash and “we’ll do well to top 4000” these type of games are where your casuals are supposed to turn out.

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

So they’ve lost Jellis, who was injured and probably wouldn’t have played anyway.
    We’ve gained Butterfield and Whitehall but lost Roberts so not much gained from the postponement really.

SODIronSODIron
    Participant
    Registered On: July 8, 2014
    Topics: 22

I can’t make the replay as I’m at the physiotherapist in York at 17:30 so I’ll be tuned in to Nation League TV for the stream.

It’s gonna be a tough match and I would go so far as to say, if Tamworth win this I think they’ll go on to be league champs. They just keep winning and with that record, would be deserving of the title too.

TheJuryeffsOutTheJuryeffsOut
    Participant
    Registered On: April 1, 2023
    Topics: 11

We’ve got the same players tomorrow as when we beat them at their place.

IRON: Fitzsimons, Ogle, Kouogun, Evans, Clunan, Beestin, Elliott (Whitehall, 57’), Wilson (Shrimpton, 72’), Scales, Law (Butterfield, 57’), Denton.

IRON SUBS: Kelly, Boyce.

They had Jellis for that game.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

They remind me of the old Wimbledon.
    The new ‘Crazy Gang”

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 101

It’s gonna be a tough match and I would go so far as to say, if Tamworth win this I think they’ll go on to be league champs. They just keep winning and with that record, would be deserving of the title too.

Reminds me of *that* game against Oldham in 2007. We were neck & neck with them going into the game and that late Oldham equaliser, against our 9 men, with all the injustice of that match, really felt like a huge blow for our promotion hopes.

Yet fast forward to the end of the season and it was Oldham who never really recovered. They only got another 27 points in the final 20 games of the season, meaning we finished 16 points above them.

It just goes to show that, important as tonight is, nothing is decided in January.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

That late goal was so deflating after a proper rear guard and mighty lungs from Andy Keogh,if I remember rightly.I just didn’t think Oldham would score.

ironingboardironingboard
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2022
    Topics: 0

Was that the, shouldn’t really mention his name, Darren Deadman game?

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

That late goal was so deflating after a proper rear guard and mighty lungs from Andy Keogh,if I remember rightly.I just didn’t think Oldham would score.

And they shouldn’t have done – there were two clear fouls on Joe Murphy in the lead-up to their equaliser.

Not sure about the Andy Keogh comment but our goal was an Oldham OG.

fans6464
    Registered On: February 14, 2015
    Topics: 444

It may be my Keogh tinted glasses but I reckon he was up and down the pitch defending and bringing it out to hold it up,.I loved that game and how we defended two men down

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

You might be right. Would have been one of his last games for us.

SouthYorksIronSouthYorksIron
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2017
    Topics: 2

It was indeed. It never has come out why he was dropped as a ref, though incompetence must be a possibility regardless of the insinuations in the article.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4176473/referees-darren-deadman-david-coote-sacked-before-season-kicks-off/

Coote is back as a ‘top ref’ now but I haven’t heard anything of Deadman for a long time…

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

6hrs:40 minutes to kick off.

Iron: Evs
    Draw: 9/4
    Lambs: 9/4

1-1… 9/2
    1-0… 13/2
    0-0… 8/1
    0–1… 8/1

4-3… 100/1
    3-4… 100/1

FerriteFerrite
    Participant

It was. Must admit, every time he came back he was fine, and indeed I have a lot more time for him after I saw him referee a Donny game the day after Billy Sharp had lost his young baby. When Sharp scored, he took off his shirt to show a T-shirt with a message to his son, and Deadman made sure he was looking the other way. I know people will say that there’d have been a riot if he’d booked Sharp for it but something not dissimilar happened just this weekend and the ref showed the player a yellow card.

IronageIron Age
    Participant
    Registered On: April 10, 2019
    Topics: 55

Reminds me of *that* game against Oldham in 2007. We were neck & neck with them going into the game and that late Oldham equaliser, against our 9 men, with all the injustice of that match, really felt like a huge blow for our promotion hopes.

