Participant
    Registered On: December 24, 2013
    Topics: 41

Next Tuesday !! UTWI

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant
    Registered On: June 20, 2017
    Topics: 160

Piss poor communication again Jerry knew on Tuesday and only announced today, must bring Stuart in as head of communication.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant
    Registered On: June 21, 2017
    Topics: 11

Before Rene gets in first with another of his doom and gloom scenarios I will say , ” we could be three points behind Tamworth and two games in hand after Tuesday night “. UTI

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017
    Topics: 6

On the positive side they have just sold their best player to walsall so hopefully that may knock their form a bit.

ScunnytimScunnytim
    Participant
    Registered On: October 12, 2021
    Topics: 5

I watched the Tamworth game v Boston on the live feed when the Darlington game was called off. Very poor game even taking into account the windy conditions. Neither keeper having a single serious save to make. They did, however, work really hard, look quick on the break and have a player with a massive throw who according to their commentary team is the source of a lot of their goals. Saying that, we really should beat them at home!

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

On the positive side they have just sold their best player to walsall so hopefully that may knock their form a bit.

Best player they have is Kyle Finn who’s netted 11 goals from CM but Jellis was up there as one of their better players.

WonderGoalsWonderGoals
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2013
    Topics: 90

Just had a look and he’s netted 12 goals in 25 games from CM. I hope he’s to go next !

RandomRandom
    Participant
    Registered On: June 9, 2017

WG, i was actually quoting Friendly Lamb who said JJ is their midfield driving force and who most tamworth fans consider to be the best player in the league. That sounds to me like he must be their best player considering it came from a lamb.
    They have a winger in ben acquaye he seems pretty decent too, hopefully someone will buy him aswell

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Actually I’m hoping the Iron can get back to the consistency of winning regular games and show the form again that made them favourites to win this league before a ball was kicked this season. If we bring our A game to the remaining fixtures then it shouldn’t matter what players Tamworth or the rest of them have.

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

I cant recall when Scunny last brought their A game for both halves (a full 90 mins) IA .. so many times they have been excellent in one half poor in the other… all of a sudden as well as the obvious Tamworth clash the imminent Scarboro and Chester fixtures are huge.

Friendly LambFriendly Lamb
    Participant
    Registered On: January 10, 2024
    Topics: 0

Morning all.
    Well what a week that has been since I last spoke with you.
    Firstly, the game we were all so looking forward to was scuppered because of severe frost which set all the conspiracy theorists going into overdrive in Staffordshire. If you spoke with certain people at the Lamb, you would be led to believe Whitehall and Butterfield conducted the Friday afternoon pitch inspection. “Why wasn’t the inspection made Saturday morning?” was a familiar cry. Though, anger subsided somewhat, when the list of postponements started filtering through.
    I had to smile (sorry) when your game at Darlington was called off at the last minute in midweek. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. Call it off early and you’re damned, call it off late and you’re damned.
    Now a few people are getting their nickers in a twist, rightly so, over Tuesday’s rescheduling, coming with very little notice. I have to agree, it does seem like Tamworth have got the rough end of the wedge on this one. I noticed Feb 13 was available for both clubs.
    Meanwhile, we were held to a draw by the pride of Lincolnshire on Tuesday night. It was a shocking game, with very few chances, on a terribly windy night. No arguing, Boston were certainly worthy of a point. Still nine points is a nice cushion to have over your boys despite your two games in hand.
    And then finally, our best player Jamie Jellis departed this week for a crack at league football with Walsall. The lad should have a cracking career ahead of him and is one of the best players I’ve seen in the red shirt in 60 years of watching the club.
    Kyle Finn, on the other hand, is a good player in his own right, and plays out wide on the right. He scores goals and makes assists. I’m sure I’m giving nothing away, your backroom lads will have done your homework on us.
    So until Tuesday, I bid you adieu. Hopefully by then the gap will be 11 or 12. Don’t underestimate Peterborough, they are much improved.
    Cheers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Like I said Larry the annoying bit for you lot is it was common knowledge on Tuesday that it would be played on the 30th.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Registered On: December 23, 2013
    Topics: 28

Like I said Larry the annoying bit for you lot is it was common knowledge on Tuesday that it would be played on the 30th.