Yet fast forward to the end of the season and it was Oldham who never really recovered. They only got another 27 points in the final 20 games of the season, meaning we finished 16 points above them.

It just goes to show that, important as tonight is, nothing is decided in January.

Cleveland sent off, for goodness sake, hardly a dirty b******

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

I have a great aversion to managers over thinking things !

As usual down to who wants to win and not who doesn’t want to lose. Chuckle brother football will not be good enough. Best wishes to the club as they battle to reverse so much.

PhilAndersPhilAnders
    Participant
    Registered On: July 10, 2017
    Topics: 5

Unfortunately 0-2, a goal in each half for Tamworth, while we miss a plethora of chances!!!
    3,500 attendance

cliffbyrnesrightpegCliff Byrne’s Right Peg
    Participant
    Registered On: October 17, 2015
    Topics: 57

1-1

Att: 4,676

Real shame this is a Tuesday night. Probably wiped the best part of 1,000 of the crowd

plymironPlymiron
    Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 27

TV Pass sorted and on the beer – so could effect my judgement ;)
    3 – 0 to the Iron – as long as we can defend their long throws – apparently thats where most of their recent goals have come from.
    UTI.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Emphatic win tonight, other than Robert’s goal we couldn’t hit a barn door on Saturday just a little more composure and we’ll bag a few.

another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022
    Topics: 1

3-1 Scunny 4356 Att

PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024

Let’s go lads. Iron looking lethargic to start. Lads get it together and pull out a big win 1-0

SideriteSiderite
    Participant
    Registered On: December 12, 2014
    Topics: 78

Stupid from Denton. Couple of sloppy errors today.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

When two irresistible forces meet 2 immovable objects?

Zìxīang Máodùn

When the two best strike forces meet the best and third best defences in the league.

If there is a positive outcome in favour of one team it will be the result of a mistake.

They are five clean sheets on the bounce.

Iron 0-1 Lambs

Sorry guys. I hope I’m wrong!
    UTI.

Sadly; as expected.
    Six clean sheets on the spin.

Only Fitz, Ogle and Butterfield are good enough.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Whitehall is fit enough to come on from the bench he should have started.

Dean recalls Ferris yet ridiculously starts Beestin again at RW despite looking terrible out wide few games back and not match fit.

Takes Elliot off to leave no striker on the pitch for a good 10 minutes.

I do like Dean but you have to question him tactically. If we don’t gain promotion via play offs he needs to be moved on.

Surely has to be Ferris and Wilson on the wings next match with Whitehall up top. If Beestin is chosen again out on the right I’ll lose the will to live.

Dean playing an unfit Beestin on the wing again after he’s recalled Ferris who’s been in good form at his loan club is absolute madness.

What was he thinking ?

Denton was away with the fairies and has looked shaky for a while now. Putting tonight to one side he may have done us a favour because now Kelly get’s some games.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    PetePoshmanPetePoshman
    Participant
    Registered On: January 9, 2024

Aye. The red card doomed them. What was with the Tamworth players trying to block Fitzsimons view? I think that might seal it. Automatic promotion is not likely now. That was a big game and the lads looked lethargic for some of it. UTI

mkironMK Iron
    Participant
    Topics: 46

Great crowd but sadly the Iron followed tradition and failed to turn up when the crowd does.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    another fed up fananother fed up fan
    Participant
    Registered On: May 10, 2022

Strange team selection strange decision to have no forward for 10 minutes.
    I don’t know what the manager was expecting but it didn’t work not sure what lies ahead but need to pull ourselves together make the playoffs and hope that Michelle and the board can find funds for players and a manager in time for next season.
    Can’t see 5000+ crowds if in this division next season

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Dean what the f was that, everyone waiting for Whitehall to come back and what do you do sit him on is arse for most of the game, why not try to win the game from
    minute one, didn’t start playing till Whitehall did come on, Beestin looked like he was running through treacle why didn’t he go off first, Fitz our man of the match by a country mile why play out slow from the back when he can pin it to our players, Ogle far to slow as well poor from him tonight, we are were we are and that is about the right place 2nd said all along we don’t look like a champion side and after tonight nothings changed my mind. Very poor start to the new year must do better.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.