It wasn’t common knowledge on Tuesday, it was for those who were putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.
    Although one club wanted to rearrange it for the 30th, the other club didn’t!

Common sense prevailed.

FerriteFerrite
    Participant
    Topics: 101

Now a few people are getting their nickers in a twist, rightly so, over Tuesday’s rescheduling, coming with very little notice. I have to agree, it does seem like Tamworth have got the rough end of the wedge on this one. I noticed Feb 13 was available for both clubs.

League rules usually require rearranged fixtures to be scheduled for the next mutually available date, so the clubs may not have had much choice. Obviously, SUFC cannot impose the date on Tamworth, it has to be agreed in concert with the league.

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

For those who supposedly put 2 and 2 together made 4 not 5 because they were correct were they not.

sufc.not.on.toursufc_not_on_tour
    Participant
    Topics: 28

For those who supposedly put 2 and 2 together made 4 not 5 because they were correct were they not.

No they weren’t, the game was only confirmed for the 30th yesterday afternoon, FACT!
    On Tuesday they were guessing!

AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Mmmm really.

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Mmmmm means you know he’s right, mind you was he posting from Turkey?

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

‘I have to agree, it does seem like Tamworth have got the rough end of the wedge on this one’.

I don’t think that’s Fairlamb.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    AwaywegoAwaywego
    Participant

Put it this way Jerry and Andy Brown are in most days down there so if he says it’s going to be played on Tuesday before anyone else or the club announcement I trust jerry and at the end of the day he was right and im sure it wasn’t a luckey guess, just poor communication from the club as normal,

Deereyme66Deereyme66
    Registered On: May 8, 2017

‘I have to agree, it does seem like Tamworth have got the rough end of the wedge on this one’.

I don’t think that’s Fairlamb.

I’ll get my coat…

ironfromafarironfromafar
    Participant
    Registered On: October 10, 2021
    Topics: 19

Hope the Iron can up their game Tuesday … IMO a performance akin to Boston Brackley or PS simply wont cut the mustard.

Im sticking with my earlier prediction of a draw for this one ..

Att difficult to predict as will be way less than the postponed Saturday timing..
    circa 4000 im guessing.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant
    Registered On: September 18, 2023
    Topics: 137

When two irresistible forces meet 2 immovable objects?

Zìxīang Máodùn

When the two best strike forces meet the best and third best defences in the league.

If there is a positive outcome in favour of one team it will be the result of a mistake.

They are five clean sheets on the bounce.

Iron 0-1 Lambs

Sorry guys. I hope I’m wrong!
    UTI.

Bookies see the home form of Scunny as giving us the slight edge.

Iron: 69/50
    Draw: 120/50
    Lambs: 75/50

If Whitehall ain’t too rusty, he may Nick a goal to make it 1-1

Head: 0-1
    Heart: 1-0
    Gut: 0-0 or 1-1

Fingers crossed.

PaulSanfran49
    Participant
    Topics: 70

Will be down to management directive.

bartonscorpionbartonscorpion
    Participant
    Registered On: July 20, 2015
    Topics: 43

I am worried that this game will end up being a no score draw, this result will suit Tamworth, and it will go a long way to them ending as automatic winners of the league.

Tamworth have a very strong defence, and at the same time Scunny are so light weight in front of goalregarding the chances they seem to miss.

PREDICTION SCUNTHORPE 0 TAMWORTH 0.

ATTENDANCE 5,803.

Ihope that | am wrong, and we can yake three points.

Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

I am worried that this game will end up being a no score draw, this result will suit Tamworth, and it will go a long way to them ending as automatic winners of the league.

PREDICTION – SCUNTHORPE 0-0 TAMWORTH

ATTENDANCE – 5,803.

As many as that?
    How many are they bringing?

Iron-aweIron-awe
    Participant

Do well to top 4000 IMO it being a Tuesday night and winter time.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Rene ArtoisRene Artois
    Participant

Att: 4,671

[Away 471]
    [Home 4,200]

cassidystashcassidystash
    Participant
    Registered On: January 4, 2014
    Topics: 104

And streamed.

BeagriesbackflipAlfred
    Participant
    Registered On: January 1, 2014

And streamed.

Not yet showing on their schedule ??

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.